• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo lists September NA eShop best sellers: Rabbids #1, Sonic #2, Golf Story #3

Shahadan

I would really love to know how well Overcooked has done so far. It was a success on other platforms too but with the two controllers included I could see many people buying and loving Overcooked on Switch. Despite the initial performance problems. Up until recently it was always in the top 10 in Europe.
It basically never left the top 15 since its release so it's doing well. Not many titles have done the same.

EDarkness

It'd be weird if NBA 2k does better than FIFA imo.

For some reason, I expected Fifa to....well hold its weight and NBA to struggle.

Was 2k gimped at all?

Only with graphics and frame rate. All features are in the game. I expect it to do better than FIFA, personally. I think people want the full experience even if they lose some graphic fidelity.

Only with graphics and frame rate. All features are in the game. I expect it to do better than FIFA, personally. I think people want the full experience even if they lose some graphic fidelity.

Agree. It also has the same physics and essentially plays the same, whereas FIFA is a custom version that feels totally different according to the impressions/reviews I saw.

Tadaima

It should be noted that Mario VS Rabbids is not yet released in Japan. Personally I picked it up digitally using a foreign eShop account and I am sure there are many others in Japan who have done the same.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Out of the top 5, I easily recommend Steamworld Dig 2 the most. I would even argue that SD2 is a higher quality Metroidvania than Samus Returns.

SUCKED IN! Grats to Golf Story!

How's Snake Pass doing? It's still one of my favorite Switch games.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Surprisingly 3rd party heavy.

This is a reason I think why Nintendo is not hurrying up to release VC on Switch. It gobbles up gaming time and money.

Surprisingly 3rd party heavy.

This is a reason I think why Nintendo is not hurrying up to release VC on Switch. It gobbles up gaming time and money.

Seeing that even Mario bros made the charts. I actually do think it's good that's there's no VC yet. Otherwise the charts would've been cluttered with all the Nintendo classics, and could've potentially affected exposure for all the third party/indie games.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
solid top 10 list.

God Switch has such a wonderful software lineup. Easily my favorite first year of software ever since maybe the N64.

Griss

I don't want to sound too soppy here, but that's a top 3 that makes me heart absolutely glow.

Rabbids - Who would have thought this monstrosity of an idea would turn into such a charming, blindingly brilliant strategy game? I love Mario, I love strategy games, I love
Ubisoft
, damn I just loved this whole game.

Sonic Mania - How long have we waited for a return to glory for Sonic? The game feels like a bit of a miracle itself.

Golf Story - As an avid golfer and classic game lover, this one is straight out of my wildest dreams.

So, not only do all of these games exist, they were also all successful. What a time to be alive.

I don't want to sound too soppy here, but that's a top 3 that makes me heart absolutely glow.

Rabbids - Who would have thought this monstrosity of an idea would turn into such a charming, blindingly brilliant strategy game? I love Mario, I love strategy games, I love
Ubisoft
, damn I just loved this whole game.

Sonic Mania - How long have we waited for a return to glory for Sonic? The game feels like a bit of a miracle itself.

Golf Story - As an avid golfer and classic game lover, this one is straight out of my wildest dreams.

So, not only do all of these games exist, they were also all successful. What a time to be alive.

Yeah, seeing Golf Story crack top 3 anything in addition to being released late in the months is very heartening. Is this still a result of the relative Switch game dearth, or an indication of the types of games Switch owners gravitate towards?

WestEgg

SUCKED IN! Grats to Golf Story!

I will never understand how a game that had two brief mentions in Nintendo Directs and seemingly no other marketing whatsoever managed to build up so much hype... and then completely live up to it! Even in the directs and on other social media, I saw way more traction behind Steam World Dig 2, which was also excellent, and was coming off the heels of a successful predecessor. How Golf Story came out of nowhere and ended up being even bigger, it's just a mystery to me.

Overcooked must be doing amazing because it has been near the top since it released.

Awesome that there is so much available on the console.

Crazyorloco

Nice for rabbids. What a diverse list. Really good to see a NBA 2k18 up there even with all its issues. The core gameplay/presentation is great.

Surprisingly low for Minecraft.

Minecraft is likely going to be in the top ten for the entire life of the switch though.

Mr Swine

Banned
Wow i’m Very happy to see Sonic Mania and the other games sell well! I hope they continue to sell well as the user base gets bigger and bigger!

HylianTom

Banned
Adore SteamWorld Dig 2.

In terms of adulation/hype/etc, I don’t usually put any other developers up alongside Nintendo, but this title cements Image & Form’s status in my own mind.

Makes me really sad that NeuroVoider didn’t list at all. Amazing game that’s perfect for the Switch.

Own Rabbids, Golf Story, and Steamworld. They’re all amazing games and I’m really really happy that the Switch is getting so many indie games. As I get older, the more I enjoy indies over AAA games.

Cerium

I will never understand how a game that had two brief mentions in Nintendo Directs and seemingly no other marketing whatsoever managed to build up so much hype... and then completely live up to it! Even in the directs and on other social media, I saw way more traction behind Steam World Dig 2, which was also excellent, and was coming off the heels of a successful predecessor. How Golf Story came out of nowhere and ended up being even bigger, it's just a mystery to me.

It was the right game on the right platform at the right time.

There was an untapped demand for a Mario Golf sequel, zero competition in that genre, and it's a perfect fit for a portable. It's also a full exclusive at a time when players are very interested in exclusive software.

Zedark

Makes me really sad that NeuroVoider didn’t list at all. Amazing game that’s perfect for the Switch.

Own Rabbids, Golf Story, and Steamworld. They’re all amazing games and I’m really really happy that the Switch is getting so many indie games. As I get older, the more I enjoy indies over AAA games.
Neurovoider did great, sold over the steam lifetime sales in a month (18k units give or take): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445819&highlight=neurovoider

Top Bottom