• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 $249 Dec 17-24

Unknown?

DRGeIgrVwAEVCQf.jpg

Amazon is already selling the BF2 PS4 for $249 and we already know from ad leaks that other retailers will sell the Battlefront 2 bundle for $249 next week too so I guess this is "slim" price cut.

eme

I know it’s odd, but I think that $199 sweet spot will do them a lot of favors. $249 and I’m back in “I can wait” mode

Leonidas

That was Black Friday week only. Arguably the $249 BF2 bundle is a better deal depending on if you have an interest in that game.

The $199 BF deal was still better(especially at GameStop where they gave away $50 GC with PS4 purchase). BF2 is only $39.99 this week at Wal-Mart and GameStop.

Unknown?

The $199 BF deal was still better(especially at GameStop where they gave away $50 GC with PS4 purchase). BF2 is only $39.99 this week at Wal-Mart and GameStop.
Even at $40 it’s only a bit less of a value than most retailers on Black Friday except the ones giving out extras. So it’s still going to sell a lot.

DRGeIgrVwAEVCQf.jpg

Amazon is already selling the BF2 PS4 for $249 and we already know from ad leaks that other retailers will sell the Battlefront 2 bundle for $249 next week too so I guess this is "slim" price cut.

That was Black Friday week only. Arguably the $249 BF2 bundle is a better deal depending on if you have an interest in that game.

Even at $40 it’s only a bit less of a value than most retailers on Black Friday except the ones giving out extras. So it’s still going to sell a lot.

Why are you working so hard to sell this to us? 🤔

Toni

I don't see them wining December with that price. They really should have brought back the $199 seeing how it exploded for them.

I don't see them wining December with that price. They really should have brought back the $199 seeing how it exploded for them.

They can easily win because of mindshare (Timmy wants a PS4 because his friends have one, etc.), though. It's a snowball effect and the same thing happened last gen with X360. I do agree 199 is the sweet spot, though.

You wouldn't give a shit if this was an Xbox deal.

Please take your crappy projecting elsewhere, thanks. I've never even seen an equivalent Xbox thread for you to make a comparison about.

JaxBriggs

I've never even seen an equivalent Xbox thread for you to make a comparison about.

Just now there is a "free PUBG with every 1X sold" thread and your reaction was quite different over there.

If you're not interested in the PS4 deal then that's cool, but the rest of us don't need your salty drive-by shit posting.

Just now there is a "free PUBG with every 1X sold" thread and your reaction was quite different over there.

If you're not interested in the PS4 deal then that's cool, but the rest of us don't need your salty drive-by shit posting.

You're projecting extremely hard here and it's hilarious how oblivious you are about that, but I'll bite. I enjoy dismantling bullshit.

So, these posts that precede my post (literally right above my post btw) are not shitposting:

So the $249 bundle is a better deal for basically nobody.

They have to get rid of the BF2 bundle somehow.

Robbery. $199 is officially what the PS4 slim is worth.

But my post is? Sounds like you have an agenda. And my reaction in the other PUBG thread that's talking about a FREE gift, saying "nice, but how is it sent?" literally has no correlation here, so not sure why you bring it up. Then again, seeing that your recent posts are talking about Microsoft not helping matters by promoting PUBG, I guess you have a bone to pick or something.

labaronx

To be fair these $249 bundles are going to ve the common theme for the first half of 2018

I fully expect at least gow, rdr2, and spiderman to all debut at these prices unless they are limited edition or pro consoles, $199 post e3

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Can we all please just try and stay on topic here.

If there are issues with particular posts then please let the moderation team know so that we can deal with it rather than you responding to them with personal comments, that way we can get the thread back on topic with as little fuss as possible.

Thank you.

JP

I have asked in another thread but I honestly don't know if anybody really knows the answer, do we have any idea at what price Sony would stop making a profit on the PS4 at the current production cost?

I have asked in another thread but I honestly don't know if anybody really knows the answer, do we have any idea at what price Sony would stop making a profit on the PS4 at the current production cost?

I haven't seen a cost breakdown lately but judging solely one how it's manufactured, economies of scale, and ready availability of components their slim model should cost around ≈$165 to produce package and ship.

JP

I haven't seen a cost breakdown lately but judging solely one how it's manufactured, economies of scale, and ready availability of components their slim model should cost around ≈$165 to produce package and ship.
Thanks for that, I was thinking about that sort of amount but I didn't have anything to base it on.

emm_vee

Neo Member

I assume that Sony's efforts to advertise the PS4 at $199 meant that they felt comfortable with that price. So comfortable because they're probably still making a profit off that price. I'd say Logic Spoon is in the right.

JaxBriggs

If there are issues with particular posts then please let the moderation team know so that we can deal with it rather than you responding to them with personal comments, that way we can get the thread back on topic with as little fuss as possible.

Fair enough request. I know I shouldn't bite but I get frustrated when I see the same thing over and over. I'll keep my mouth shut next time instead of getting involved.

I assume that Sony's efforts to advertise the PS4 at $199 meant that they felt comfortable with that price. So comfortable because they're probably still making a profit off that price. I'd say Logic Spoon is in the right.

Yeah I don't know for sure, but I doubt Sony would be losing money at $199, but probably only just. I figure they're happy to drop the margins on the hardware sales if it means a few million extra people possibly buying software on their platform.

Copper

Got the BFII bundle today at gamestop. I don't think very many know about this deal even the cashier seemed surprised. Traded it in to Best Buy and got $25 for BFII

The $199 BF deal was still better(especially at GameStop where they gave away $50 GC with PS4 purchase).

What?! I totally bought mine from Gamestop during the BF deal and they never said shit about a free gift card. They just gave me my PS4 and sent me on my way.

TLZ

Banned
You're projecting extremely hard here and it's hilarious how oblivious you are about that, but I'll bite. I enjoy dismantling bullshit.

So, these posts that precede my post (literally right above my post btw) are not shitposting:

But my post is? Sounds like you have an agenda. And my reaction in the other PUBG thread that's talking about a FREE gift, saying "nice, but how is it sent?" literally has no correlation here, so not sure why you bring it up. Then again, seeing that your recent posts are talking about Microsoft not helping matters by promoting PUBG, I guess you have a bone to pick or something.

Thank God you're banned. About time.

RootCause

Nooice!
Already have one, so not jumping in.
Would be nice to see the Pro get some price reductions. I'd like to get one next year for Spider-Man, and the rest of the lineup.

If this were the Pro, I'd bite.

But $249 vs. $189? Dang, I know Sony's electronic entertainment division has to carry the company in a financial sense, but this is ridiculous. The Slim should be $199, straight up.

Top Bottom