• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Updates Person 5 streaming guidelines

Only bright side of this is not seeing 10000 people share the exact same screenshot of the same joke all the time. I'm grateful not seeing "beep boop" or "time for button mashing" posted all over Twitter and gaf constantly.

This news spoiled me more about the game(11/19 YUGE EVENT) than a million video streams would have ever done so(I would have avoided those!)

Thanks again Atlus!

I'mma just gonna come out and say it, without spoiling locations or names.

11/19
is the day before a boss fight that culminates in the narrative circling back to the opening tutorial sequence and story cutscenes.

It's not that huge an event, but it kicks off subsequent huge events.

I know exactly what it is means and it's not working here. Not many people own capture card for their PS4 while 50million own PS4 with inbuilt DVR system, owners of capture cards in retaliation of this would not have been enough spoilers in internet compared to if this policy did not exist where much more of it would've been on the internet.
I don't have a capture card.
95XvEiEls.png

95Y9UbV33.png

95YuOYXol.png

Eumi

What a load of bull. Who the hell is working at Atlus and how on earth could they possibly think this 'apology' could be taken any way but bad?

wiibomb

if I can't still take screenshots I can clearly say this is still bullshit..

let me take screenshots, that is all I ask, there wasn't any need to block them in the first place

When I read the thread title I was like 'oh good finally those stupid restrictions are gone!' Then I read the thread and just...

Really? You can already find videos on youtube covering the specific dates past that as well as collection of events and what not.

It's just such a stupid thing to do and it jut once again draws attention to these god awful 'guidelines' that no one ever wanted or asked for!

Honestly between this, the massive amount of issues with the localization, the prices for costumes, and the game just not really being that good once its all said and done P5 is currently making itself more and more the most disappointing game I've played this year (so far), right now its Mass Effect Andromeda but I didn't exactly have a lot of hype for Andromeda but P5 was different, I thought it was going to be my GotY but there are just so many issues I have with it.

Nimby

Banned
Super late "apology". It's too late anyways, games already had it's fame. Most people are done with it.

Btw this reminds me, had someone on Twitter complaining about YT channel BossFightDatabase putting the actual final boss of P5 in the thumbnail of a video. It's been up for weeks and was up when the game first came out. I was watching some Ringed City stuff and got that recommended to me as well. If you truly cared about spoilers, why is blatant shit like this still around?

Dantis

Atlus continues their trend of being a pretty terrible company.
People will probably blame this on Sega, but they've been doing this kind of shit for years. Remember P4 Arena was the only region locked PS3 game released.

Also the "sorry if you thought we were threatening you" part is bizarre.

They don't really care and they don't really act on it as far as I've seen. The final dungeon and final boss have been on YouTube since September. Hundreds of endgame videos have been up from numerous channels of numerous lengths.

Seems like they hit a couple people during the Japanese release but overall they haven't done much at all. Videos are everywhere and multiple streams on twitch beat the game with zero blowback.

Yarbskoo

They "fixed" their bullshit guidelines by moving the date restriction?

It's like they didn't even try to understand why people are upset.

So are they going to patch this and let me at least take screenshots and video from the PS4 up until then? Jeez, Atlus, this is the one localization not to do stupid shit with and you keep dropping the ball.

Gestault

I understand this is happening in the context of different divisions of a larger company, but eat shit. Don't use copyright and trademark enforcement tools to supposedly "protect viewers from spoilers."

They're firmly in the wrong, even now, and if they truly didn't forsee a reaction from the community and media around it, I question their competence. This layers on top of the more everyday frustration of their disabling otherwise universal features like screen caps.

I'd still be angry about blocking the ability to take shots and clips for personal use, but man, I'd appreciate it so much if they were just straight with us about their reasons for it. The spoiler thing is such obvious bullshit that it's just kind of insulting.

Seul Fantome

Neo Member
So not only are they not changing the restrictions in any meaningful way, but they also lie about not threatening copyright strikes? Incredible. This isn't a lack of common sense, it's a complete common sense vacuum.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'd still be angry about blocking the ability to take shots and clips for personal use, but man, I'd appreciate it so much if they were just straight with us about their reasons for it. The spoiler thing is such obvious bullshit that it's just kind of insulting.

What would being straight about it sound like? "We are assholes"?

True Fire

I liked the ending, but it's not the fucking Deathly Hallows. It's not that important.

SMT4 Apocalypse deserved a moratorium more than Persona 5. It just feels like they're doing this to build up hype.

dan2026

Do these fucking idiots realise their own game has be out in Japan for over 6 months?

What the literal fuck are they on about with spoilers?
I got fucking spoiled on part of the game days after it came out in Japan.

Also do they not get that people streaming games, SELLS GAMES.
This is the world we live in. Its free goddamn advertising!

Can I take screenshots with my PS4 yet?

No?

Then fuck off.

Yes, I mean for fucks sake Atlus. P5 was one of my most anticipated games of this year, I'm just waiting to finish a few games I've lined up to jump into p5. But now I feel fucking guilty in handing over cash to an ass backwards company and seriously outdated screenshot policies.

Hell I'm buying the PS3 version, but when I double dip for the PS4 one, yeah persona has me by the balls, it'll just feel dirty as hell for handing over cash to a company that clearly doesn't care for its customers enjoyment of the game.

lanternneogaf

Neo Member
Atlus continues their trend of being a pretty terrible company.
People will probably blame this on Sega, but they've been doing this kind of shit for years. Remember P4 Arena was the only region locked PS3 game released.

Also the "sorry if you thought we were threatening you" part is bizarre.

sorry to bother you because of private affairs
please check my Private Message

dan2026

How a company can be so blind and so tone deaf is beyond me.

This shit really winds me up, you just want to grab them and scream 'stop being so stupid!'

Are they really surprised? I hope they are prepared for retaliation with this new restriction from 7/7 to 11/19 message they are putting out. People have a tendency to rebel.

It's like they're new to the internet.

Perona

I've been taking P5 screenshots by remote playing to PC and then just taking the screenshots here. I assume streaming would work like that too (streaming the remote play window).

Not streaming allowed past 11/19 is actually a good thing. Because that's exactly the point when P5 completely goes to shit.

The fewer people exposed to that embarrassingly bad plot twist the better.

Agreed my friend, it's the main reason why 3 and 4 are still untouchable. Game is good until it ruins itself.

Top Bottom