• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Brohan

I'd guess we're going to see a bit of a downtrend, maybe to 35-37k(ish)... and then should shoot up either the release of ACES,Ledger or ARKVM news.

If I was a trader i'd probably sell some now to buy back later but it's a risky move imo.

Yeah not even gonna try XD. But i might buy some more once it has dropped a bit more.

When are those things coming up though? Any of them soon?

pieface

Yeah not even gonna try XD. But i might buy some more once it has dropped a bit more.

When are those things coming up though? Any of them soon?

ACES should be released within the next few days,weeks.

Ledger firmware released on Sept 1st.

News on ARKVM was said to come out in a couple of weeks.

pieface

XRP is doing some bouncing right now, keeps getting to .29, and then drops. It looks like it can't get past .30. If we could even hit $1 would be amazing.

I just can't see it hitting $1.

Dunno what it is about XRP but I just don't like it. Happy to be very wrong for all of you investors tho :D

ty_hot

Last few days were great for me. Started with 250 and after a day getting to 255 it went to to 225-230. Yday it 'skyrocketed' to 310 almost. I know many of you guys had bigger skyrockets haha but yeah, I am glad I am in the plus finally. Shit is super volatile so I dont care if it goes to 300 or 290, I just had a bad feeling when it was below my initial investment.

I am on XRP ETH and XBT by the way, 1/3 on each approximatelly.

Is it normal for a BTC deposit to be pending for nearly 24 hours? Still waiting for my BTC to become usable.

The last few days have been really bad for Bitcoin transactions because Bitcoin Cash is attacking them.

Their plan over the past week as I see it:

1. Pumped the price of BCC right before a big mining difficulty adjustment in their favour
2. With a higher BCC price and an easier mining difficulty, the Bitcoin Cash chain became temporarily more profitable to mine in an attempt to lure miners from the Bitcoin chain
3. As soon as that happened, they spammed the Bitcoin network intentionally slowing it down and causing the hashrate to plummet

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cryptoSqueeze/status/900149746571984898[/tweet]

A couple of days ago the Bitcoin hashrate was ~4300 and the Bitcoin Cash hashrate was ~3700. There was a real chance the BCC hashrate would pass Bitcoin, which I think was the goal of these attacks.

But yesterday Bitcoin Cash hit a new difficulty adjustment, which has slowed them down and made Bitcoin is the more profitable chain to mine again. The Bitcoin hashrate has been increasing over the past day while BCC falls. It's moving back up pretty quickly. Now it's around ~6700 for Bitcoin and only ~1250 for Bitcoin Cash, which is a pretty big turnaround over a short period.

TL;DR, Bitcoin transactions are returning to normal after a coordinated attack.

jamsy

Would today be a good day to buy BNB?

I just purchased 40 just to test that the transaction went through and it seems to have worked fine.

You must have a passport to buy BNB correct?

It doesn't seem like it. I opened up and account without it. If you happen to make a lot of money off of BNB, you might need it since there is a daily limit that would keep you from taking out all of your money if you made a ton via BNB.

AmFreak

It doesn't seem like it. I opened up and account without it. If you happen to make a lot of money off of BNB, you might need it since there is a daily limit that would keep you from taking out all of your money if you made a ton via BNB.
Yes, you can withdraw 2 Bitcoin per day w/o verification iirc.

Brandson

XRP is doing some bouncing right now, keeps getting to .29, and then drops. It looks like it can't get past .30. If we could even hit $1 would be amazing.

XRP being hyped based on the promise of a totally unknown announcement I believe tomorrow around 1:30pm Eastern time. If I held any XRP, which I don't, I would be looking to get out of it before then or immediately thereafter at the latest.

I'm really not a fan of people in charge of a crypto asset trying to hype it by dropping hints of an announcement on a certain date. That almost always ends badly for holders. Better to just announce your news without warning.

XRP being hyped based on the promise of a totally unknown announcement I believe tomorrow around 1:30pm Eastern time. If I held any XRP, which I don't, I would be looking to get out of it before then or immediately thereafter at the latest.

I'm really not a fan of people in charge of a crypto asset trying to hype it by dropping hints of an announcement on a certain date. That almost always ends badly for holders. Better to just announce your news without warning.

Buy the rumor, sell the news

Yes, you can withdraw 2 Bitcoin per day w/o verification iirc.

Thanks for the clarification!

I agree, pre-hype at times ends up turning out to be disappointing and I fear like this could be an announcement about an announcement. Which would be horrible if it is.

Guys, what is your opinion on Stratis?

Look like NEO is stabilizing around 0.01 btc

I think that Stratis is still a good project for long term holders, but if you are one in hopes that it will skyrocket soon it is not the coin for you. When I hopped back on to crypto this year, Eth and Sratis were my first coins. I did sell off my Eth and Stratis into Antshares when it was cheap, which would become NEO. If you are looking for long term play, the Stratis team can really go places with the tech and project that they are trying to accomplish for businesses on the blockchain.

Brandson

Buy the rumor, sell the news

The announcement could range from industry adoption, but not necessarily of public XRP, to a date for a new Ripple conference. The only thing that could justifiably push it higher is if they have convinced some big players to start transacting on the public XRP chain. That would be a big surprise, and also quite unlikely. With crypto, you always have to remember that you're buying a coin to be used for some purpose, not a share in a company. So good news for Ripple the company doesn't necessarily translate to a higher XRP valuation.

Tk0n

ah hell, i burned through alot of money today. around 20% of my portfolio. one bad decision followed the next...

Sony

Nintendo
Got some ARK to see what it'll do. Also got quite some BNB so I can let it cook for the future. Not touching BNB anymore untill I can sell.

Lisk is on the rise, I bought some over the weekend, should of bought more. Will wait for a pullback, but with the soon to be rebranding it could be going higher.

Drifters

Guys, read over the OP and done a lot of reading on Cryptocurrancy and want to get in. Don't have a ton of money to invest but want to get in on some the next up and comers. Where is the best place to buy at an exchange some of the alt coins that look to be moving here in the next month or so?

Guys, read over the OP and done a lot of reading on Cryptocurrancy and want to get in. Don't have a ton of money to invest but want to get in on some the next up and comers. Where is the best place to buy at an exchange some of the alt coins that look to be moving here in the next month or so?

I get my BTC from Coinbase and then transfer to bittrex and buy alts there with it.

Tk0n

Yikes? How? Day trading style of lots and lots of trades? Or what?

Only a few trades. A combination of being an Idiot enter at the wrong time and being greedy and missing the right time to exit ;)

And i was offline during a huge bottemless drop with no sell order set.

Made a bit back with CVC, but im not sure how far the wikihow News will take it.

Drifters

So, this is kind of exciting. Put in my first order for NXT which seemed like the el-cheapo crypto on Bittrex and now I have (I believe) 84 coins for per the $10 bucks of BTC I transferred over. Either way, this is kinda cool to see how this market place works and I'll be keeping tabs on this thread. :)

DonMigs85

So, this is kind of exciting. Put in my first order for NXT which seemed like the el-cheapo crypto on Bittrex and now I have (I believe) 84 coins for per the $10 bucks of BTC I transferred over. Either way, this is kinda cool to see how this market place works and I'll be keeping tabs on this thread. :)

Keep in mind coins with a huge suppy (like a billion or more) are generally less likely to explode in growth, especially in the short term. Shame we missed the first boat on NEO and even Monaco, but the Avalon ICO looks promising.

Dilly

Banned
Keep in mind coins with a huge suppy (like a billion or more) are generally less likely to explode in growth, especially in the short term. Shame we missed the first boat on NEO and even Monaco, but the Avalon ICO looks promising.

Since I only bought on exchanges before.

How do you buy Avalon when it becomes available, by using Ether in the crowdfund?

Sony

Nintendo

First boat? Are you expecting a second?

Sony

Nintendo
Who knows, it could shoot to over a hundred before the end of the year.

Thing is, it's hovering around 39$ now. It it shoots to 100, you'd more than doubled your investment. But due to the high price of the coing, now, for me, I have to put in too much to get a decent return out of it :(

I think I'll get some when it's around 30$.. if it ever get's there. I'll submit a call option on bittrex. I have friends who bought in on Neo when it was 6$, Lucky fucks.

And I've read up a bit on Avalon. What makes it promising?

DonMigs85

Thing is, it's hovering around 39$ now. It it shoots to 100, you'd more than doubled your investment. But due to the high price of the coing, now, for me, I have to put in too much to get a decent return out of it :(

I think I'll get some when it's around 30$.. if it ever get's there. I'll submit a call option on bittrex. I have friends who bought in on Neo when it was 6$, Lucky fucks.

BNB has really strong potential, as long as Binance keeps growing. I think it could easily reach over $20 by next year. Just wish I bought in when it was below a dollar, but ~$2.50 isn't so bad.

Brohan

Wow ARK is really dropping. This hurts me.

IOTA is struggling to keep it's support aswell. Might be time to stop looking for a while before i feel the urge to panic sell.

Tk0n

Wow ARK is really dropping. This hurts me.

yeah, someone just filled all the bids down to 35. its recovering a bit, but volume is too low for a substantial bounce. my guess would be that its going to go a bit deeper with the weekend coming up. but you never know. next pump could be right around the corner. an artificial high volume buy and the game is back on. like the last time.

Brohan

yeah, someone just filled all the bids down to 35. its recovering a bit, but volume is too low for a substantial bounce. my guess would be that its going to go a bit deeper with the weekend coming up. but you never know. next pump could be right around the corner. an artificial high volume buy and the game is back on. like the last time.

Weird to dump such a huge amount right now.. would have expected it at higher levels.

Sony

Nintendo
BNB Decline is really hurting me .. Concidering trading my ARK for the low BNB as BNB will probably go up faster than ARK will go down, and then retrade BNB for ARK .

I feel like:

54ffe5266025c-dog1.jpg

Top Bottom