• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Updates Person 5 streaming guidelines

uceenk

dunno i'm probably the minority people who glad Atlus did this, i mean Youtube recommendation page kinda suck

i rarely buy games on day 1 these days, i usually wait 6-12 months after release when used games are plenty, price go down and few updates are applied

that being said when Final Fantasy XV came out, as JRPG fans, of course i have a plan to play it, i just didn't want to buy on day 1, so when youtube videos about it keep appeared on my feed, i marked it as "not interested" to avoid potential spoiler

i did that for few days and finally not a single video of FF XV appeared, until few weeks later, they appeared again in my recommendation page, this time an idiot decided to put huge spoiler at the title, WTF

so yeah, up until now i'm glad there is no single Persona 5 on my youtube feed, with these recent changes i'm kinda worry, probably i won't visit youtube entirely, oh well

Just let me use the damn share button, Atlus. You can disable it after 11/19 if you want, but not being able to take screenshots or record video without a capture card or going through remote play is just dumb.

dunno i'm probably the minority people who glad Atlus did this, i mean Youtube recommendation page kinda suck...so yeah, up until now i'm glad there is no single Persona 5 on my youtube feed, with these recent changes i'm kinda worry, probably i won't visit youtube entirely, oh well

The point people are making is that they didn't stop anything. I literally saw someone complaining just yesterday that they got spoiled on the final boss by a thumbnail on Youtube, and that's not something that just got put up, I remember being able to watch the whole ending a week or so after release.

The only people they've hurt with this are the regular consumers who now can't make any kind of clips or screenshots while the people who they were probably worried about in the first place use their capture cards and ruin the game just as easily as they would have without Atlus' guidelines.

Jiraiza

So, screenshots when?

ARwxNum.jpg

Right here, my friend. Suck it, Atlus!

Atlus should have updated their streaming guidelines by deleting them.

Pretty much. The spoiler videos are out there. People have already livestreamed this game in its entirety. Screenshots of everything Persona 5, especially pointing out the localization hiccups, are out there to be seen.

So the only reason you still have these guidelines...is to reduce exposure for one of your flagship titles??? Think about that one, Atlus.

Game has been out for what, 2/3 weeks now? Any one who cared would've bought and more than likely finished the game by now. Fuck off Atlus.
People with 50-60 hour work weeks and responsibilities haven't. I'm 20 hours in and that's pretty much using all my free time.

This is still fucking stupid. If they just asked fans to not spoil it then then the fans, or any fanbase for that matter, would do their best not to spoil out of respect for the devs of an 11/10 game.

FluxWaveZ

This is still fucking stupid. If they just asked fans to not spoil it then then the fans, or any fanbase for that matter, would do their best not to spoil out of respect for the devs of an 11/10 game.

That's what they did in Japan. And before the game even officially released there, there was a Twitter account devoted to intentionally spoiling people on Persona 5 (in English), posting spoilery pictures and comments, with its header image showcasing everyone who was frustrated and tweeted at them angrily.

This situation is frustrating, but don't overestimate the internet.

Game has been out for what, 2/3 weeks now? Any one who cared would've bought and more than likely finished the game by now. Fuck off Atlus.
I happen to know for a fact that *you* haven't even finished the game yet lol. Regardless, these restrictions have never stopped people from being spoiled. The entire game has been on YouTube since the Japanese release. If they really wanted to completely avoid spoilers they should've done a simultaneous release.

RalchAC

Clearly they are missing the point. Maybe they need me to make what I want a little more clear.

MY SHARE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK IN THIS GAME. I WANT MY SHARE BUTTON TO WORK WHEN I PRESS IT, NOT WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT FOR YOUR BOTTOM LINE.

Atlus is the new Konami.

I can see that they thought: "Hey, we should try to avoid people being spoiled. Let's limit what can be streamed so the game isn't spoiled to slower players".

They forgot that it's 2017 though.

But let's not go as far. They just have an awful marketing team.

Top Bottom