• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Fan Made PC Port Released, Weighing In at 256GB

My good fellow, for all we know, the modders who worked on the leaked PC port and took it to some state of completion could be a completely different set of people from the hackers who actually hacked and leaked the Insomniac data including the incomplete PC build.

If you're calling for people to be imprisoned from the comfort of your couch and keyboard, atleast make sure you are talking about the right set of people. The hackers who attacked Insomniac and leaked personal info of Insomniac employees do indeed deserve harsh justice.

However, the modders who worked on this without the right set of tools and Insomniac's knowledge and experience have still managed something noteworthy.
Oh, I'm talking about both the hackers and the modders who released this stolen goods publicly, obviously.

They had no right to even touch this code or release whatever work they did on it.

BlackTron

Spider-Man 2 PC Port: $4.6 million

1PTNJUM.gif

willothedog

Right. Forbidden West PC port is coming a little more than 2 years after the PS5 release. We should expect something similar for God of War Ragnarok (late 2024 or early 2025) and Spider-Man 2 (Late 2025 or early 2026).

This mod-magic PC port is great as an achievement and a testament to what independent modders are capable of, but i it will likely still be full of glitches and i doubt it will trouble Sony.

the PC is getting the 'complete edition' which includes 'burning shores', that was only released on PS a few months ago :lollipop_confused:

lol this is hilarious we can play this game 2 years before it comes out. Sony should have just paid the ransom, fuck them anyways, hate these pc ports.

Toots

Gold Member
Oh, I'm talking about both the hackers and the modders who released this stolen goods publicly, obviously.

They had no right to even touch this code or release whatever work they did on it.
Calm down pirates won't buy the game anyway so why not letting them play for free ?
You can support devs all you want by buying it yourself.
Stop wishing incarceration on people you don't know and will never see in your life.
That's extremely lame. Who the fuck are you the goddam teacher's pet, stop brown nosing people who could care less about what you do on internet forums.
The pirates and the devs don't care about you so why do you care about them ?

Yes... let's pretend naughty dog are doing the port and that both spiderman games that have been ported to pc so far werent relatively well done.

How smart
He's at least smarter than you who didn't even see the joke.

Calm down pirates won't buy the game anyway so why not letting them play for free ?
You can support devs all you want by buying it yourself.
Stop wishing incarceration on people you don't know and will never see in your life.
That's extremely lame. Who the fuck are you the goddam teacher's pet, stop brown nosing people who could care less about what you do on internet forums.
The pirates and the devs don't care about you so why do you care about them ?

Look at you, trying to justify crimes and stuff! Good for you man.

If they can't do the time, don't do the crime :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

mrcroket

It's not about defending crime, because whoever has to be judged will be judged in a court of law. The rest is defending multi-million dollar corporations that don't give a shit about you just because their marketing has influenced you to feel a part of them.

Fabieter

It's not about defending crime, because whoever has to be judged will be judged in a court of law. The rest is defending multi-million dollar corporations that don't give a shit about you just because their marketing has influenced you to feel a part of them.

What? it has also something to do with empathy and moral. Imagine something like the insomniac hack happens to your company and people giving the stolen product for free.

StueyDuck

what was even the joke. Did anyone laugh?

It was either a jab at Sony or Naughty Dog, either way has nothing to do with insomniac plus their prior entries on PC already say the contrary for the "punchline" of the joke.

I guess you geniuses need to work on your material. It's clearly too high brow and intellectual

kiphalfton

1PTNJUM.gif

Yeah... that's like 15 full-time people at $150/hour contracted over the span of one year. Not sure WTF they're doing (but if it's anything like any of the desk jobs I've worked at, probably sitting around talking half the shift, and doing maybe 1-2 hours of actual work per day).

Last edited:

mrcroket

What? it has also something to do with empathy and moral. Imagine something like the insomniac hack happens to your company and people giving the stolen product for free.
If I start a company and it goes under, I go bankrupt. Inmsomniac is a multi-billion dollar company, this setback means nothing to them, the employees are not going to lose their jobs and the ones who have "lost money" are the top executives for whom it only means seeing a slightly lower number in their accounts and for all practical purposes it only affects their egos.

Empathising with them is just a show of fanboyism for a brand.

kiphalfton

It was either a jab at Sony or Naughty Dog, either way has nothing to do with insomniac plus their prior entries on PC already say the contrary for the "punchline" of the joke.

I guess you geniuses need to work on your material. It's clearly too high brow and intellectual

The original person never even said anything about naughty dog or insomniac.

They quoted your post about "script kids", showed the hack job of a port that was released, and captioned it with "actual Sony developers".

Not hard to understand what the joke is.

It's called irony. But you're too butthurt to understand the joke apparently.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If I start a company and it goes under, I go bankrupt. Inmsomniac is a multi-billion dollar company, this setback means nothing to them, the employees are not going to lose their jobs and the ones who have "lost money" are the top executives for whom it only means seeing a slightly lower number in their accounts and for all practical purposes it only affects their egos.

Or some people actually care about the stuff and companies that create things they enjoy. You being mad that someone is empathetic to Insomniac here only shows your fanboyism.

Toots

Gold Member

I was laughing at first but your overseriousness is giving me a case of troll remorse and im now feeling kind of bad for you because of you (wrap your head around that).
So please going forward think about me and don't ruin my fun with your serious whiteknighting of goddam videogame devs and multibillion $ corpos.

Last edited:

mrcroket

Or some people actually care about the stuff and companies that create things they enjoy. You being mad that someone is empathetic to Insomniac here only shows your fanboyism.
I love Insomniac games, but worrying about a company that is flush with cash and about something with no real consequences for its future.... I worry about people with real problems, not about the damage caused to brands. That, my friend, is brand loyalty (aka fanboyism).

Toots

Gold Member

Im not trying to justify anything im telling you about the futility of your stance.
Plus crime is just a shared concept valid in the context of a given society, in a given time.
Maybe you'll understand, in a few years from now, when being a moron is outlawed.
(PS : i will not hide you then don't even ask).

FeralEcho

I don't get it. The fact that it's even running at all is nothing short of astonishing.
I mean I get it, it's impressive that they even got it running but it's like imagine a chimp taking a shit at a toilet and one in the yard,one of them is more impressive than the other but it's still the same shit. No sane person will go out of their way to play this version.

StueyDuck

The original person never even said anything about naughty dog or insomniac.

They quoted your post about "script kids", showed the hack job of a port that was released, and captioned it with "actual Sony developers".

Not hard to understand what the joke is.

It's called irony. But you're too butthurt to understand the joke apparently.
you do realise Insomniac is owned by sony and they have developed PC ports before and this is a thread about Spider-man 2 a game developed by insomniac who again are owned by sony and again have released decent PC ports of the prior two Spider-man games.

you guys try really really really hard to be edgy on here sometimes but the joke simply was nonsensical and just a non sequitur that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or even my comment, since my comment was clearly about waiting for them to port Spider-man 2 to PC which again i will direct you to the two previous ports on PC which at the very worst were very good ports.

StueyDuck

I was laughing at first but your overseriousness is giving me a case of troll remorse and im now feeling kind of bad for you because of you (wrap your head around that).
So please going forward think about me and don't ruin my fun with your serious whiteknighting of goddam videogame devs and multibillion $ corpos.
is this a joke? since the line of joke and troll are so blurred i can't tell? should i laugh or take you serious?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I mean I get it, it's impressive that they even got it running but it's like imagine a chimp taking a shit at a toilet and one in the yard,one of them is more impressive than the other but it's still the same shit. No sane person will go out of their way to play this version.
That's just the beginning. The fact that they got it running so quickly makes this impressive. When Jetpack Interactive started the GOW port, they were happy with just seeing the Sony logo because they initially only got a black screen. You're talking as if it's the final version when they barely started working on it.

There will be improvements and this build is obviously not meant to be the final one as people will definitely improve upon it. I'm very interested to see how they handle this compared to a professional developer.

Fabieter

This has nothing do with "muh multibillion dollar company" and the fact that you don't understand it is telling but it is what it is. Go on with your ignorance.

Congrats on the absolute worst post in this thread.

well done congrats GIF

Last edited:

Fabieter

Animated GIF

Insomniac and Sony so touched by your comments guys that they teared up.

So if something happen to you at work no one should be emphatic because you also just chasing money.

What 1000s of people are fired from a company fuck them they only did it for money anyway. Right? People thinking about companys like they are any better personally.

At least you could try to show some emphaty when shit like that happen. My motivation to work rn would go shit if stuff like this happen.

Top Bottom