• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer 3

Xun

It looks great! I can't wait.

Why do I get a strong feeling Peter's going to make his own suit based on exactly what he needs

It just looks like Stark threw all the tech at it and it's gonna cause trouble
I'm thinking the same thing, especially after this trailer.

Alienous

The last trailer kind of soured me and it felt like I had seen way too much of the movie. Is this trailer better in that regard?

Yeah, but it does give away a little more.

If this trailer had followed the first one it'd probably be a good amount of information to reveal, but after trailer 2 the little that this new trailer reveals fills like it's filling in some of the final few gaps.

So if you don't want to be able to piece together the movie in your head, which I feel like I could do, maybe it's a trailer you should only watch once or not at all.

Huh, first trailer that actually sold me on the movie, I was not expecting that at this point. Still unsure about the Vulture but aside from that it looks solid.

Renpatsu

I like the use of music in the third trailer, it really gels with the contemporary urban direction they're taking with the school and general character - it's only when that runs up against the standard super hero blockbuster template does it feel a little jarring in these Sony marketing trailers.

VAD

Between this and that dance routine, Tom Holland is really growing on me. Also, Donald Glover is in this. I guess the time has come for a good Spider-Man movie.

Man, who the hell is Donald Glover playing?

I would bet he is older Miles Morales and assumes the role of Spider-mentor. At least it's who I would like him to play

The first link I posted is that way, I'd say. The second half of the international trailer gets into the specifics of the Vulture's plan, so I might avoid that one.

Yeah, but it does give away a little more.

If this trailer had followed the first one it'd probably be a good amount of information to reveal, but after trailer 2 the little that this new trailer reveals fills like it's filling in some of the final few gaps.

So if you don't want to be able to piece together the movie in your head, which I feel like I could do, maybe it's a trailer you should only watch once or not at all.

Thanks for the answers! You two are superstars.

Lord Fagan

I'm starting to think there is no Uncle Ben in the MCU continuity. Least not one consistent with the traditional origins of Peter Parker.

But this movie looks appropriately colorful and exciting. Holland's got a lot of charisma in the role, so this should please enough people and do very well.

Agreed that this kind of out of nowhere approach to trailers is preferable to several days of buildup with with teasers of teasers.

Best trailer so far but where is Aunt May.
In the incredibly, mind-numbingly busy poster.

j4m5EfCR.jpg

I'm starting to think there is no Uncle Ben in the MCU continuity. Least not one consistent with the traditional origins of Peter Parker.
There's a line of dialogue in Civil War that suggests this iteration of the series starts off post Ben dying. Which I think is smart.

Farsi

Skipping this one, none of the trailers do it for me. This feels exactly like just another Marvel movie.

Salsa

uh boy

idk about this talking AI and overboard hi tech stuff

I get Tony Stark and all but at this point why not make a talking AI mech suit for everyone then

fuckin Hawkeye could use some shit

it's hard to go there story wise. let Spiderman be Spiderman. dunno how this goes forward

So, I'm guessing - and hoping - that by the end of this film, Spidey ditches the Stark-made suit. Or rather, he takes some of the tech, puts his own spin on it, and then makes his OWN suit, and that'll be the one that we see in later appearances.

Lots of gadgets to be taken away so he can wear his original suit and prove how much of a hero he is with his own ingenuity.

Just spoiled the movie for ya.

^ This basically, lol.

Davide

They actually prettied up Zendaya in that poster. I knew they wouldn't last the movie without doing it, but I didn't think they'd do it before the movie even released.
Looks like what she'll wear for homecoming.

That poster is unbelievably amateur.

Salsa

why doesn't every avenger have a retractable parachute

why is this bothering so much godammit movie don't raise these questions

Salsa

I said this before but whilst I first I enjoyed the idea of Tony being in it it's kinda hilarious how this is the one Marvel character they absolutely don't need to put RDJ in as much to still be a fuckin monumental success

seeing how far they go with the suit I now wish they hadn't gone this route tbh

Seesaw15

uh boy

idk about this talking AI and overboard hi tech stuff

I get Tony Stark and all but at this point why not make a talking AI mech suit for everyone then

fuckin Hawkeye could use some shit

it's hard to go there story wise. let Spiderman be Spiderman. dunno how this goes forward

Seems like the arc of this movie is Peter gets tech suit->Tony takes tech suit away->Peter uses old suit-> Tony gives back tech suit but Peter realizes he doesn't need it and takes out all the bells and whistles.

Draper

I'm confused, like Marvel is in charge of this movie, right? So that should inspire confidence, but I guess Sony is in charge of marketing? Is that why all of it looks bad?

Salsa

Seems like the arc of this movie is Peter gets tech suit->Tony takes tech suit away->Peter uses old suit-> Tony gives back tech suit but Peter realizes he doesn't need it and takes out all the bells and whistles.

I don't see a plausible non-copout scenario where he decides it's better to just wear cloth rather than having a fuck ton of gadgets after already having used them

like I get that it's all about becoming his own superhero and proving himself and yeah I'll do it my way Tony! but from.a script point we're talking about a young dudes life lol. there's no real point to wearing a worse suit. they're kinda in a corner I just hope they solve it

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm confused, like Marvel is in charge of this movie, right? So that should inspire confidence, but I guess Sony is in charge of marketing? Is that why all of it looks bad?

Yes. Sony is absolutely awful at marketing. Like, terrible.

I said this before but whilst I first I enjoyed the idea of Tony being in it it's kinda hilarious how this is the one Marvel character they absolutely don't need to put RDJ in as much to still be a fuckin monumental success

seeing how far they go with the suit I now wish they hadn't gone this route tbh
After Amazing Spider-Man 2 barely broke $200M domestically, they probably feel the need to give this film some added starpower.

Though it's kind of a catch-22, since if ASM2 didn't disappoint critically and commercially, we certainly wouldn't have a Spider-Man that's part of the MCU.

Top Bottom