• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Branson

My neat and tidy collection grows

My PS1 games so far. Have Xenogears and FF8 downloading now.

2012-08-28-0019359gs5z.jpg

That reminds me. I need to get R4. Loved that game.

So my final tally for the night (all via PS3)

Good job, Sony

Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Pandemonium
Coolboarders
Legacy of Kain
Rally Cross
International Track and Field
Um Jammer Lammy
Suikoden
Jumping Flash
Legend of Dragoon
Jet Moto
medievil

FUUUUUUUU, Sony

Crash 1
Crash 2
Crash 3
Crash Team Racing
Spyro 1
Spryo 2
Final Fantasy V
Lilo and Stich
Oddworld: Abe's Odyseee

Nice to see ya, oldies.

A1Wo1XzCQAAhQFx.jpg

A1W9SpZCYAAAlNE.jpg

Hold the touch screen.

Thanks mate!

Holy crap! I just played a little of RE2 on the VITA and I put the disc speed at FAST and the loading is so fast! Door animations, loading, menu, everything! Especially when you change camera angles! :D

All the weird beats in the dialogues due to the game changing camera angles are gone! Brilliant!

teiresias

So my final tally for the night (all via PS3)
Legacy of Kain

Is this Soul Reaver or Blood Omen? I can't get Blood Omen to be recognized to be transferred so if that's what you're talking about I'd really like a tip on getting it over. Of course, if it's Soul Reaver, not a big deal (rather play my DC copy).

so how good is Vagrant Story?

I've never completed Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon or Vagrant...what do I do GAF (and no buy them all isn't an option)

whitehawk

Banned
GAF, right now I have Castlevania Chronicles and Castlevania: SotN.

Any other games I should buy? I'm tempted buy FF7, Resident Evils and Ridge Racer 4...

Tizoc

Sorry for asking again, but since my post was among the last in the previous page-
Do the following agmes work on the Vita?
Rayman 1
R-Type games.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just a reminder to add Klonoa and Breath of Fire IV to the OP.

GAF, right now I have Castlevania Chronicles and Castlevania: SotN.

Any other games I should buy? I'm tempted buy FF7, Resident Evils and Ridge Racer 4...

All good choices. Resident Evil 2 is one of the best from the 90s, as far as I'm concerned, but you could always branch out with something nuts like Jumping Flash.

Does anyone know if Future Cop: LAPD works? I'll buy digital if it does.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is Unjammer Lammy just as good as Parappa? Better?

Minions

Anyone else having lack of responsiveness in FF8's menus. It seems I need to click the buttons and hold them in some cases to get the button to register.

Menus like selecting junctions etc.

Maybe the OP should keep track of the games people tried that don't work too so people don't try games that have already been verified not to work.

Squire

Banned
Anyone else having lack of responsiveness in FF8's menus. It seems I need to click the buttons and hold them in some cases to get the button to register.

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue! Weird.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Alright finished moving over everything I could.

Works (bolded if its not in the OP right now):
Alundra
Castlevania Chronicles (PS+)
GaiaSeed (Japanese Import)
Klonoa
Um Jammer Lammy
Vagrant Story
Warhawk (PS+)

Doesn't Work:
Final Fantasy V (PS+)
Crash Bandicoot 1 (PS+)
Chrono Cross (PS+ sale i think)

KalBalboa

Banned
No MediEvil? Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

It's there pal, check the first post.

I had an issue with Jet Moto and the L & R buttons not working, but the rear touch worked fine. I might reboot my Vita to see if it's still a problem.

Maybe the OP should keep track of the games people tried that don't work too so people don't try games that have already been verified not to work.

I can't tonight, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow, maybe (unless someone else wants to compile a list for me to copy/paste in the morning).

SteeloDMZ

Banned
It's there pal, check the first post.

I had an issue with Jet Moto and the L & R buttons not working, but the rear touch worked fine. I might reboot my Vita to see if it's still a problem.

I can't tonight, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow, maybe (unless someone else wants to compile a list for me to copy/paste in the morning).

I meant to say MediEvil 2.

bh7812

Banned
Just to let people know who may be trying to get on PSN to buy some PS1 games for their Vitas and plan to transfer from PS3: First, the updates for both my Vita and PS3 were unusually fast. Like 9 minutes to update the Vita and 8 to update the PS3. Very unusual since it almost always takes 15 mins to update my PS3. Secondly, it appears the part of PSN responsible for adding funds to wallets using PSN Pre-Paid cards seems to definitely be under maintenance right now. I just tried to redeem my PSN cards and it's saying that part of PSN's under maintenance. I can get into the store okay but it's saying it's under maintenance when you go to put in a PSN card code. It's also saying under maintenance if I try to redeem them through the SEN website. Just a heads up..I bought $150 worth of cards tonight (need to get 3 months of plus, Growlanser 4, a few PSN games but mostly for PS1 stuff) so I'd like to be able to add them to my wallet asap! Hopefully they'll have the code redemption portion of PSN back up shortly, if not I sure hope it will be later today.

Young Magus

so how good is Vagrant Story?

I've never completed Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon or Vagrant...what do I do GAF (and no buy them all isn't an option)
Depends, for a straight up JRPG I would go with Dragoon, want a good/interesting story go with Xenogears, want something different for the pack go with Vagrant. I only played Xeno and Vagrant so I can't say much about Dragoon

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm playing Suikoden on Vita.

I'm... so... happy...

*stares at Suikoden II saves when transferring PS1 saves over from PS3 to Vita* Siiiiigh.

Canadian PSN Vita Store has no PS1 anywhere and I can't dl any of them from my DL list. :(
I ended up doing it with PS3 to Vita transfer instead because nothing showed up for me.

madmook

Theme Hospital is not transferrable. :(

Also, Sony are lazy bums, there's no way to remap anything to the right analog stick or disable rear touchpad input for R2/L2. It works, but it's clunky and I'd like to map them to the right analog stick. This is just a re-skin of the PSP's psx emu.

Months of waiting, they should've been able to do more.

Top Bottom