• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

Delio

Looks like the Gore Magala skeleton again.

Though at least it seems less obvious than Valfalk.

I like how Nergigante's a brutish melee-focused monster. Reminds me of my old pal Diablos.

Yeah totally gives me Gore vibes.

Instro

A Monster Hunter that doesn't look like poop, and with an actual story with some meaningful production values. Never thought I'd see the day.

jiggle

Not from the trailer but at the stage gameplay

DKNp9_FVYAEbvm5.jpg

DKNp9_GVoAAjy6Y.jpg
I thought itd be bigger

Toxi

Banned
This dried up coral region is easily the best looking one in mohun history innit?
So pretty.
Definitely.

Wildspire Wastes is gonna be a distant second thanks to those gorgeous pink flowers. It reminds me of some of the places here in Colorado. I love how there's variety in the arid environment and it's not just desert.

Seems like there was a stream earlier? Anything new?

There were two official streams. Both were just more gameplay demos.

One of the stage presentations wasn't streamed as far as I know and we have short cellphone videos from that one showing off character creation, cat companion customization, and some of the fight with the flagship Nergigante.

Aselith

This is for sure coming out in the US in January? PSN store is showing march 31st still even though it looks like they bumped it to the top of the store due to TGS

Guessing the former but doubt you get to fight it for long or at all there. Nice way to introduce you to the game and the big boss at once.

I shit you not when they first showed off the world and details they were cramming in i was convinced we'll get just one big map of the forest while the rest come through dlc eventually.
The fact that theyve put in so much work and keep showing it in a timely fashion just blows me away. This is so unlike the capcom of today.
The project mustve cost a lot of money and mustve been really well planned for them to have revealed the game 6 months before the release and have all this ready. Can you imagine how many possible monster animations theyd have to have made just to account for monster x monster interactions?

I want a demo to come out so I can get a feel of how it's going to run on the OG PS4. Hopefully not too many framerate dips in multiplayer.

Aselith

Do we know if they extended the time that things stay on the map? I was playing Tri on Wii and was really shocked at how quickly things decay. Like I was having to harvest mid fight because things were fading before I killed the other monsters.

Doombear

Good lord. The Barroth footprints in the desert. The animation when they cut the tail and he crumbles that pillar. I can't stand all this loveliness.

Well ok. That crazy loud desert bird call that's a little crazy loud.

Good lord. The Barroth footprints in the desert. The animation when they cut the tail and he crumbles that pillar. I can't stand all this loveliness.

Well ok. That crazy loud desert bird call that's a little crazy loud.

Yeah, what's up with that bird haha.

All the footage I'm seeing from this looks great. Really wonder how it'll do in Japan.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Nergigante regenerating part of his body and them being even stronger is a cool mechanic, also loving what I'm seeing of the customization, much better than the older games.

Doombear

2nd half of the TGS video above does a good job showing just why numbers on screen are quite useful. That bow user could really stand to... stand a bit closer. Doing 2x3 and 1x3 damage on those shots XD

Another TGS video from today, with bowgun as well as transition from day to night during the hunt: https://youtu.be/TzaOb3YC47U

2nd half of the TGS video above does a good job showing just why numbers on screen are quite useful. That bow user could really stand to... stand a bit closer. Doing 2x3 and 1x3 damage on those shots XD

Another TGS video from today, with bowgun as well as transition from day to night during the hunt: https://youtu.be/TzaOb3YC47U

I was in the livestream for this video, and a lot of the Japanese viewers in chat commented how they loved the day to night transition, especially saying they loved the sunset.

Doombear

It was gorgeous. I think it adds a very needed sense of actual time passing. Sure there's always been the countdown clock but this is just a whole different thing and I also really love it!

Sayad

I don't consider MT Framework Mobile/Lite and MT Framework to be of a same engine.
Call of Duty throughout the PS360 era(and maybe still does, not sure) ran on the same engine as Quake 3, name really doesn't matter if you're not seeing what they added under the hood.

Outside the special effects though, MHW isn't doing much that MTF didn't do last gen(on consoles/PC not handheld of course). Game looks amazing mostly due to the art direction/assets/animations.

Barroth is such a beautiful bastard now. Loving the detail, and the dynamic day/night cycle is a great touch; it really adds to the feeling of being out in a natural environment.

Danneee

Have they said anything about DLC and micro transactions yet?
Considering Capcoms new found love for that crap I’m just cautiously optimistic about this game.

Top Bottom