• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter DLC trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

MrCarter

Although the game’s roster (and amongst other things) is a mess I can’t deny that Capcom know how to bring characters alive in their fighting games. Amaterasu was beautifully created to suit a VS title back in MvC3 and now they’ve done it again with Monster Hunter.

Didn't expect for her to be the first shown of the DLC characters but she looks great and her model is really good! Also those animations are fantastic, very recognizable and feels right at home for MonHun fans.

Really hope that all the DLC characters look and animate just as great as her and hopefully they show B.Panther or Sigma next since they keep talking about those 2 especially.

mas8705

So is she coming out first with Black Panther? Makes sense, given that they were both in the story.

The more I think about MH being shown first continues to cause me confusion in one way or another. If we are going off of MH and BP being paired up because of Story Mode, then what does that say about the other four since Sigma was also in the story mode, but not Winter Soldier, Black Widow or Venom (not counting the giant monster mind you)?

If anything else, part of me actually thinks that these characters could be released in threes instead of twos, which would be rather neat.

Pack One: Story Mode characters: Sigma, Black Panther, Monster Hunter
Pack Two: Marvel Characters: Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Venom

At least that way, it could make a lick of sense why there was that split of 2/4 between Capcom and Marvel characters and could set up future packs where we can have three new Capcom characters perhaps in pack three and pack four could be whatever.

Gbraga

This game really needs an Ultimate version down the line. It'll be really weird if all the DLC characters + Jedah look this good while everyone else is kinda shitty. They need to even things out a little.

Even Jedah's voice acting is godlike.

L00P

It feels kinda weird to hear a hunter speak and not just grunt and stuff like in the games. She looks incredibly fun to play though

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
She seems better modeled and animated than almost the majority of the base roster. I cannot wait to play her she looks really fun to use.

Fixed the post slightly because this is how I feel. I'm guessing this game will go through some graphical updates over time so she doesn't look so jarring next to the worse character models.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow she looks good. Her attacks look very satisfying

This is the sort of thing that would have been a pretty exciting reveal... for the base game. Can't wait to play as her in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Infinite next year, I guess!

Feels like a missed opportunity that she doesn't summon a big monster for her ultra, tho.

Top Bottom