• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

Finally, after 175 hours of fantastic gameplay. Also god damn Mission 45 sure is something.
Good bye Quiet. :(

CR41ZaTUEAAH9pq.jpg

Also sorry to poor guy whose FOB I had to invade.

How the hell do I make a nuke?

I have the all the resources but it says my Fuel is red, I have 76,500... But it says you need 75,000

Help

This second half is confusing the hell out of me, especially the way they integreted replayable missions with story missions in act 2 .

Ive unlocked everything up to mission 50, but what is the true final story mission (most of my unlocked was are just stealth runs of previous missions e.t.c).

Ive been told 46 is the final story mission, is that correct?

It pulls nuke materials from Online Resources if you're online. Otherwise I'm not sure.

I'm online, maybe I don't know how to read this?

It reads...

77429---------(7742)
-----------------(69687) [globe]

_____

What does that 77429 mean?

Help :((

Edit: 69,000 is my online resources?

I'm online, maybe I don't know how to read this?

It reads...

77429---------(7742)
-----------------(69687) [globe]

_____

What does that 77429 mean?

Help :((

Edit: 69,000 is my online resources?

Yep. If you have enough PF points you can redeem online fuel resources, if you need to make the nuke right now that is.

rataplein

is there anything i can do to move online resources to offline?

i was living off by selling loads of precious metal to pay for all the upgrades, but suddenly i found myself owning 0 offline and 33k online.... and now i'm extremelý poor (and most of my other resources went online)

Reule

Flaming Bufflo is styling in The Boss's outfit now. :)

Did they change it so once you read new Konami news once that it no longer appears now? Goes straight to the title screen now after connecting.

DOWN

Banned
I'm seriously upset with this "offline tax"

It's one ing for microtransactions to be tied to some unlockables that some of us just live with ignoring. It's another entirely that they patched in this "offline fob cap" so that now every night as they keep dropping the servers for maintenance, they wreck my single player progress. I can't use my resources because they now claim its in my online FOB (which I don't even have because I'm not at that part of the game where they even let you get an FOB yet). So I can't connect because of their shit maintenance, I can't use my resources because of their patched in tax for not being at the ready for microtransactions, and it's all shit packaged with a pretty bow trying to make it sound like some immersive base storage logic when I don't even have a base yet.

Fuck Konami

myco666

Makes no sense for it to be in red since you do see your online GMP along with your offline one. Setting up high security of your FOB takes up GMP overtime if I recall correctly, maybe that was it? Not really sure how that works though. Try switching maps to see if your GMP changes, it worked for me once.

Oh please no. So in order to have some security I have to be playing the game constantly in order to rack up GMP and keep up the costs even if no one invades? Seriously fuck this FOB shit.

I played some missions in Africa and in Afganistan and no change in GMP. I lost the 2 million GMP just because apparently.

Also now that I played again and they are having server maintenance I was again 'robbed' of all of my GMP and all of my resources. Sure they come back once the servers are up again but still. Glad I already have upgraded my MB to max so I don't need that much those resources and GMP. They basically just turned this game into a always online game with these patches. Does anyone know if there is any reason not to delete these stupid patches?

There's a couple of completion and save breaking bugs the patches fix but it should be mainly fine without them.

Oh please no. So in order to have some security I have to be playing the game constantly in order to rack up GMP and keep up the costs even if no one invades? Seriously fuck this FOB shit.
No the security cost is only if someone invades, but I don't know the exact details.

I'm going to wait until the PC version is all nice and modded up (and I can get a new rig) before I think of jumping on. No sense dealing with Konami's crap now when most of its problems are being actively addressed by the modding community. Another year or two and we'll probably get whatever partially-finished/unused content is sitting around on disc as well.

Golnei

I'm going to wait until the PC version is all nice and modded up (and I can get a new rig) before I think of jumping on. No sense dealing with Konami's crap now when most of its problems are being actively addressed by the modding community. Another year or two and we'll probably get whatever partially-finished/unused content is sitting around on disc as well.

I wouldn't expect all that much to be in a position where it could be reconstructed - nothing but audio remains from Episode 51, cut elements like
Lisa and Battle Gear
have had their assets scrubbed from the game, and the pre-order and regular DLC had nothing but text references prior to the most recent patch.

For the FOB and always-online stuff, as long as you roll back to a previous version or prevent the game from updating, you should be okay. The prohibitive timers can also be circumvented fairly easily via Cheat Engine.

Ourobolus

Banned
I attempted some of the missions without any equipment. Not bad - for the most part they are totally doable.

But you will need to do a supply drop for some of them
totally forgot I needed C4 for Pitch Dark, d'oh

I attempted some of the missions without any equipment. Not bad - for the most part they are totally doable.

But you will need to do a supply drop for some of them
totally forgot I needed C4 for Pitch Dark, d'oh

I've seen a speedrunner snipe something that made the tank explode, so there might be a way to do it with just an 1* rifle, but I am not sure what you're supposed to shoot.

I wouldn't expect all that much to be in a position where it could be reconstructed - nothing but audio remains from Episode 51, cut elements like
Lisa and Battle Gear
have had their assets scrubbed from the game, and the pre-order and regular DLC had nothing but text references prior to the most recent patch.

It's early days yet. People said the same things about Mass Effect 3, and two years later, it's already got a ton of content (both restorative and new) made for it.

Besides, there's still a long way to go in terms of datamining.

Oh Oh I think I have screwed up

Mission 43
yesterday Mission 43 was triggered and you go automatically to MOB to clean things up. I didnt finish the Mission because it was too late. Today I read some Forums regarding quiets ultimate disapear in the endgame. My Problem is I havent equipped the butterflysymbol before Mission 43 :-( is there a way to abort this Mission and additional equip the symbol ?

BadWolf

This second half is confusing the hell out of me, especially the way they integreted replayable missions with story missions in act 2 .

Ive unlocked everything up to mission 50, but what is the true final story mission (most of my unlocked was are just stealth runs of previous missions e.t.c).

Ive been told 46 is the final story mission, is that correct?

The story missions are marked with a yellow sphere indicator to the left, all the rest (extreme, stealth etc. versions of older missions) are optional. So yeah, mission 46 is the last story mission for the game. Mission 45 is the last mission for Quiet's story.

All yellow side ops are also story related.

Don't know if you have been to the second floor of the medical building at motherbase but there is story content there too.

Oh Oh I think I have screwed up

Mission 43
yesterday Mission 43 was triggered and you go automatically to MOB to clean things up. I didnt finish the Mission because it was too late. Today I read some Forums regarding quiets ultimate disapear in the endgame. My Problem is I havent equipped the butterflysymbol before Mission 43 :-( is there a way to abort this Mission and additional equip the symbol ?

If you can't exit to ACC from the Select menu then you are probably stuck in that mission.

Do you have Quiet's bond maxed out? If it isn't then the end of her story won't trigger.

Golnei

It's early days yet. People said the same things about Mass Effect 3, and two years later, it's already got a ton of content (both restorative and new) made for it.

Besides, there's still a long way to go in terms of datamining.

I hope you're right. Though even if none of the cut content is in a form where it can be restored, at least MGSV's relative openness will probably allow some reasonably extensive mods to be made in a few years if the game retains enough interest to result in an established community.

BadWolf

Went through
Paz's
story in TPP again and now I'm depressed all over again :(

When
Paz asks Venom if he has anything to show her for the first time
, he just looks at her and smiles. Seemed so genuinely happy to see her, really felt like him and I were on the same page at that moment.

Also, the last tape cuts deep:

You can kill Skull Face, murder Huey, slaughter Zero...Burn the whole world down, and it still won't bring me back.

Me or any of the dead.

And that was out business, War.

We bought our daily bread with money paid to us for killing.

Maybe us getting killed was just balancing the scales.

Her story in MGSV (GZ+TPP) has been handled in such an effective and memorable manner, really sad stuff.

Jawmuncher

Sneaking Suit I believe has a beta patch which brings the item into the game. Currently the main patch on PC does not list the item at all for owners.

Lender

Mission 45

Is quiet coming back or is she gone forever? Would kinda suck since I actually liked her character, especially after this mission. And I always found her handy to take with me during freeroam and missions.

myco666

Mission 45

Is quiet coming back or is she gone forever? Would kinda suck since I actually liked her character, especially after this mission. And I always found her handy to take with me during freeroam and missions.

Unless you have backup save or you are on PC she is gone for good.

Quick

Banned
I took a break from the game and finished Episode 25 and 26 yesterday, and as I'm watching a Quiet cutscene at Mother Base (description:
Quiet trying to cut into a soldier's mouth
) and hearing Ocelet and Miller's argue about her after, a thought I had from the beginning since meeting Quiet: has anybody else brought up that Quiet could have communicated by writing instead, or is this a plot point later on?

So far in the game, they talk about her being unable to speak, but nothing about being unable to write.

Haunted

I took a break from the game and finished Episode 25 and 26 yesterday, and as I'm watching a Quiet cutscene at Mother Base (description:
) and hearing Ocelet and Miller's argue about her after, a thought I had from the beginning since meeting Quiet: has anybody else brought up that Quiet could have communicated by writing instead, or is this a plot point later on?

So far in the game, they talk about her being unable to speak, but nothing about being unable to write.
one of many plotholes in the game

BadWolf

It's in one of the tapes
Ocelot says that they tried communicating with her in various ways, including writing, but she wouldn't cooperate.

The reason she doesn't want to communicate with them is plot related, yes. You'll find out what it is later.

Quick

Banned
It's in one of the tapes
Ocelot says that they tried communicating with her in various ways, including writing, but she wouldn't cooperate.

I probably forgot this. I listened to all the important tapes, too!

But I just find it weird that she could really make it a lot easier to (Episode 25, 26 spoiler)
contain the outbreak (since she seems to know about it) by communicating via written word.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about it.

BadWolf

I probably forgot this. I listened to all the important tapes, too!

But I just find it weird that she could really make it a lot easier to (Episode 25, 26 spoiler)
contain the outbreak (since she seems to know about it) by communicating via written word.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about it.

Just keep playing, you'll find out why :)

mileS

I haven't had a chance to log in the past 4 days. I never decline the terms of service. I logged on today to find almost EVERYTHING from my resources has been transferred to online... (example. 130,000 bio mats, now 120,000 are online) I noticed before that each day I would log in there would be a minor amount of mats changed over to online. I didn't mind it because it was only like 1000 a day or something. Now this shit is getting out of hand.

I haven't even unlocked FOB missions yet. Makes no sense to me. Extremely frustrating because my PS4 is in a room down the hall from the router and its wi-fi signal isn't the best. Which basically means Konami's shit servers and my avg wi-fi signal make ANY menus take 2-3 seconds longer to open then they should. What a fucking mess this is.

Despite all this shit I think its my GOTY still lol

BadWolf

Eh, I agree that this is a plot hole. She did afterall try to kill a guy that she knew was infected.

It's not a plot hole.

She went for his mouth/tongue, she didn't try to kill him. And, as per the tapes, that was the only reason the DD crew figured out to look for the root of the infection in the mouth/throat.

Shawn6661

Can someone help me to unlock the 2 last missions (
45 and 46)
, i would really like to "finish" the game.

Where i am : have listened to all the tapes, quiet relationship to max, done mission
plus most of
chapter 2
missions and did like 100 side ops.

Thanks.

Batzi

Banned
Can someone help me to unlock the 2 last missions (
45 and 46)
, i would really like to "finish" the game.

Where i am : have listened to all the tapes, quiet relationship to max, done mission
plus most of
chapter 2
missions and did like 100 side ops.

Thanks.

Do 3 side ops and/or 1 mission.

Top Bottom