• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

These look very good and consistent. Do you have one for Human Revolution - Director's Cut, for those who have both the normal version and the director's version?

When you launch a PS2 game through Steam, does it go on and launch PCSX2 and then the game automatically, or does it just launch the PCSX2 software, and then you have to choose the game again?

You can set it up to boot the emulator and automatically load the iso directly using launch parameters in the target field of the shortcut. You don't need to have a million copies of the emulator, but regardless the process is a little tedious. all you really need to do is add a bunch of non steam apps (doesn't matter which ones) then change the target and start in fields in quotes for each of the shortcuts to point to the emulator you're using (pcsx2 in this case, I. E. "C:/my documents/emulators/pcsx2.exe" or whatever the path is on your computer). Afterwards it's a little different depending on which emulator you're using, but for pcsx2 I believe in the target field after the path to your exe in quotes, you put outside of quotes something like -l or -mount then in quotes right after you put the path to the iso you want it to load (I. E. "C:/mY documents/isos/shadow of the colossus.iso"), changing each of the shortcuts you made to load each individual iso via this path. I'm at work atm so can't verify if the launch commands are correct for pcsx2 but it should look something like that. I'll check when I get home as I've been meaning to add in my ps2 collection in this way myself for some time.

Was there any textless for Tomb Raider 1-3? I couldn't find any although it might be because minus isnt working.

I didn't make these, but they are the ones I've been using:

SMTICRE.jpg

7hipVrJ.jpg

4ApocPt.jpg

xHiryu

Seeing as how Dragon's Dogma is dropping this week, can anyone make any solid grids for it? The default one sucks lol

Awakened

You can set it up to boot the emulator and automatically load the iso directly using launch parameters in the target field of the shortcut. You don't need to have a million copies of the emulator, but regardless the process is a little tedious. all you really need to do is add a bunch of non steam apps (doesn't matter which ones) then change the target and start in fields in quotes for each of the shortcuts to point to the emulator you're using (pcsx2 in this case, I. E. "C:/my documents/emulators/pcsx2.exe" or whatever the path is on your computer). Afterwards it's a little different depending on which emulator you're using, but for pcsx2 I believe in the target field after the path to your exe in quotes, you put outside of quotes something like -l or -mount then in quotes right after you put the path to the iso you want it to load (I. E. "C:/mY documents/isos/shadow of the colossus.iso"), changing each of the shortcuts you made to load each individual iso via this path. I'm at work atm so can't verify if the launch commands are correct for pcsx2 but it should look something like that. I'll check when I get home as I've been meaning to add in my ps2 collection in this way myself for some time.
It doesn't need any argument for loading an ISO. Simply adding the path to the file after the emulator path works. Adding a --nogui argument at the end makes it launch without the GUI and you can hit Esc to exit back to Steam. Make sure you use the recent 1.4.0 release since there used to be a bug where pcsx2.exe stayed running in your task manager when you exited it after launching with --nogui. The command line in the target path looks something like this:
Code:
"path\to\pcsx2.exe" "path\to\game.iso" --nogui
You can add a --fullscreen argument as well if you want, but it's not necessary if you have fullscreen already checked in PCSX2's options. It's easier to generate your Steam shortcuts using Ice if you have a lot of games. If you use that the PCSX2 entry in emulators.txt should look like this:
Code:
[PCSX2]
location="path\to\pcsx2.exe"
command=%l %r --nogui

undu

I saw that image, but I had the full dragon in mind, don't know how to get rid of the letter on top, though. :(

Seeing as how Dragon's Dogma is dropping this week, can anyone make any solid grids for it? The default one sucks lol

I found this:

I'm not skilled enough to make the background transparent and blend in with dark backgrounds.

Wow I was getting frustrated that I couldn't find textless icons for Half Life 1, 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. So I finally decided to do something about it. Tried to make them resemble their regular icons since
I haven't played them all so I don't know enough about them to pick a representative image

Afro

Wow I was getting frustrated that I couldn't find textless icons for Half Life 1, 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. So I finally decided to do something about it. Tried to make them resemble their regular icons since
I haven't played them all so I don't know enough about them to pick a representative image

a few more here too. steambanners.booru is excellent.

Pachimari

Thank you a lot for this explanation. I'll try this out, and see if it works!

[edit]
Hmm, it didn't seem to work. I tried with both -l and -mount.

Parfait

Thank you a lot for this explanation. I'll try this out, and see if it works!

[edit]
Hmm, it didn't seem to work. I tried with both -l and -mount.

"D:\!Playstation 2\Valkyrie Profile 2\pcsx2.exe" "D:\!Playstation 2\Valkyrie Profile 2\VP2.iso"

I personally use loads of copies because each game is finnicky and needs it's own settings. But that's all you really need to do.

Protip: shift-right click on the iso for an easy pastable (including quotations!) line of text.

Just to add content, since Blade and Soul is coming out soon, I got the client running on steam (with only a little difficulty, surprisingly) so here's some cute art:

ABsiY4z.png

Pachimari

"D:\!Playstation 2\Valkyrie Profile 2\pcsx2.exe" "D:\!Playstation 2\Valkyrie Profile 2\VP2.iso"

I personally use loads of copies because each game is finnicky and needs it's own settings. But that's all you really need to do.

Protip: shift-right click on the iso for an easy pastable (including quotations!) line of text.

Thank you for this Parfait. It works like a charm!

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood / The 7th Guest / The 11th Hour / Missing: An Interactive Thriller / Murdered: Soul Suspect

Skgj8jw.png
mqjjA6y.png
MXN2eZ7.png

XeiUqQe.png
tvcrD6m.png
sz0P3s2.png

oSaOQr0.png
acxZpu7.png
2vUSk79.png

Tomb Raider I / Tomb Raider II / Tomb Raider III

BQhhtKw.png
KJaQ5SU.png
bs0w2S7.png

QPGMq1c.png
rBsfjaX.png
qnqEAtD.png

4RWvWZN.png
WCzMf7X.png
B85gtC9.png

Are there any good Brawlhalla grid icons without the "beta" and "free to play" texts? Not looking for textless, but couldn't find any I liked.

Started to get into some emulation again, here's a template for Dreamcast if anyone wants it. Not sure if one has been made already.

qjspU3x.png

Made one for D2
EkF5HSx.png

DrkHzns

Neo Member
Some more designs made to be consistent across a series, usually using a pre-existing icon of one of the series as a template - those are also included below.

Batman: Arkham
HaZNSEH.jpg
7FhW04s.jpg
6BGKTkD.jpg
ihI2VPv.jpg
H7tZNkI.jpg

Resident Evil
rX83c33.jpg
XwMGlh8.jpg
P8FoS6C.jpg
DeFWAro.jpg
Ih8ZHuq.jpg
48v4UbK.jpg

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
8GmIptd.jpg
D3yitxk.jpg

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
xaP8QYe.jpg
ro4IXRo.jpg
35TYg7C.jpg
zy1dyrb.jpg
oAseFLQ.jpg
0LppRCH.jpg

Breach & Clear: Deadline / else Heart.Break() / Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

V8yKx0v.png
Z1koa0R.png
mXJkQ7u.png

Krvsfyn.png
ryfRsNv.png
049xOI8.png

Outlast / Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded

sy4elPG.png
6WCdrgd.png
Ce8Rbny.png

PJhY0fU.png
NQPUfIF.png