• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

randomkid

Okay, I'm done with all my games now. I guess I should give a list of games that don't work:

- R-Type Delta
- Grandia (Aeana will not be pleased)
- Legend of Mana
- Chrono Cross

Ah dang, this was gonna be one of my first purchases.

I know it's futile but I might as well ask here too, if there's a single person out there who has Dezaemon Kids besides me, would be nice to check heh.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Omg Suikoden works?

Dark Schala and I will be pleased because Suikoden exists on the Vita.
;_;

Screen mode set to full, Bilinear Filtering on and RE3 looks great. Doesn't seem overly stretched and loving that is uses more of the screen.

Weird. How are you guys downloading FFVII directly from the Vita? I upgraded to the new firmware, and the only PSone classic I can download is my Mega Man 2 Japanese import.

Mung

I reckon SCEA think that they will get more money if they drip feed titles over several weeks/months/years rather than if they just put them all up immediately like Europe or Japan. Still BS, but might be why.

Also, Wipeout works.. RIP Studio Liverpool

Hmm... while this is here, would I be right if I assume that Japan has a way bigger and better selection of games for their PSone Classics line?

Looks like it's significantly better. SE has pretty much everything up as far as I can tell.

There are a few holes here and there (Summon Night), but this is a really complete library.

Also here, have some Einhander.

A1WzSW7CMAEtykK.jpg:large

I mentioned this on twitter, but if anybody wants to know if a certain game is up on the JP store, feel free to ask me and I'd be happy to look it up.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Just downloaded Klonoa and Jumping Flash 2 on my PS3, both transfer over and work!

Astral

Do you have anything confirmed compatible?

Xenogears, Vagrant Story, and Resident Evil 2 and 3. I can transfer save data just fine but it doesn't let me download the actual games. Nothing comes out. Even when I go to my download history it says "Cannot be downloaded from the PS Vita system."

LiK

Xenogears, Vagrant Story, and Resident Evil 2 and 3. I can transfer save data just fine but it doesn't let me download the actual games. Nothing comes out. Even when I go to my download history it says "Cannot be downloaded from the PS Vita system."

are they in bubble form?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, Money Idol Exchange worked direct to download from download history on Vita. So is it just... all working imports on the US store work this way?

I'm Glad my PS3-less self can get in on the fun in some way :) Sony is so messy with these things...

Can OP Add confirmed games that work from Download history -> Vita to the OP, too? It'd be nice for those of us who don't have the additional $250 dollar "transfer tool", haha.

Also note that this means you can buy the games through Media Go, and then download directly onto Vita, once it's considered part of the history.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So, Money Idol Exchange worked direct to download from download history on Vita. So is it just... all working imports on the US store work this way?

I'm Glad my PS3-less self can get in on the fun in some way :) Sony is so messy with these things...

Can OP Add confirmed games that work from Download history -> Vita to the OP, too? It'd be nice for those of us who don't have the additional $250 dollar "transfer tool", haha.

Vagrant Story doesn't work directly.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I've got SotN loaded up, but it's not recognizing the Vita Start button so I'm stuck at the title screen. Anyone else have this issue?

Drago

Looks like it's significantly better. SE has pretty much everything up as far as I can tell.

There are a few holes here and there (Summon Night), but this is a really complete library.

Also here, have some Einhander.

A1WzSW7CMAEtykK.jpg:large

I mentioned this on twitter, but if anybody wants to know if a certain game is up on the JP store, feel free to ask me and I'd be happy to look it up.

Hmm... I do know the JP store has Ape Escape PSX up, which is criminally missing in every other store. fuck.

The only PSX game I need. Adored the PSP remake but I still really want to play the (apparently superior) original. Japan gets everything :'(

Ran rp

I reckon SCEA think that they will get more money if they drip feed titles over several weeks/months/years rather than if they just put them all up immediately like Europe or Japan. Still BS, but might be why.

Also, Wipeout works.. RIP Studio Liverpool

I'm tempted to get FFVII just so I can play something but fuck that.

lantus

You mean I have to redownload my PS1 games again to transfer them? Lame! I don't remember having to do that on PSP.

I was wondering the same thing, didn't see anything on the store.

Meh. I ended up digging out my PS3 from the box it was packed in (I just moved) and began the process of redownloading PSone games to get the "bubbled" version for the transfer. Tomorrow, my idle minutes at work shall be spent plowing through monsters on Alundra and racing chocobos on FF7.

Oh yes.<3

brainpann

Also note that this means you can buy the games through Media Go, and then download directly onto Vita, once it's considered part of the history.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.
I am able to directly download Shienryu and Dezaemon Plus!

Also, please update the list with Wipeout via PS3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've got SotN loaded up, but it's not recognizing the Vita Start button so I'm stuck at the title screen. Anyone else have this issue?

Works for me, no issues here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Omg Suikoden works?

Dark Schala and I will be pleased because Suikoden exists on the Vita.
;_;
It certainly gives me an excuse to do a replay/speedrun of the game. ^______^ It's just too bad that you can't seem to be able to take screens with the Vita naturally.

Suikoden already existed on my Vita in some capacity! I kept the dream alive.
I don't care if it was only a few darn wallpapers.

Top Bottom