• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man Homecoming poster

SpaceWolf

Banned
The devolution of the Spidey poster:

2004:

rhlzd5J.jpg

2014:

QW7s6dc.jpg

2017:

rBV2rYn.jpg

2021:

8MaCz1a.jpg

That's an early 2000's poster. It's bad, really bad; so bad that it's actually just bad.

Edit: referring to Homecoming's poster.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sony PIctures absolutely desperate for that Iron Man Money. Too cringey to watch at this point.

Wait, we don't know that Zendaya is MJ? I thought that was confirmed.
Zendaya and the people from the film keep saying she is not Mary Jane, instead that her character is someone else named Michelle. If she is Mary Jane I wish they would just confirm it and stop this "we want to make it some shocking reveal" thing. If everyone already thinks she is Mary Jane, what's the point of hiding it until the movie releases.

Baleoce

The lighting though.. looks like the product of someone who took a 1 week photoshop course.

EDIT - But surely it has to be fake, as it doesn't feature Laura Harrier in it.. and she's one of the primary characters.

Baleoce

What is the source for this poster? It seems very odd that it's a cast ensemble poster and it doesn't even have Laura Harrier in it.
and looks like complete garbo

Theecliff

Banned
It was a nod to ASM #121.

ok that would have been cool if the execution of the poster wasn't so terrible. it looks shit in comparison to that cover - completely barren and the speech bubbles look really poorly implemented. looks like someone threw it together in photoshop in about 15 minutes.

as for this new homecoming poster? yeah, looks pretty terrible lol. the other one they've released at the same time of just spider-man, the vulture and ironman looks a lot better.

Boem

Am I misreading the poster or does this film actually have 6 writers?

Most of these types of movies end up with a rather large pool of writers. Often one or two will be credited as main writers, with the others as contributing writers for later iterations of the scripts. It's not unusual.

opricnik

Banned
Most of these types of movies end up with a rather large pool of writers. Often one or two will be credited as main writers, with the others as contributing writers for later iterations of the scripts. It's not unusual.

that usually leds up films to be shit.

one writer should write story not group.

see : Guardians

Boem

that usually leds up films to be shit.

one writer should write story not group.

see : Guardians

Guardians was written by James Gunn and Nicole Perlman.

Not that I don't agree with the you - I prefer author driven movies as well. But it's not surprising for big summer blockbusters.

Top Bottom