• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are some 2000's pop stars no one talks about anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
*When I say pop, I mean popular in general (rap, rock, pop, country, etc)

For example, anyone remember P!nk? Let's Get It Started was on everywhere, every damn day for years. Now I can't even remember the last time I heard it get played anywhere.

Same for Sean Kingston. Dude was everywhere in 2008, now he's famous these days for getting punked out by other rappers on IG.

Nepenthe

For example, anyone remember P!nk? Let's Get It Started was on everywhere, every damn day for years. Now I can't even remember the last time I heard it get played anywhere.

P!nk just did Alice Through the Looking Glass's theme "Just Like Fire," and that shit got super overplayed on pop and alternative stations.

As for my pick, Christina Aguilera. I know she's still on that idol show or whatnot, but where her music career at?

RedStep

Huh? Her last album (in 2012) opened at #1 in the US and went double platinum (and had several hit singles). She's done some other singles since thing (you have to have heard Just Like Fire, it plays everywhere) have done fine as well. Definitely not a case of being lost in 2001 for that one. Just hasn't released another album since.

I cheated a bit and started looking up Billboard 100 stuff on Wikipedia and saw Nelly Furtado and like, she put out an album THIS year??

Edit: Damn it, Scooter!

4SKN0szl.jpg

Remember when Dido was so popular they named an hairstyle after her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom