• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Born From Ashes Trailer

Man, graphics are a really mixed bag. I remember this game looking jaw dropping when it was first revealed. Not the case anymore.

low-G

Trailer seems to exclusively show the worst bits of the game. Facial animation is non existent, voice acting is bad to ok, and story seems very weak too...

But if they can realize a living open world, it'll be very interesting.

Lunaray

Oh wow, I backed this game on Kickstarter ages ago. Played the alpha and the beta a bit and forgot all about it. I remember the graphics being quite nice, but combat was janky and not fun. I think For Honor beat it to the market with a better combat system.

I still expect it to release with incredible amounts of jank, but it's about what I expected when I backed it.

I cringed a little.

Isn't this game supposed to use first person perspective?? I find it a little bit weird to see the cutscenes in 3rd person.

Dec

Aside from the voice acting that all looks quite interesting. I kind of assumed from years of seeing it in screenshot threads that there wasn't much game there, but maybe I'll have to check out more of it.

AerialAir

Banned
From what I've seen of the E3 build, some fundamental aspects of the game such as combat and the user interface need a lot of work if this wants to ever succeed, showing another trailer full of third-person cutscenes isn't very promising.

Reckheim

Really excited for this, not really sure why they are going with the story/cutscene angle with the trailers tho; definitely not the strongest part of the game.

Exentryk

Facial animation is bad in a bunch of scenes. The emotion of the scene and the blank face/animation really takes you out of the experience. Oh and the voice acting seemed quite poor in some parts.

Dadasch

I don't care that much about facial animations or graphics in a Low-Budget Game. It's serviceable in my book and that's all I expect out of it. They worked a long time on this game; there's no need to "polish" some more so just get it out already.

sublimit

Banned
I don't care that much about facial animations or graphics in a Low-Budget Game. It's serviceable in my book and that's all I expect out of it. They worked a long time on this game; there's no need to "polish" some more so just get it out already.

Only it isn't priced as a "low budget game".

Dadasch

Only it isn't priced as a "low budget game".
Well, a lot of Low-Budget games are actually pretty pricey and I personally don't have such an expectation, because I don't necessarily see a correlation between price and budget, as I don't see a correlation between price and length or length and fun. It's just a very subjective matter.
I see a game, which is developed with a lower Budget, hence my lowered expectations in animation and graphics.

mnannola

The thing that really interested me about this game was the complex AI and AI routines that they were building into it. Is that still the case, or did they end up scaling that back?

Humdinger

I'm glad they showed us a little of the characters and story. That helps to hook me into the game (vs. just scenes of combat).

Looks worth trying. I don't expect perfection. It should be a unique role-playing experience, given the level of realism.

Drake

The animation looks pretty good. I remember seeing pre-alpha footage back in 2016 and was concerned about this game, but they've made HUGE improvements. They need to fix the lip syncing though. It's not even remotely convincing. They still have like 6 months to release though. All in all, I'm excited.

dreamfall

This is right up there with my most anticipated releases of next year. I like the main character's voice acting, but it did look a bit flat. Doesn't bother me much, I hope this is brilliant!

120v

i'm perfectly fine with this not looking great for the sake of it not running like a total mess. which, weighing out the factors, is a high possibility.

though i am kind of offput with the direction recent trailers have shown. was under the impression the game was more of an elder scrollsy type experience rather than cutscenes and the like

DrSlek

Facial animation is bad in a bunch of scenes. The emotion of the scene and the blank face/animation really takes you out of the experience. Oh and the voice acting seemed quite poor in some parts.

Im surprised by this, because they have people like Brian Blessed voicing some of the characters.

I don't have anything else to say, really. The game is an exciting thing that I want to play, but those facial animations are so bad. Still there is time.

Artdayne

I'm really excited about this even if the voice acting made me laugh out loud at points. I love the armor designs in this game, so good. The combat looked really in depth from what I saw as well. Hopefully this turns out to be a good game.

Top Bottom