• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC 2 |OT| Let's all play touch butt

N° 2048

U7c7fp1.jpg

gN74tx2.jpg

Developer: EA Canada
Publisher: EA Sports
Release Date: March 15th, 2016
Available On: PS4, XBOX ONE

What is this a fighting game or something?
EA Sports UFC 2 is the official game of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, a MMA organization that began in the early 90's as a BJJ infomercial. Motherfucker.

What's the Trophy/Achievements list?
PS4: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/ea-sports-ufc-2/trophies/
XBOX ONE: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ea-sports-ufc-2/achievements/

With the pre-order bonuses of Sakuraba, Bas Rutten and Mike Tyson do you need to have actually pre-ordered or do codes just come with all new copies of the game?
You can unlock them by achieving Legend Status in Career.

What is the OT title referencing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLVjUeoZ2d8
https://youtu.be/5Qq6mMVR1ng?t=52m9s

Ok so how do I play or whatever?
Controls:
PS4:

XO:

Features:

Knockout Physics System
A revolutionary new physics-driven hit reaction and knockout system delivers more visceral, more rewarding, and more authentic KOs than ever before. Every knockout is now unique, and finishing the fight has never been more satisfying.

Dynamic Grappling
For the first time in any MMA game, experience the freedom of independent fighter control in every grappling situation. Simultaneous two-fighter interaction brings the ground game to life with greater responsiveness and variety.

Next-Level Submissions
Surprise your opponent with a flying armbar from the clinch, or with a quick transition from a knee bar to a heel hook. The addition of standing submissions and submission chaining takes UFC 2’s grappling game to the next level.

Ultimate Defense
You can’t hurt what you can’t hit. Greater control over your fighter’s head movement lets you to slip and dodge incoming strikes with amazing fluidity. Add an improved blocking and parrying system to the mix and you have new tools to fend off your opponent’s most devastating attacks.

Modes:

UFC Ultimate Team
For the first time in an MMA title, EA SPORTS’ popular “Ultimate Team” mode is coming to EA SPORTS UFC 2. Create. Compete. Collect. Customize.

Create your team of up to five fighters in different weight classes using EA SPORTS UFC 2's deep customization options.
Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn coins.
Collect coins to buy packs which deliver special items used to boost fighter performance.
Customize your fighters with items from packs which improve or change moves, attributes and perks – all of which work together to sculpt your team members into the most explosive in the UFC.

Career Mode Depth & Authenticity
Whether your goal is to be the top fighter on the planet, or the first female fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, you control your career. The all-new Training Camp system makes preparing for each fight a balancing act between developing your fighter’s abilities and risking an injury. Throughout your journey encounter career-defining moments that will deliver a heightened atmosphere and put more at stake inside the Octagon.

KO Mode:
Throw away the grappling and unleash all the punches, kicks, knees and elbows in this fast-paced mode. The rules are simple…the fight doesn’t stop until someone gets starched!

Custom Event Creator
Become an event organizer and create the dream fight card you’ve always wanted. Choose from iconic venues, authentic referees, and custom fight settings. Once that’s all set, take control and bring the hype.

Live Events
Predict. Play. Win. Make your pick in the outcome of upcoming UFC events, then step into the EA SPORTS UFC 2 Octagon to make it happen. Win in-game rewards and propel yourself up the leaderboard of our immersive fantasy prediction game.

Create a Fighter
Character customization goes even deeper with robust facial sculpting, tattoo customization, and the ability to create female fighters. EA SPORTS GameFace returns, allowing you to put yourself in the game.

Online Championships
Our Title Chase mode lets you test your skills against others from around the world for the shot at becoming a champion. Online features a division progression system to make sure you’re always facing off against a suitable opponent.

Skill Challenges
UFC 2 offers twelve new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.

Tips and tricks:

Official videos:
https://www.easports.com/ufc/tips-and-tricks#

EA Sports UFC 2 - Dynamic Grappling Breakdown:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10394042.page

Any posts/topics by "GameplayDevUFC" are going to help you TONS. Stalk him here:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/recentTopics/showTopicsByUser/9164910.page

Bonus Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HcLRoQn3nU

dreamfall

The greatest OT title ever. Anik got that 209 tattoo! Ready for some amazing matches, went in on the PS4. Starting to understand the grappling game way better!

N° 2048

<3 you guys

added more info to the OT, going to smoke a J and walk the dog. let me know if I should add anything :) (never made an OT before).

DKehoe

With the pre-order bonuses of Sakuraba, Bas Rutten and Mike Tyson do you need to have actually pre-ordered or do codes just come with all new copies of the game?

N° 2048

Blood is mostly the same.

Nice OT, it made me laugh. Haha.

bloodsport+-+ray+jackson+-+thumbs+up+2.JPG

For those with the Deluxe Edition wondering about their first two packs which were supposed to be in our in-game inboxes yesterday, Yari from EA forums posted an update.

It's a known issue, I hope to have more info about it later today.
Hopefully today we get em.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For those with the Deluxe Edition wondering about their first two packs which were supposed to be in our in-game inboxes yesterday, Yari from EA forums posted an update.

Hopefully today we get em.
Lol I was right about to ask if anyone else didn't get them. Thanks.

N° 2048

Patch 1.03 is out. Downloading now but apparently the change log just says

-Gameplay fixes

edit: yep all it says. on PS4.

edit2: GameplayDevUFC wrote:
Wow, that came faster than expected.

Should have GnP hit stun fix and infinite arm trap fix, assuming it's the patch I finished working on before I left for gdc. I thought it might drop later this week, didn't expect today.

You would get a Hut stun even if you blocked, and it would grow as your block broke down.

But it caused you to be locked out of doing anything way too soon, making mount in particular very frustrating due to timing of the strikes vs the hit stun.

With the fix, the hit stun will only apply on unblocked strikes

Lucifon

My characters on ultimate team all seem significantly more sluggish than other players online. They tire quicker and it feels like there's nothing I can do to win often. What am I missing...

Pachimari

Man, I would have instantly bought this if it wasn't full $60 price. Don't have that kind of money for this. But the game looks so sick!

Mbrill82

Really enjoying this game. I didn't play the first one or any other MMA game, I'm actually not a fan of sports games at all really. But over the last year I've become interested in the sport of MMA mostly through listening to Joe Rogan's podcast and hearing him and his guests talk about it and then looking stuff up on Youtube. After seeing a few videos of UFC 2 online I knew I had to have it.
I'm on PS4 and my PSN id is in my profile, PLEASE ADD ME!

N° 2048

Anyone know what to do for those blue icons that show up in the Grapple Assist HUD? Happens when my opponent tries to reverse my transition, I know there's a way to stop his reversal with that blue thingy.

This what the EA Forums say:

As soon as you input a transition the opponent has a chance to reverse.

You know you are being threatened with a reverse when your meter lights up blue I believe. However, if you finish your transition (even if your meter is lighting up blue) with a perfect swoop it will negate the reversal.

edit: ok I get it now

Lucifon

In Ultimate Team can perks be upgraded if they're the same perk or does it overwrite them? The game is pretty bad at explaining it.

Top Bottom