• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are some 2000's pop stars no one talks about anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa201674

Banned
Beyonce's backup dancers/singers when Beyonce was called "Destiny's Child".

Akon - The Not-Chris Brown and Not-Neyo of the mid to late 00s.

Mya
Ciara
Fat Joe

Soul Decision

Do they count? I cant remember how big they were, but damn were they catchy. They were actually kinda good. Not so much a boy band like I thought they were.

Ooh It's Kind Of Crazy

faded

The lead singer (Trevor Guthrie) actually made a comeback a few years ago! I don't think they made a game-changing splash or anything but he has a few singles out. Good for him after all this time.

Feist

Poor woman made an iPod commercial and the world hasn't heard from her since.

She actually has a new album out this month. But yeah, it'd been a while.

TheVBkid

Banned
Also sandi thom who sang that song "wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair". Fuck me that was some dark times.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Chuckling at the handful of people in here making it sound like Mandy Moore is just scraping by these days with her voice-over checks.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Gareth Gates.
Craig David.

Those are the two that immediately came to mind.

What ever happened to Chamillionaire? Werid Al made a Parody of his song and he just vanished.
He's actually made many wise investments and is now richer than ever. Go watch Todd in the Shadows' episode about him.

Bishop89

I'd like to hear what criteria everyone is using because a lot of these names being thrown around are still fairly popular....

4Pc7lenl.jpg

Natasha Bedingfield

Kibbles

Aaron Carter
Beyonce's backup dancers/singers when Beyonce was called "Destiny's Child".

Akon - The Not-Chris Brown and Not-Neyo of the mid to late 00s.

Mya
Ciara
Fat Joe
I heard Fat Joe was performing at a strip club like last year and was blown away, I literally thought he had died.

I still hear that Dynamite (Taio Cruz) song all the damn time, kinda blows my mind how it still gets regular play. (up: hm thought it was older than 09)

Daddy Yankee
Baby Bash
Pretty Ricky
Sean Paul
Usher

Not so sure about him.

That fucking Shaky Shaky song is played everywhere (granted, I'm in Puerto Rico), and the music video that came out last year has like 960 million views. Plus that album that's eventually coming out this year.

I guess you might be right in the States.

The only reason I still think of Chris Daughtry is because of the guy on here who has him as his avatar.

He was still going strong until his last album. It was pretty much a straight pop album with very little guitars and lots of programmed beats. It didn't go well. He and the band are working on a new album that will supposedly bring back the rock part of pop rock.

Smash mouth?

Edit: ah pop stars

They played a fair around me last year. The lead singer got taken away in an ambulance part way through the show. Never heard anything about it in the news or anything. Shows how much their star power has faded when no one reports on such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom