• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dh4niel

I need this Revlotech Wolverine. Need.

Amazing-Yamaguchi-Revoltech-Wolverine-002.jpg

Amazing-Yamaguchi-Revoltech-Wolverine-004.jpg

kunonabi

figma Phoenix Wright came in. I like him quite a bit. His shoes are nice and shiny and he comes with a good deal off stuff too. I still think that face being GSC exclusive is BS but I paid for it anyway so I guess I'm part of the problem. Only real beef is his hands are awkward to pose properly and the hair split is really noticeable. This is going to be a big month for me in terms of figures. Should be getting figma TP Link DX and Zelda, figuart Anakin and Padme, and whatever I manage to track down at A-kon.

Anth0ny

after almost 20 years, there still hasn't been a single live action wolverine look I like enough to invest in a hot toy

I'll stick with my kotobukiya wolvie:

2Ufjk0i.jpg

after almost 20 years, there still hasn't been a single live action wolverine look I like enough to invest in a hot toy

I'll stick with my kotobukiya wolvie:[

Damn, when did that one come out? I notice Kotobukiya used to work in larger scales a lot more than they do now. Like, I had no idea they had so many 1/7 (that are more like 1/6) Star Wars figures from a time before the recent two or three.

Yarbskoo

figma Phoenix Wright came in. I like him quite a bit. His shoes are nice and shiny and he comes with a good deal off stuff too. I still think that face being GSC exclusive is BS but I paid for it anyway so I guess I'm part of the problem. Only real beef is his hands are awkward to pose properly and the hair split is really noticeable. This going to be a big month for me in terms of figures. Should be getting figma TP Link DX and Zelda, figuart Anakin and Padme, and whatever I manage to track down at A-kon.

I can't wait for mine to get here. It probably would be already if I'd ordered from AmiAmi.

Damn that exclusive face.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The claws are almost twice as long as his forearms. :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Gonna be getting the Joker One:12 this Wednesday. Traded in some comic variants for it.

I have four One:12 and they're all beautiful.
But they should call them One:11 because Sulu is at least half a head taller than my MAFEX Boba Fetts.

Anth0ny

Damn, when did that one come out? I notice Kotobukiya used to work in larger scales a lot more than they do now. Like, I had no idea they had so many 1/7 (that are more like 1/6) Star Wars figures from a time before the recent two or three.

It was a while ago. I think 2010?

Pretty much my favorite statue, period. Looks great on my display beside this beast:

1upsuper

I mean, I don't like the open mouth either, but saying the face/helmet are completely wrong seems hyperbolic. The sculpt looks pretty accurate to me, although the face they chose is pretty unattractive.

I totally disagree. The way the gem fits into the mohawk-y blue section is totally wrong, the sharp, light blue portions aren't angled properly and are flush with the darker blue, while I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be slightly elevated. And the shape of the face as well as the mouth and eyes are completely wrong. The $600 pricetag means you can nitpick some pretty fundamental issues. Frankly the entire head and helmet are terrible.

I should add that I'm A-OK with creative liberties as in the case of that other X figure, but this one is clearly going for an authentic look and it just fails.

LiK

I finally watched Logan and I want Hot Toys for Logan and Laura so badly! Any announcements? Don't remember if they were making them.

TAJ

The new Figuarts ANH Vader looks terrible. It looks like the helmet was sculpted to fit over a dog's head.
Obi-Wan's inner robes are looking really nice, but the head sculpt is worse than Hasbro's right now.

Their Jack Sparrow is impressive but I wish it was based on an earlier movie. Still might.

Didn't see this posted already. I'm sure there's someone around here that might be interested.

Tweeterhead DC Super Powers Collection – Harley Quinn Statue

First up in our “Super Powers Collection” of DC Maquettes is none other than Harley Quinn!! Harley stands at an amazing 18.5 inches tall on her elaborate “Abandoned Fun House Base” and features a clear flame and vapor trail.

The TWEETERHEAD limited Edition exclusive includes an extra head (not wearing goggles/scarf) and hand (pop-gun hand).

Harley’s concept, design, printing and paint work is by none other than Jason Wires of Jason Wires Production. Jason is a huge DC Nut and his passion for these characters is incredible!! I think it really shows in this Harley Maquette. The follow ups to Harley that we’re collaborating on will blow your mind!!!

Harley goes on Pre-Sale next Tuesday, May 30th! Regular Edition will be sold at your favorite retailer on Tuesday as well.

na0eK6l.jpg

RSFb3Ix.jpg

Also, has anyone had any experience with SW Our World Figures? They're releasing an unlicensed Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Alice figure. I already own the Hot Toys Alice, but I wouldn't mind buying another.

EGFZMvS.jpg

U68dz2w.jpg

batfax

Ugh. Want orange Ulala, but don't want to spend the extra cost from GSC's online store for her. It wouldn't be so bad if there was more stuff to order with her, but it seems just about everything has order stopped.

NEO0MJ

Wow, SOC Megazord comes packaged in styrofoam! It's been ages since I last had the pleasure of seeing that. Really makes it seem like the toy you remembered from when you were a kid. Not that I got any Megazord as a kid 😢

LiK

UGH, I hate GSC exclusives. Always charge full MSRP and 2000 yen shipping for anything. Need to bite the bullet.

Wow, SOC Megazord comes packaged in styrofoam! It's been ages since I last had the pleasure of seeing that. Really makes it seem like the toy you remembered from when you were a kid. Not that I got any Megazord as a kid 😢

I canceled mine because I'm trying to save some cash. Gonna regret it I already know.

Holy moly! Kingdom Hearts II Sora SH Figuarts!? Didn't expect that given Square's own Bring Arts line is starting with Sora. I suspect Disney is the reason this is really happening and not Square Enix, but still, maybe there is some hope for SE's other properties making their SHF debut.

LiK

Holy moly! Kingdom Hearts II Sora SH Figuarts!? Didn't expect that given Square's own Bring Arts line is starting with Sora. I suspect Disney is the reason this is really happening and not Square Enix, but still, maybe there is some hope for SE's other properties making their SHF debut.

wat? THERE'S HOPE

kunonabi

So are there any decent Superman figures around with the classic costume? Something poseable like say a figma or figuart? The only kind of decent looking one I saw was a Superman vs Alien one.

dangeROSS

Grabbed a set of the Mary Jane/Spider-Man figures. The ANAD Spidey's bright blue/red combo just pop in a great way. Love this shade of blue. The Pete head is terrific and fits all the recent Spidey's well. Except it looks a bit big on Superior Spidey.

Love the fact that we finally have a 6inch MJ figure. So freakin' rad. The fading paint job on her jeans and hair is a well done touch. My only qualm is that Hasbro needs to really get on adding double jointed elbows with their female figures. Messing around with the DC Icons Harley Quinn you can achieve so many awesome poses with her double elbows and it sucks Hasbro hasn't done it yet with their female characters. And also it would have been cool to get some spare hands for MJ.

MJ's head also works lightyears better on the recent Phoenix body then the one we got. I never realized just how bad that standard headsculpt is. It likely will be replaced when that new Cyclops/Dark Phoenix pack comes out. But for now MJ's head could be a great substitute.

Now all we need is an Aunt May figure....

oGmDNAQl.jpg

4z9dmBJl.jpg

KNwvpeUl.jpg

jx4BLJTl.jpg

P5reiRll.jpg

KRMT7Sxl.jpg

9NJSs1Ul.jpg

Shhvrlil.jpg

- J - D -

So are there any decent Superman figures around with the classic costume? Something poseable like say a figma or figuart? The only kind of decent looking one I saw was a Superman vs Alien one.

Nope. At least, not with the poseability and general quality of a figma or figuarts. DC Icons Superman is the closest you're gonna get and he's got a fugly head sculpt.

Grabbed a set of the Mary Jane/Spider-Man figures. The ANAD Spidey's bright blue/red combo just pop in a great way. Love this shade of blue. The Pete head is terrific and fits all the recent Spidey's well. Except it looks a bit big on Superior Spidey.

Love the fact that we finally have a 6inch MJ figure. So freakin' rad. The fading paint job on her jeans and hair is a well done touch. My only qualm is that Hasbro needs to really get on adding double jointed elbows with their female figures. Messing around with the DC Icons Harley Quinn you can achieve so many awesome poses with her double elbows and it sucks Hasbro hasn't done it yet with their female characters. And also it would have been cool to get some spare hands for MJ.

MJ's head also works lightyears better on the recent Phoenix body then the one we got. I never realized just how bad that standard headsculpt is. It likely will be replaced when that new Cyclops/Dark Phoenix pack comes out. But for now MJ's head could be a great substitute.

*snip*

MJ looks great!

And I think that Peter sculpt is a downsized one from the recent 12" Legends Spidey.

No. The recent DC Icons figure is too small and has weird pink eyes. Plus his articulation is kind of problematic. Especially in comparison to import figures. You're probably best waiting for that NECA Superman vs Alien 2 pack. That Superman looks amazing.

Yeah. When this was first announced, I thought I could live without. But seeing pictures of the actual figure, I'm realizing I was totally wrong. I need this.

kunonabi

No. The recent DC Icons figure is too small and has weird pink eyes. Plus his articulation is kind of problematic. Especially in comparison to import figures. You're probably best waiting for that NECA Superman vs Alien 2 pack. That Superman looks amazing.

Yeah. When this was first announced, I thought I could live without. But seeing pictures of the actual figure, I'm realizing I was totally wrong. I need this.

Thanks guys. Ill wait him to drop then.

BzPF0Yu.jpg

NECA: SDCC 2017 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Exclusive

NECA has been absolutely killing it with Ninja Turtles products lately and this SDCC exclusive is no different. Check out some pics and details about NECA’s upcoming Ninja Turtles Exclusive set!

This amazing set of eight cartoon-themed figures comes packaged in a beautifully illustrated, SDCC themed carrying case!

The set will retail for $200.00 and comes packed with cartoon relevant accessories. The best news is that the set will also be available for pre-order for non-attendees at https://thenecastore.com in June! Be sure to follow NECA online on Twitter and Facebook for more details in the coming weeks.

TV3uurW.jpg

VmTPM4O.jpg

X17m8eL.jpg

Top Bottom