• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emma Stone is in Death Stranding leaked image , could be fake

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Seems super fake to me.
Yeah Kojima being so into lala land is a hint. Him being so into Hannibal gave us Mads.
Even if Emma Stone is in the game doesn't mean this particular image is real.

Kinyou

M9uAgJL.jpg
btw. the goo stuff has the exact same pattern as the one on Mad's face. Makes not much sense to me that it would repeat itself 1:1

tRyYwbr.jpg

More likely that some photoshop guy simply copied it

eso76

The Emma Stone rumours have been floating around for a while.
I don't know what to think, except that's definitely not the hair you could/would model on a videogame character.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
While I do think that there's a good chance she'll be in, and she looks damn cool here, this image just looks like a shop of an actual photo of her.

bombshell

Um. Unless Emma Stone is a huge gamer AND willing to go well under quote, that's a fake.

No way Sony pays for Mads, Stone and Reedus (he still in it?) on top of what will already be an expensive game.

Why would Norman Reedus not still be in it? He's the player character.

kennyamr

Where is Meryl Streep?

I will say that hair is not Decima, it's too complex and real to be any engine but if it's true and let's say she's in the game...

Then why are we getting a live action trailer now after so much "in-engine" footage they have shown. Doesn't make much sense.

I may be wrong but I think it may be... fake.

hao chi

I love the look of her in that pic despite it having a 99.9% chance of being fake. I like the idea of a serious military woman being in the game (serious as in including her personality and how she dresses, not more of Kojima's Quiet bullshit).

mortal

Gold Member
You kidding me? That is fake as shit. In 2017, who is still taking crappy potato camera shots, with half the image cropped out.

My first immediate reaction is that this is fake. Fake leaks always obscure and cut off the image to hide more than they show. Real leaks tend to actually be much clearer because the intent is to show rather than hide.
However, usually when something like this is faked, it's easy to find the original source image. I cannot find an image matching that hair or the face lighting. I'm still leaning toward fake, but if so, I'm impressed. The closest I found is this, but I havent found more from the same shoot yet.

But hey, you never know. The barn footage of halo turned out to be real so anything is possible.

Possible that it's a leak from Kojima Productions. Lots of films/games will take actors/actresses their thinking of casting and photoshop/dress them in an aesthetic that they would be using in the film prior to contacting them.

As people have said Kojima seems to be quite obsessed with La La Land right now, it's not that hard to believe that they did a character test without her knowledge in case they thought of approaching her.

I mean, it's more than likely it's a fake. Just a weird thing to fake (especially that well).

HMD

The Oscar darling can't be cheap, I seriously doubt it. Mads is probably the biggest name they'll get.

It's fake because it's trying too hard. An image leaked of a character for a game doesn't need to prove itself in the image. Look at this image, black goo on the eyes, army suit, beach. All of these things are stuff we've see in trailers already but it only serves to try to convince us this image is from the game. Real leaked images don't have such obvious nods to what people already know is in the game. For example if the Mads image leaked, there is nothing in that image that ties it visually to the first trailer in such a direct visual way.

Possible that it's a leak from Kojima Productions. Lots of films/games will take actors/actresses their thinking of casting and photoshop/dress them in an aesthetic that they would be using in the film prior to contacting them.

As people have said Kojima seems to be quite obsessed with La La Land right now, it's not that hard to believe that they did a character test without her knowledge in case they thought of approaching her.

I mean, it's more than likely it's a fake. Just a weird thing to fake (especially that well).

There are some insane mental gymnastics going on in this post.

It's not a weird thing to fake at all. People have been speculating this for a long time. And it's also not done well. This awkward picture of a photoshop is textbook fake leak.

Top Bottom