• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC 2 |OT| Let's all play touch butt

Disktrasa

Banned
I still play the first one, love it, but damn, this one is badass xD

I just bought Division and have Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 preordered, but it feels like i dont need any new game this year, and boy, the K.O mode, its INSANE, gonna be some crazy nights with my friends with the new mode, i think its awsome that ea put that mode in the game.

When you need a break from the simulation, that mode is perfect, and the game looks incredible.

I am very pleased with the few hours i have got with the game so far :)

Sorry if ma english suck, i am a Viking just like Gus =p

N° 2048

The straight to clinch and knee tactic needs nerfing. Everyone online is starting to do it.

Yep, just remember use R2 (RT on XO) to defend knees (head or body) in clinch.
R1 (RB on XO) to defend punches to the head in clinch.

Also the St. Patricks day packs are up 7777 coins each.

CQTmJ0i.jpg

Who needs luck when you got moves like these?

This pack contains 10 Move items. Guaranteed four items of Level 3 or higher.

Any Fighter Showcase items found in this pack will feature an Irish Fighter.

Lucifon

When you try to transition out you can't defend though right? So they just catch you then.

I'm really struggling in UT as soon as I go up to division 2. It's like they all have a tonne more moves and stats and I'm stuck with a couple of custom moves and some basic stat boosts. I end up going on a losing streak then getting relegated.

N° 2048

When you try to transition out you can't defend though right? So they just catch you then.

I'm really struggling in UT as soon as I go up to division 2. It's like they all have a tonne more moves and stats and I'm stuck with a couple of custom moves and some basic stat boosts. I end up going on a losing streak then getting relegated.

Yea, having that issue too where I block a strike in the clinch, try to transition but it takes so long and they catch me during the transition :/ cycle repeats.
Sometimes the transitions are fast, sometimes slow. I know it depends on a lot of things but yea wonder what'll get patched, if anything.

I'm also finding myself winning fights hard two rounds in only to get knocked out in one or two shots -.-

Lucifon

Yea, having that issue too where I block a strike in the clinch, try to transition but it takes so long and they catch me during the transition :/ cycle repeats.
Sometimes the transitions are fast, sometimes slow. I know it depends on a lot of things but yea wonder what'll get patched, if anything.

I'm also finding myself winning fights hard two rounds in only to get knocked out in one or two shots -.-

Exact same here! The transition between div1 to 2 seems crazy. Relegated and won 2 fights in a row no problem. Previously I was on a 4 loss streak in division 2. It's like div2+ is full of those who've put money into Ultimate Team at the moment.

Any news of the deluxe edition packs?

I didn't even plan to check out ultimate team but I probably should since I played $60. I'll probably mess around with it this weekend.

N° 2048

I didn't even plan to check out ultimate team but I probably should since I played $60. I'll probably mess around with it this weekend.

It's great, I'm so happy there is a full Single Player Ultimate Team mode too. I don't know if this is standard in other EA sports games but it's SO nice to be able to get coins actively but take a break from online play.

It's great, I'm so happy there is a full Single Player Ultimate Team mode too. I don't know if this is standard in other EA sports games but it's SO nice to be able to get coins actively but take a break from online play.

Oh wow. I'll definitely make sure to check it since it has single player. I had no idea.

It might not be a big deal to others, but i'm glad when you play online they have the proper fighters in their weight classes. I was annoyed when lightweight and welterweight, middleweight and light heavyweight etc.were lumped together. It is annoying having Jon Jones in heavyweight though.

The straight to clinch and knee tactic needs nerfing. Everyone online is starting to do it.

It hardly works anymore on PS4. I can still get a few KOs by mixing punches and knees to keep my opponent off balance. My problem is I'm always getting beat when I try to stand and bang. Even if I land 2 uppercuts clean my opponent will just spam punches and somehow win the exchange. And don't get me started on blocking ground transitions. Shit barely ever works for me.

I don't think it's that bad. Most of the time it's done they go straight to the head. So all you have to do is block once or maybe twice and transition out of it. I did get some wins doing that yesterday but people are seeming to wise up to it now because i'm having almost everyone block and transition out of it.

GravyButt

Digging the game but man how come I suck so hard at parrying. Didn't play to much of the first so I never really got the mechanics down.

Also, does the AI just not lose stamina or something wtf?!

N° 2048

Why is it that only in Ultimate Team can I not land a strike when I posture up?

ahhh still fun but holding off on online too much right now until a patch. some of the animation breaking is so glitchy and wonky.

Didn't get anything of value for my female fighter from that pack :\

Gotta say, played 5 fights in UT earlier. Every single fighter was the max height with a 4" reach advantage on me. It's almost impossible to score any victory with a 66 overall while every one towers over you.

I'm only a little salty. Should've made my girl 5'9, too.

Played several games with stan_marsh. He's annoying to play with lol..I mean that in a good way. We had some good matches. Made me have to work on my ground game constantly. I still need lots of work on it. It was fun playing you.

N° 2048

Played several games with stan_marsh. He's annoying to play with lol..I mean that in a good way. We had some good matches. Made me have to work on my ground game constantly. I still need lots of work on it. It was fun playing you.

Good times man. I'll be on tomorrow as well, getting in some practice now with the CPU then getting some sleep.

You're stand up is way ahead of mine, great stuff mixing it up. I need a lot of work on the ground, especially transition defense.

You had me screaming at the screen a few times too, MMA and frustration go hand and hand eh :p

stoebz

Neo Member
That's what 30fps does :( Undisputed is still the king cos 60fps.

Not a huge difference in a game like this, and my PS4 doesn't get framerate issues with UFC 2, it stays a steady 30fps for me.

Add me for some matches, people: On PS4 I'm: sachikoic

JodokusK

EA still can't beat THQ/Yukes, even though it's quite an improvement over the previous game.

I just can't stand some of the career bullshit, like not being able to train the physical aspects of your fighter directly; instead it depends on how well your skill-training goes, which you can crank up to gain more points... at the risk of losing permanent physical stat points. So you're constantly battling RNG trying to get the stats you want, trying to not lose those same stats.

Can't be bothered to save scum, but that would be the best way to build the ultimate fighter. Yay.

Altairre

Just bought this. Don't really know much about UFC, more of a wrestling guy myself but since wrestling games are terrible and what I've seen of this game looks quite enjoyable I decided to give it a shot.

N° 2048

How is this compared to the first one? Is the ground game better? How's gameface this time around?

Ground game is different but similar if that makes any sense, it takes getting used to but it's great as each fighter now has independent transitions so it feels much riskier.

My game face sucked but the lighting was also shit on my pic :p I've seen ace ones though

Just bought this. Don't really know much about UFC, more of a wrestling guy myself but since wrestling games are terrible and what I've seen of this game looks quite enjoyable I decided to give it a shot.

As a wrestling fan myself I can safely say that you will enjoy this. It'll also make you a little sad that wrestling games aren't similar to this.

Just be patient. Especially when playing online.

Altairre

As a wrestling fan myself I can safely say that you will enjoy this. It'll also make you a little sad that wrestling games aren't similar to this.

Just be patient. Especially when playing online.

Unfortunately I doubt this will change as long as Yukes is in charge. As far as online goes maybe I'll dip my toes into it but I'm more in it for the single player. Just the career mode or playing a couple of matches at the end of the day, that's kind of all I want out of it.

After some time with the game, my biggest issue is still the ground game. UFC 3 is still king. The submission system is too long and a pain in the ass. UFC 3 was perfect. My BIGGEST issue is that when my character is rocked and falls down, there is no way you can block hammering fists. Like WTF. Its like I get knocked down just to get TKO'd. In UFC 3 you can even dodge punches from the bottom. This needs to get patched ASAP. In EA UFC 1 you were able to block on the ground.

Another complaint is the move sets. I doubt anybody on the dev team has even watched a fight. Almost every character feels the same again. Chuck Liddell should not have ninja moves.

I do however like some of the unique fighter animations like Machida and Shoguns hand motions.

VoxPop

After some time with the game, my biggest issue is still the ground game. UFC 3 is still king. The submission system is too long and a pain in the ass. UFC 3 was perfect. My BIGGEST issue is that when my character is rocked and falls down, there is no way you can block hammering fists. Like WTF. Its like I get knocked down just to get TKO'd. In UFC 3 you can even dodge punches from the bottom. This needs to get patched ASAP. In EA UFC 1 you were able to block on the ground.

Another complaint is the move sets. I doubt anybody on the dev team has even watched a fight. Almost every character feels the same again. Chuck Liddell should not have ninja moves.

I do however like some of the unique fighter animations like Machida and Shoguns hand motions.

I have this exact problem. I have no idea how to recover or block once you're rocked and your opponent is raining down punches on you and it almost always ends up with them winning despite me dominating the fight.

Ground transition reversals and blocking the takedown once it's initiated is still giving me problems as well.

Yeah it's kinda stupid that everyone has spin kicks and showtime kicks just like the first one.

Overall it's still a lot better than the first one but it'll take some time to get used to.

Top Bottom