• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - You're the hero (Gamescom trailer)

delSai

Here's the new trailer

Boruto, Shikamaru, Choji are joining the roster of Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker! And for the first time in the Naruto series, the Avatar System is available! You will be able to customize your own ninja with different outfits. To become the strongest one, you will need to master your techniques and unleash different skills to win the fight in the Ninja League, the main battle mode in 4 vs 4.

Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Ninja League's like Naruto Brawler meets Overwatch or something lol. This trailer got me hyped again.

I'm the hero? You know what my catch phrase is right?

https://youtu.be/Tlwda9S58Lg

I like this kind of multiplayer battle arena title better than traditional fighting games though. Verticality and landscape fighting is fun. The type of "fighting games" I enjoyed were games like Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. So this is in the same kind of style which intrigues me at least.

If that makes sense... It's also why even though I never buy fighting games I got Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Pein

Banned
I mean I'm gonna be honest this game to me looks terrible but I'm a huge fan of storm and I'm probably just being salty.

Can't wait to buy it and everybody is gonna make an uchiha as their custom character lol.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not too keen on the arena gameplay, but create-a-ninja is cool.

RalchAC

I mean I'm gonna be honest this game to me looks terrible but I'm a huge fan of storm and I'm probably just being salty.

Can't wait to buy it and everybody is gonna make an uchiha as their custom character lol.

I mean, for a clan that was completely erased from existence the series sure managed to have them everywhere.

Now I wonder if a certain person cells will be available to the character creator.

Voidwolf

Will I be able to import my custom characters from Sonic Forces? Oh man, I am gonna make some ridiculous characters in this. And some really dope ones. I'm not sure if this game even looks good tbh but I'm a huge fan of the series.

I like this kind of multiplayer battle arena title better than traditional fighting games though. Verticality and landscape fighting is fun. The type of "fighting games" I enjoyed were games like Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. So this is in the same kind of style which intrigues me at least.

zwxXwOe.gif

I agree, there's so much potential in fighting games where the environment matters with cover, verticality, etc. Not to mention the team aspect.

The big issue is most of these games have lots of depth problems regarding combat mechanics, but conceptually I feel like if someone were to actually nail a well playing deep arena type fighter, it would be so much more than what the limits of a 2D plane or simple sidestep and non-interactive backdrops provide.

I also like this new trend of OC creators in franchise games.

Alienous

It's nice to see a team-based competetive game that isn't focused on shooter mechanics. For Honor was interesting in that regard, and it looks like this might be too.

Boruto? Wait, Naruto has a Disney-direct-to-home-video sequel?

Or do you mean that a bootleg manga got an official anime version?
BFOr-DZCcAA6CkD.jpg

I kid, but God, Naruto needs to die as a franchise already.

Anyway, the game doesn't look that hot.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Oh my god the hairstyle options and attacks are literally just ripped from the character models of the cast, it's literally "Original character do not steal" incarnate. :|

Pein

Banned
Boruto anime is better because all the shipping wars are finally over.

....right?
I guess thats part of it, also because it captures the essence of part 1 and expands on it with out getting into power wars, its much more slice of life vs battle shonen right now. Plus the art and animation are typically great.
what's this about boruto being good

I stopped following Naruto after the first naruto vs sasuke fight

its super good.

Oh my god the hairstyle options and attacks are literally just ripped from the character models of the cast, it's literally "Original character do not steal" incarnate. :|

this is why I just don't care about it same with dbz when they had a create a character because its just gonna feel and look like a mish mash of random characters. Like here's a namekian doing a kamehameha wave and here's an uchiha doing a rasengan,

Boruto anime is better because all the shipping wars are finally over.

....right?

The next step in Hyashi's plan requires that Boruto and Sarada end together though.

Well... you do have a teacher that may be one of the members of the cast... and I always wanted to rock Jiraya's haircut.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
why is that? the Anime is the best its been in years and the games namco bandai put out are consistently good.

er..CC2 is done with Naruto, and the gaiden was the stupidest arc in the entire series, forced baby mama drama for a horrible pairing and their spawn(which to be fair, sarada herself was an okay character until they designed her to not wear pants)

In short, Naruto should have ended years ago, and the only reason it, DB, Bleach and other continue is because of the creative bankruptcy of the industry

Title should be Boruto's Dad to Boruto: Shinobi Striker.
Game's title is awful

This game reminds me of an old platinum games game. Forgot the name of it.

Kyne

Honestly just stop wasting time and have ASW make a new Jump Ultimate Stars in their 2.5d engine.

That will cover all anime fighters from now on.

I guess thats part of it, also because it captures the essence of part 1 and expands on it with out getting into power wars, its much more slice of life vs battle shonen right now. Plus the art and animation are typically great.
I was just teasing. I do agree with all of your points. It's just that I still remember the time when Naruto finally chose Hinata. Some fans were in suicide mode.
The next step in Hyashi's plan requires that Boruto and Sarada end together though.
all_according_to_keikaku_by_dannex009-d89yv7r.png

Galang

Banned
Looks good to me, but the character creator sadly looks underwhelming. Every haircut pretty much belongs to an actual Naruto character already. And they need to use Sarada more in the promotional material. They're going to leave out the only good new character? lol

SoulUnison

Banned
No, thank you.

CC2 spoiled us.
This looks like an early-mid generation 360 game to me, and I normally hate that sort of statement.
Any resolution bump is negligible, and the animation and combat quality seems like "Rise of a Ninja" or "The Broken Bond," at best.

I don't think there is another sentence in the English language with as much concentrated power to disappoint dads than this lmao

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan [Ok I'll cut it off lol] reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/2jz62z/is_there_an_anime_character_stronger_than_madara/

Top Bottom