• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modders are working on a PC port of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

Marvels-Spider-Man-2-feature-672x372.jpg

Last month, we informed you about a leaked PC dev build for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. And, from the looks of it, modders are currently trying to reverse-engineer and port the entire game to the PC.

This unofficial port aims to make the full game playable on PC. And, ironically, it may be finished before even Sony announces its plans to bring the game to our platform.
What’s also incredible here is that the game already runs at 60fps on PC. Below you can find two videos that showcase its latest WIP build. The first one shows some swinging whereas the second one shows the Sandman fight.

It’s pretty incredible what modders have already achieved. Now as you may have noticed, there are a lot of graphical glitches and bugs. For example, there are major issues with textures. And that’s the main area that the modders are currently focusing on. From what we know, they are currently trying to bring the assets from the PS5 version and make them work on PC. Once this task is complete, they’ll focus on polishing bugs.

Since this unofficial PC port will be based on the leaked PC dev build, it will be illegal. As such, we won’t allow any links to it once it’s released. Still, this is an incredible work. So, they at least deserve a big kudos for doing something like that. On the other hand, it’s an unfortunate turn of events for Insomniac Games.

My guess is that Sony will officially reveal Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 for the PC in 2024. So, we might see this game hitting the PC in 2025. As such, the modders will have at least one year to complete their project before it. And no, I don’t expect the modders to add any new features. Hell, I don’t even know whether or not this unofficial project will have any control or graphics settings.

Larxia

I'm not really sure what's the point when the game will come to PC officially in probably not so long. Modding is extremely time consuming, so putting weeks / months of your time on a project like this seem rather strange because it will be rendered pointless once the official game is out, I think.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm really excited to see how the fan port compares to the official port. It would be interesting to see an unofficial port that's continuously upgraded, and surpasses the official port and has enhanced mod support, or otherwise see the official port receive extra enhancements in response to the unofficial port.

Porticus

"This unofficial port aims to make the full game playable on PC. And, ironically, it may be finished before even Sony announces its plans to bring the game to our platform."

WTF is this retarded take? ahahah Ironically my ass, what a turd of an editor can write such BS in such a serious way?

We should start to avoid posting these stupid articles from dubious sources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom