• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 53, 2015 (Dec 28 - Jan 03)

Oregano, the only tag posts like this are going to net you is "Banned."

Is there hype for Kiwami? It seems like a bad idea. Sega re-released the first game on PS3 not too long ago and they announced 6 right alongside it.

I honestly don't know what to expect from it. does 100k FW seems responsible?

Subaru

Wow Splatoon sales are really strong.
Splatoon is what, the 4th most sold Wii U game in Japan? Is there any TOP 10 Wii U software list?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Why? Nothing I said is false. 3DS is declining fast. Vita barely declined and it's pretty much all down to Minecraft.

EDIT

3DS ain't a year older.

9 months older, doesn't change much, point remain that 3DS is selling better, even if is a older console and when has almost saturated the market.

Week 1 comparison:

20./22. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.20} (¥5.627) - 9.254 / 53.138 <40-60%> (-16%)

28./30. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.11.26} (¥5.724) - 5.560 / 42.297 <60-80%> (-35%)

2014's game had an extra week on the market so far, but this year's version isn't going to sell an extra 13k next week. Looks like another drop for the series.

Really isn't doing great anywhere apart from 3DS (and mobile I think?)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Those PS4 and Wii U numbers.

Wow at both.

Vita numbers too.

Week 1 comparison:

20./22. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.20} (¥5.627) - 9.254 / 53.138 <40-60%> (-16%)

28./30. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.11.26} (¥5.724) - 5.560 / 42.297 <60-80%> (-35%)

2014's game had an extra week on the market so far, but this year's version isn't going to sell an extra 13k next week. Looks like another drop for the series.

Yeah, Taiko is pretty much dead outside 3DS. PSV performance was dreadful, and Wii U performance hasn't show a YOY increase.

Wow Splatoon sales are really strong.
Splatoon is what, the 4th most sold Wii U game in Japan? Is there any TOP 10 Wii U software list?

Second - and high chance of becoming the best-selling game in Japan.

Tadaima

So, the PS4 might overtake the WiiU this year I guess?
Very unlikely. Based on historical figures, I analysed the end of year hardware numbers last week, and concluded that PS4 won't overtake Wii U until at least another year. You can find the analysis and Chris' historical figures in last week's thread.

Eolz

Aren't Taiko games selling more in their first entries on a platform actually?
I remember reading something like that here.

There are only 3 million WiiUs?? It's kind of surprising since its games sell so well.

I also wonder what people are playing on Vita, since its games don't really have any legs, aside from Minecraft of course.

Eolz

There are only 3 million WiiUs?? It's kind of surprising since its games sell so well.

I also wonder what people are playing on Vita, since its games don't really have any legs, aside from Minecraft of course.

Vita= lots of small/mid games with niche/specific audience appeal.
WiiU= nearly no third party support, some big games.
Both don't really sell that well.

02./02. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi) {2015.12.17} (¥4.860) - 91.572 / 699.436 (-46%)

02./01. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi) {2015.12.17} (¥4.860) - 140.479 / 777.188 (-34%)

What is this mess?

Fdkn

So a thing I noticed is that the 100k gap between MC and Famitsu regarding PS4 has been stable for a good while... who will correct in the end? Just curious about that.

Edit: nevermind I see the gap is 130k for vita and 170k for ps3 so no maybe they won't correct anything at all

crinale

Minecraft Vita version may have crossed million copies (sold thru + digital) I've just heard. Will lookup into details after tomorrow..

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Very unlikely. Based on historical figures, I analysed the end of year hardware numbers last week, and concluded that PS4 won't overtake Wii U until at least another year. You can find the analysis and Chris' historical figures in last week's thread.

I'm curios to know what was you'r analysis... PS4 will most likely outsell Wii U in 2016.

Taiko no Tatsujin V was close to 100K last time it charted. Isn't that enough ?

Awful legs for a Taiko games, and given PSV installed base, it could have done much more (please note that Minecraft was supposed to have brought a much younger audience on board). I don't think that can be considered a stellar performance, and not even average. Perhaps Bamco is satisfied though, Taiko games are released year after year on Wii U following awful performances.

They need to hurry up and release #FE overseas so people like me who actually care can play it. Currently on media blackout, but my body is ready.

Do we think it had a better shot at selling if it's SMT/FE roots were more in your face?

They need to hurry up and release #FE overseas so people like me who actually care can play it. Currently on media blackout, but my body is ready.

Do we think it had a better shot at selling if it's SMT/FE roots were more in your face?

On Wii U? Perhaps if it were more similar to FE it could have done something better, but not much.

Alrus

So how is this year's Taiko Wii U doing compared to the previous ones in terms of legs? (absolute sales are bad I know).

Edit: nvm that was covered earlier. I wonder what Namco's going to do with it in the future. PS4 version maybe? Wouldn't hurt to try.

Wow, didn't expect PS4 HW to go up after the week before Christmas.

PS Systems usually do well after new year.

Kid Ying

Yeah, Taiko is pretty much dead outside 3DS. PSV performance was dreadful, and Wii U performance hasn't show a YOY increase.

Second - and high chance of becoming the best-selling game in Japan.
Third actually. Super Mario U is the best selling game and Mario Kart comes second.It will surpass both soon, though.

Week 1 comparison:

Yeah, there's no way to spin this. It's bad. :( Taiko 3 first week was actually better than Tokumori's, but it didn't got good legs on holidays, quite the opposite in fact. Not even a single week above 10k. It was painful. :(

Usually the first game on a console is the best selling, since taiko is a game that dont change much between releases, lot's of people are okay having one version and thats it. A shame cause Wiiu version sold 181k the last time we saw on a chart, but was a game plagued with lots of troubles that it's sequels fixed. Still, i don't feel as bad as i did with tokumori regarding atsumete tomodachi's sales. Tokumori was a great game, where atsumete wasn't as good in it's selection, gameplay and all... It's the first time in a while that a taiko game felt worse than the last. Still good game though.

The worst part is that we can't even count on 90% digital sales. There's no incentive at all to buy taiko digitally, and it's numbers on eshop shows.

Well, at least it will sell it's shipment this time. Also, it sold better than a high profile Nintendo exclusive game (#FE). Hahaha.

Also, since some people like the comparison:
04./03. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥8.316) - 11.689 / 97.275 (-86%)
16./13. [WIU] Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥7.236) - 9.094 / 32.900 <40-60%> (-62%)

Not as big of a dropoff, but that's because it's sales were never great to begin with. Also, #FE is not a game many people bought from eshop like xenoblade, so i'm not expecting it to show great numbers digitally.

Mr Swine

Banned
Nice numbers and impressive that vita managed to close its large gap from constant 220k to 100k, I guess sales won't be that much lower this year by the looks of it. And I'm still impressed on how well Splatoon, SMM and Wii U is selling, too bad it twill be back to 10k a week :/

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Edit: nvm that was covered earlier. I wonder what Namco's going to do with it in the future. PS4 version maybe? Wouldn't hurt to try.

If Taiko can't sell on Vita it won't sell on PS4. Next entry will be on 3DS anyway, this was the year off.

Top Bottom