• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me out GAF - Divinity: Original Sin co-op

Hey there, GAF! Looking for some opinions from the community here on the best way to co-op Divinity: Original Sin on PC.

I've been meaning to dive into this game for a long time now, and with the release of the sequel it seems like a great time to do so. My girlfriend and I intend to play together, both being big fans of D&D and other tabletop games that inspire Divinity: Original Sin. However, after looking into it it seems like you can't pair keyboard and mouse with a controller barring a complicated workaround. A friend of mine also told me that the game gets a lot of benefit out of using a keyboard and mouse. So, basically, I'm looking for some opinions from GAFers who have experience with both control setups, or who have experience with any workarounds.

Is the controller scheme inferior enough to the mouse/keyboard scheme that it could have an effect on our enjoyment? If so, did anyone have any luck with any workarounds on a single PC? Lastly, if neither of these options are very good, could Divinity: Original Sin run well on a MacBook Pro from 2013? Buying the game for her on her Steam account and doing online co-op is an option, but if the performance would be terrible I think we'd rather bite the bullet on the double controller co-op.

diablogod

Hey there, GAF! Looking for some opinions from the community here on the best way to co-op Divinity: Original Sin on PC.

I've been meaning to dive into this game for a long time now, and with the release of the sequel it seems like a great time to do so. My girlfriend and I intend to play together, both being big fans of D&D and other tabletop games that inspire Divinity: Original Sin. However, after looking into it it seems like you can't pair keyboard and mouse with a controller barring a complicated workaround. A friend of mine also told me that the game gets a lot of benefit out of using a keyboard and mouse. So, basically, I'm looking for some opinions from GAFers who have experience with both control setups, or who have experience with any workarounds.

Is the controller scheme inferior enough to the mouse/keyboard scheme that it could have an effect on our enjoyment? If so, did anyone have any luck with any workarounds on a single PC? Lastly, if neither of these options are very good, could Divinity: Original Sin run well on a MacBook Pro from 2013? Buying the game for her on her Steam account and doing online co-op is an option, but if the performance would be terrible I think we'd rather bite the bullet on the double controller co-op.

I played both on keyboard and ps4, if the control scheme is the same as the ps4 I highly doubt it would really affect your enjoyment of the game almost at all. It controlled fine IMO on controller.

I've played PC and Xbox versions. While KBM is going to probably be the better input to use, controller optimization for the game was great. You won't find yourself at a disadvantage using it.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the answer to be so clear-cut after some of the complaints I was seeing on Steam about the controller setup, but I trust GAF with these things. Appreciate the responses and the money this saves.

I may do some kind of thread in the future on easing a newcomer to gaming into a hardcore co-op experience like this, since this thread wasn't as rich for discussion as I thought, haha. My girlfriend has been tabletop gaming for ages, both with and without me, but when it comes to videogames she really only plays Kingdom Hearts and more recently Breath of the Wild, and prefers to watch me play other games as opposed to playing them herself. We haven't had a full co-op experience in ages and our gaming time together is precious since we work on opposite schedules, so I'm a bit nervous for this but optimistic that it's up our alley.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the answer to be so clear-cut after some of the complaints I was seeing on Steam about the controller setup, but I trust GAF with these things. Appreciate the responses and the money this saves.

I may do some kind of thread in the future on easing a newcomer to gaming into a hardcore co-op experience like this, since this thread wasn't as rich for discussion as I thought, haha. My girlfriend has been tabletop gaming for ages, both with and without me, but when it comes to videogames she really only plays Kingdom Hearts and more recently Breath of the Wild, and prefers to watch me play other games as opposed to playing them herself. We haven't had a full co-op experience in ages and our gaming time together is precious since we work on opposite schedules, so I'm a bit nervous for this but optimistic that it's up our alley.

She'll more than likely enjoy this then. I don't remember if the first OS has it, but I know the new one has a dungeon master mode. Sounds like it would be a perfect party game for y'all and maybe a few friends. Check it out

Top Bottom