• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

I guess with some of the comment here I see why mid tier games have kinds gone away. So much negativity for this game and it wasn't full price.

For me it was great for what it was and I hope the addittions make it better.

I guess I am with game like I am with movies where I'll see anything and have fun where as some people will only pay to see blockbusters.

The negativity was that the game was released in a bad state there was incredible padding and it was unfinished.

In addition to tons of glitches the game had like falling through geometry the game actively discouraged explore by putting radiation areas all around that would kill you quickly.

You reach final dungeon relatively quickly and have go back to previous areas to do more objectives to get more core.

-The final area is huge and is a pain to navigate with out a vehicle. That vehicle being the fifth corebot.

-The cover of the game showed 5 corebots.

-The UI has spaces for five corebots.

-Audio logs describe 5 corebots.

-You fight the fifth type of corebot and actually get parts from it. Parts that have no use in the game without the fifth corebot.

Look I love lower budget games and I really liked Recore a ton.

But it's definitely the most unpolished/unfinished retail game release in the last several years.

Lucifon

I'm really hyped to play this properly on the X. Hope it's got some major improvements, not just visually but mechanically too e.g to the later sections of the game.

Gestault

The negativity was that the game was released in a bad state there was incredible padding and it was unfinished.

In addition to tons of glitches the game had like falling through geometry the game actively discouraged explore by putting radiation areas all around that would kill you quickly.

You reach final dungeon relatively quickly and have go back to previous areas to do more objectives to get more core.

-The final area is huge and is a pain to navigate with out a vehicle. That vehicle being the fifth corebot.

-You fight the fifth type of corebot and actually get parts from it. Parts that have no use in the game without the fifth corebot.

But it's definitely the most unpolished/unfinished retail game release in the last several years.

Pretty much. I'm someone who played and loved the game (mostly on PC), but this is almost all stuff I'd agree with (or that's simply a matter of fact). When I say "this Definitive Edition had better be a free update," it's not because I want free content and that "DLC is evil"; it's because if they try to sell a mea-culpa edition as a second release, I have no goodwill for the title. I doubt that's the move they'll make, but they've stretched out the leak/announcement window so long that it's left no room for optimism. I already had my fun, and this is something I'm theoretically very interested in, but it's harrowingly easy for them to take an already shaky situation and make it a bridge too far.

emrober5

I'll probably buy this if the updates are worth it. I had an interest at launch but the consensus seemed to be that it had potential but what a buggy unfinished game so I waited...and then it fell off my radar.

I have 5 unopened games at home already though so it certainly won't be at release.

Would love to see the new screens. Had a blast with the original

- amazing dungeons
- fantastic platforming
- robots had awesome functions and personality
- some of the puzzles for collecting orbs felt great
- I didn't find orb hunting a grind at all

Would consider a rebuy if this is a huge change

Gitaroo

Ppl that own the original digitally, may try clicking on pre order but don't confirm orderand see what happen. If they plan on releasing it as free update and replacing the sku you might get an error.

Jawmuncher

Ppl that own the original digitally, may try clicking on pre order but don't confirm orderand see what happen. If they plan on releasing it as free update and replacing the sku you might get an error.

Won't work since the listing is only for the retail disc from what I can tell.

Gestault

For someone coming in fresh, $20 is a good buy-in for this. The dungeon exploration/platforming combined with collection gameplay is excellent. The double-jump + air-dash has a great feel. Jury's still out on whether the ending will feel more complete, because that's the major weak-point as it stands now.

Theorry

20 bucks is a great price if you dont have it yet.
Update should be free for the other people tho. Expecting that also.

Novocaine

Their Twitter says there will be news on the 20th so let's hope they confirm on whether it's a free update or not. I hope it is and I also hope it gets pushed a week early so I can start playing again sooner.

Leonidas

Just saw the GamesCom trailer, looked nice. Beat the game already and am looking forward to the free update.

I wonder if this game will be re-reviewed, here's hoping the content update is as substantial as they say it is.

charpunk

Their Twitter says there will be news on the 20th so let's hope they confirm on whether it's a free update or not. I hope it is and I also hope it gets pushed a week early so I can start playing again sooner.

I’m confused. I thought it was already announced that it is a free update. They said so during the Xbox event yesterday.

EvB

Shannon Loftis confirmed it was free if you already bought Recore

Noobcraft

Excited to finally play the finished game. It will be nice to revisit ReCore (I had lots of fun with it) while I wait for FFXV to be finished.

Excited to do a replay. I really, really loved ReCore, but it should have never released as it did. Needlessly harmed what is at heart a really lovely, fun game.

It was what it was. Not every game needs to be the image of perfection. And I agree with everything you say and still disagree with the hate the title got.

I wish people would have fewer expectations of things because I had a ton of fun with ReCore. Looking over the issue it had the gameplay was pretty fun as was the platforming.

GameCentral (Metro) review just went live. I might have to check this out - skipped ReCore.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/01/recore-definitive-edition-review-bigger-better-faster-6894607/

ReCore: Definitive Edition

In Short: Half the price it originally was, but now twice as good – this third person take on Metroid Prime has been remastered into the game it always should have been.

Pros: Movement and combat controls are excellent, and corebots add variety. Joule is very likeable. Tons of new content, gameplay, and graphical fixes.

Cons: The end game is still problematic and the whole experience needs to be shorter, not longer. Bland art design.

Score: 7/10

Leonidas

Finally got around to playing the DE after conquering issues on Windows Store.

Had a lot of fun playing with T8NK and going back to complete a few more dungeons, thinking I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of this now that there is a bit more content.

Leonidas

The new stuff is a lot of fun but my performance is dropping significantly in some of the new areas, seems like sub 30fps at times(previously the game was a locked 60fps at all times), anyone else experiencing this?

Flagship

Loading time still sucks on Xbox One...So long !

Loading times have been really quick for me so far (however I have it installed on an external HDD) however when I booted up the game and resumed where I left of pre-DE patch, everything worked fine but 45mins in the game crashed.
I haven't booted up since to see if I lost any progress etc but has this occurred for anyone else? I hope it doesn't occur too often, I might have been lucky in this regard but I don't recall having a single game crash on me so far this gen for Xbox or PS4 so i was surprised to see it when I did.
A little disappointing in that I've waited for this patch to arrive in order to have a better experience with the game after it's reception post-launch, but if progress is intact when I go back to it and the rest of the game's okay, then it's acceptable, just curious for others as I've only heard issues regarding the W10 version and not the XB1 version.

Top Bottom