• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A pair of double-waisted jeans costs $695

Heroman

Banned
These look disastrous, what if you really have to go the bathroom but don't have time to unbuckle two pairs of pants? Then you've got $700 jeans that smell like shit, although I'd bet that only makes them more valuable in some circles.
Huh?

I work high end retail, so I see crazy shit all the time. My brand's direction this season plays with the idea of layering clothing and creating the illusion of hastily draped outerwear. These pants are almost there but the execution is awful.

Do you really think anyone on gaf owns a pair of $700 jeans

I do. Multiple in fact. But to be fair, my company gives them to me for free. The jeans I'm wearing right now are $600.

wfOK7BV.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
1. Why the fuck would anyone want to wear that? Looks ridiculously stupid.
2. Ridiculous price.
3. Why the fuck would anyone want to wear that?

Not jeans, but I have $200 hiking tights. Not $700, but they're the most expensive piece of clothing I currently own.

Edit: as long as they look great and are functional, I'd definitely pay $700 for a pair of pants. The pants in the OP are definitely something I wouldn't waste any money one.

inner-G

Banned
Finally!

Always have keys, wallet, weed, cigs, lighters, phone, change and some other shit and cargo pants just don't have enough pouches

pa22word

"unwashed masses get angry at expensive clothes" is definitely my fave genre of outrage
It's only going to get worse as the middle erodes and income stratification gets more severe.

I'm reminded of the people in sanfran who were assaulted for wearing a pair of Google glasses due to gentrification anxiety, and honestly kind of worried that that type of class warfare is going to become more and more common as class consciousness starts becoming more and more a driving factor in political activism and violence in the coming years as automation starts reshaping large swaths of the economy wholesale. Especially in countries like the US that are ideologically antithetical to social welfare and has more guns than people do I see the violence becoming potentially most severe.

Yup. Have you seen the stuff that's posted in the Men's Fashion thread? It's all expensive as hell. $700 dollar jeans? Maybe that's stretching it, but I'm willing to bet some have come pretty close. I was out of there clutching my wallet for dear life after about 5 minutes. Lol.

Yup. Have you seen the stuff that's posted in the Men's Fashion thread? It's all expensive as hell. $700 dollar jeans? Maybe that's stretching it, but I'm willing to bet some have come pretty close. I was out of there clutching my wallet for dear life after about 5 minutes. Lol.
No and itll probably stay that way

norm9

This is soooo early 90s when kids would wear a pair of bigger jeans and let them sag over another pair of jeans.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
1000$ plain white tshirts can be found on ssense.

Syriel

For some reason this was on our local news last night. I'm 28 and have never gone with the "hip" new fashion trends. I'm a t-shirt and jeans or shorts type of guy. I usually just ignore this stuff because I don't care but I just thought this was crazy. Who spends this much on one pair of jeans? Ugly jeans (my opinion) at that. Why so much? I just don't get it. And I thought paying $70 for jeans with holes in them was outrageous.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/19/double-jeans/

Does anybody here own a pair? Are they worth $695?

Yeah, yeah, oldmanyellsatcloud.gif. I still think it's crazy.

Old lady jeans.

Not hip unless you're an elderly grandma.

Alrus

Even ignoring the gimmicky concept, those jeans are just ugly, are ill-fitting close really that fashionable?

Well there was this dude who owned that ridiculously expensive regular cellphone that had valet service included and was gold plated or something so I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom