• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter DLC trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Keasar

Winning animation should be her hunched over the camera and taking out a carving knife.

Also holy shit that is an obnoxious amount of screaming!

LaNaranja

She looks great. That said ripping a unique character from the base roster to sell as DLC is fucking bullshit and just makes me feel better about not having bought this at launch. I'm curious as to how many people are actively turned away from these kinds of practices.

I don't like that they call out Monster Hunter.
Why not just Hunter.

residen_evil-hunter-funko-pop-exclusive-gamestop.jpg

Opa-Pa

That... Looks awesome, what the hell. I thought I could pass on this game, but seeing MMX be so prominent, and now this character... I kinda want it.

Why does she look so good compared to everyone else though? I remember thinking her first screenshot was fake because she didn't look hideous lmao.

Hellsing

Soooo... when can I get her Capcom? She's the only character I've been remotely interested in for the game. Still sorta annoyed that she's not in the base roster.

Lanrutcon

Should have been a trap you set in the stage not in a cinematic super though.

Let's be honest though: if we could change anything, we'd have her level 3 be Jho chasing a felyne in a barrel costume across the stage, trampling everything in its path.

This whole time I been trying to put my finger on who Monster Hunter reminds me of.... Now it has come to me. She reminds me of Soki from Tatsunoko. The way she swings her sword and the distance it covers..... She will definitely be my main and is probly the closest I'll get to having Soki back.

Mephala

Looks amazing.

I laughed at the greatsword comboing and wanted to say "you're doing it wrong!" but nah. Looks amazing.

Playsage

Looks great! MAH moveset translated well in the game.

The only "omission" is that there's no Palico

Expecting Kirin armor as DLC outfits for "obvious reasons"

MikeBison

Looks great. But with how weak of a roster they put in that game, it's criminal that her and others aren't included in the base game and DLC characters come further down the line.

Kouichi

Oh my goodness, she looks so amazing! This is the first character I actually feel excited to play. I really hope I don't have to wait too long.

NotLiquid

Christ almighty so many hypers. So she doesn't switch between weapons in a "stance" way but will rather go the easier route of just changing weapons depending on attack. That's fair.

That armor on the great sword swing was nuts, and I loved how they modeled several moves directly from the games. All I could see in my head was just mashing the button inputs in MonHun lol.

She looks fantastic.

NotLiquid

Just kinda realized MonHun would be perfect alternate costume material. They can milk this one for all it's worth.

Gore Magala armor please.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

*googles Kirin armor

tenor.gif

I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't a stance thing between an active weapon and other items, but I guess this is a lot more straight forward. Still, I'm a bit miffed about the MH changing weapons like that instead of sticking to one.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Was hoping the Monster Hunter theme remix would be better. Not feeling it, which is a shame because the theme is so great.

Looks awesome. Likely plays awesome.

But that remix of the Monhun theme seems totally off tempo.. the hell is going on there?

Was hoping the Monster Hunter theme remix would be better. Not feeling it, which is a shame because the theme is so great.

See what I mean?

No hammer or gunlance? I am disappointed.
Putting in the extremely long overhead charged greatsword swing though, I joked about it in a recent thread but that super armor makes it work.

You know Funko pops actually look decent when they aren't made of dead eyed humans.

Basically, the monster/creature/masked ones are so far ahead of the basic human ones it's ridiculous.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I told someone that Kirin is going to be a premium armor and some people told me it wouldn't happens. I'm going to wait and see if it would or not.

Giga Man

I don't even play Monster Hunter and I love everything about this character. Now, I'm just wondering if she was finished before Sigma. Was Monster Hunter revealed at TGS?

I think the characters might be releasing individually.

I expect as much when they revealed that 4 out of the 6 DLC characters will be from Marvel. They clearly don't care about a balanced selection at the moment, so individual releases would make more sense.

Spinky

What the FUCK @ that armour.

She looks great but she's also a prime example of why it hurts that this game has no Japanese voices.
She's not in some special league. Captain Marvel, Ultron, Gamora, Jedah and Thanos all look great too.
Am I really the only one who thinks Thanos looks (and sounds) hilarious? I was laughing at his face almost as much as Chun-Li's when they showed off that story trailer.

Top Bottom