• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

THIS

some people cant see framedrops and therefore say thet have no drops

Therefore trust people if they report drops, even if it just one person

Yeah but will those people make a huge deal dropping to 25fps? Or when it drops to 20 fps for a sec or two due to loading?

grave_danger

Neo Member
Can confirm all of this. Also playing on PS4. Interior fighting can sometimes be so laggy that I can't interact in the way I want to.

Posted similar thoughts in the other Fallout 4 thread.

I don't see a frame rate issue, am I missing something? I'm a predominantly pc gamer who games at 60+ fps so I am somewhat sensitive to frame drops. This seems to be a solid 30 fps to me

amnesiac

I don't see a frame rate issue, am I missing something? I'm a predominantly pc gamer who games at 60+ fps so I am somewhat sensitive to frame drops. This seems to be a solid 30 fps to me

It's pretty clear to me about 10 seconds in when he looks at the hole in the wall

Venom Fox

Banned
There is one next to the hole in the wall as well as when he enters on the other side in the hallway.
It's minor though, I don't know why everyone is upset. It could be a case of bad optimisation in that particular area, hell, even the Xbone could have a framerate hitch there, we'll have to wait for a comparison.

Blobbers

how could any of you possibly cancel your preorder??

todd has been looking out for you ever since you were a youngun

when your parents were fighting, he was watching you through your window making sure baby boy could grow up strong

when you were cold at night he turned up the heater

he bought the rights to bill nye so it could be shown at all schools

that $50 bill you found last summer? he put that there

todd loves you, and this is how you repay him

shame on all of you

rbWpO4E.jpg

Akibared

I see it and I don't think that's going to be enough to ruin the game for me. Now what I would love is more gameplay videos I'm weak but don't feel like watching a stream of someone who's far into the main story.

Game embargoes so close to release should have every website up in arms. Yet you don't see IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Kotaku, Destructoid and the others complaining even if this is delibarate in order to sell more games to an uninformed public. I think I'm gonna throw up. This industry is a real joke thanks to its young and gullible buyers. But also thanks to reviewers with no backbone that basically bend over and take it deep just for a chance to play the new hot shit before others. I can't believe it really, and it's been going on for YEARS. Who will stop the bleeding? CAN it even stop?

takeiteasyc3kv3.gif

dubq

lol this thread is ridiculous. videos look fine to me. find something else to "worry" about, GAF - maybe curing cancer?

This is honestly what disappoints me the most. Witcher 3 spoiled us in this regard.

I know Witcher 3 is the most direct comparison but it's not just the Witcher 3. Seamless interior/exteriors transitions in open world games has become the norm and it makes a real difference in how a game world feels. I was hoping this would be an area that they focused on with the extra resources of the baseline hardware. I was disappointed to hear that this has not changed.

Are you sure that your console is ok? That almost seems like to the point of console failure. Easily in the teens at some points.

How can I be sure of that ? I don't have any problems with Destiny, Bloodborne, MGSV or every other game. Why not accept that this game is just not that great regarding the performance in buildings ^^

For people claiming that the XB1 will perform better:

Is there a precedent for this? What game performed better on the XB1 because they had the marketing arrangement?

Wticher 3.
Assassins Creed Unity.
Dragon Age Inquisition.
Every COD before the marketing deal switched to Sony.

Probably conspiracy nonsense. I dont blame people for putting 2 and 2 together because it seems to happen a bunch with MS marketed games.

Especially with COD and AC where as soon as the marketing deal switch sides the playstation versions got a better framerate.

Ullus

lol this thread is ridiculous. videos look fine to me. find something else to "worry" about, GAF - maybe curing cancer?

You for real? cant be

I did a walkthrough in the same building without any fights.

You can see the fps go low when I am turning left or right, and sometimes when sprinting. FPS get's really bad at the end.

https://vid.me/5k1k

That looks absolutely terrible, it's not like there's even anything happening on the screen.

AdanVC

Can confirm all of this. Also playing on PS4. Interior fighting can sometimes be so laggy that I can't interact in the way I want to.

Posted similar thoughts in the other Fallout 4 thread.

Welp there you go. All the interest I had to buy a PS4 just for this game has gone now. Will wait until they fix this because this is annoying considering you're going to spend lot's of hours in this game. Hope reviewers take this into consideration so Bethesda can fix this like super quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom