• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-B73F3777803579CE

t1506064848z1.png

Happy b-day Rockin' Ranger!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kathy Rain -- MB-9BF838DE9D7F5803 - Taken by Arthea. 8 entrants total.

t1506073602z1.png

Deques

Just missed sharing a birthday with Max by 1 day. :(

Thanks! :D

pwCetjN.png

I feel like I should make it clear that the Mystery Game is DEFINITELY NOT SOMETHING TAKEN FROM THE RECENT SAKURA HUMBLE BUNDLE. So if you'd be concerned about that don't worry and you should definitely enter.

Happy Birthday. The mystery is probably the entire Hunie Sakura bundle :D

Nezzhil

I feel like I should make it clear that the Mystery Game is DEFINITELY NOT SOMETHING TAKEN FROM THE RECENT SAKURA HUMBLE BUNDLE. So if you'd be concerned about that don't worry and you should definitely enter.
Happy birthday and thanks for the giveaway. Goodluck to all!

Damn Digital Foundry's Doom ports retrospective, I bought the classic collection meanwhile it was at 75% discount only for you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Outlast -- MB-0D9A1E8F1AEAF818 - Taken by Ronabo
Outlast: Whistleblower -- MB-32446671089F53BE - Taken by Natty1

Arminsc

Just missed sharing a birthday with Max by 1 day. :(

Thanks! :D

pwCetjN.png

Happy birthday man! Thanks for the giveaway :D

dex3108

I find most of Prey's audiologs and E-Mails far more interesting than audiologs in other games so far. They are just so much better written that the world they build just works and makes one curious what the hell is going on.

They really are great. They are pieces of puzzle that you are slowly building together. And they add layers and layers of story of Talos station and its inhabitants.

BTW new Steam Client today woo hoo (
it is last day of summer XD
)

I only need the Whistleblower key from Humble so in case you want the Outlast key without going through Humble:
Edit: Ups, I messed up, it's Outlast and it wasn't supposed to have a countdown lol.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragon1893:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dragon1893, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A1128521F948C7EC - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.

t1506082325z1.png

Madn

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Outlast -- MB-9FA3104C1A12706D - Taken by Zeeman

in any case, i didn't really care for that, or for that intro credits sequence, and i'm just personally really tired of this genre's tropes of audiologs, reading through notes, hacking minigames, scavenging and such. i enjoyed it a bit in deus ex prague (whatever its name is) but i really like the deus ex universe and prey's doesn't feel that interesting. they do make good on that unbreakable glass that frustrated me so much, so good on them, but i didn't feel super hooked
Ohh man, I loved the start of the game. I knew I was in for something special when I could just lift and toss most of the incidental items in the apartment. I thought the intro sequence was incredible, definitely a memorable moment for me even though I played through the game early in the year.

I'm not one for audiologs and e-mails and all that, but where I find Prey is effective in this regard is that no one is just a generic NPC. Every single person you come across is named and tracked, so the namedrops and invasions of privacy were more effective. Also the way the game does videologs is so cool.

Happy birthday, Rockin' Ranger

I see Nier 2 is on sale until Monday. It's like $40. Should I bite or is it available for cheaper elsewhere?

Tizoc

Yo this Oddworld Soulstorm stream is great, the stuff Lorne is showing are impressive and has me very excited for it.

Does anyone have a clue what the exact requirements are for a game to unlock their cards.

Cat Girl e.g. sold 10k now and still doesnt have cards, even though they exist.

I dont actually get why the Vanillaware CEO always talks about putting their games on Steam, then a new Dragon's Crown Remaster is announced and its PS4 only again...

I dont actually get why the Vanillaware CEO always talks about putting their games on Steam, then a new Dragon's Crown Remaster is announced and its PS4 only again...

Vanillaware CEO is looking for a way to get their games on Steam.
Vanillaware games are published and some of them owned by their publisher... Atlus. :)

I bet you an Okami HD that the problem isn't technical and more of a business one... :)

http://www.atlus.com/sales/odre/atlus_odre_sell_sheet.pdf
Odin Sphere is a registered trademark of Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

https://trademarks.justia.com/859/07/dragon-s-85907075.html
Current Trademark Owners
Party Name
ATLUS U.S.A., INC.

Now you can guess who's being a dick in refusing to make these PC versions happen. :)

kurahador

I'm playing Odin Sphere remake on vita right and oh man, it's damn good and so pretty.
Best of all, it's ocd friendly where you don't need to worry about missables -- I love games that does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom