• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the consensus on a guy wrapping long shirt or jacket around waist?

xkramz

Is it trendy? Is it weird for a guy to do That?

Reason I'm asking is cause I had my jacket and it was hot and didn't wanna hold it so I tied it around my waist. And I got called a homo because of it....so I'm like a lil mindfuck by thst remark so yeah..

Beth Cyra

They used a homophobic slur because of your jacket, they should be ignored regardless of the jacket around the waist being trendy or not.

Also I've seen men do it plenty, and given gay folk are as varied as straight folk even if it's something some gay folk do it's certainly not something all do or claim as their own.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is it trendy? Is it weird for a guy to do That?

Reason I'm asking is cause I had my jacket and it was hot and didn't wanna hold it so I tied it around my waist. And I got called a homo because of it....so I'm like a lil mindfuck by thst remark so yeah..

just someone random called you that or what?

Alienfan

Don't let homophobia rob you of the convenience of wrapping your coat around your waist.

Like how else are you supposed to carry it?

Grym

If I get hot, I do that with a jacket if I don't wanna carry it sometimes. Then again, I'm old, I'm a dad, and I don't give a shit what people think (also Nirvana was a part of my glory days). I especially wouldn't care what some asshole thought who felt it is okay to use a slur like that around me.

If you're tying a jacket around your waist cuz of utility/it's hot, who cares.

If you tied a flannel around your waist in 80+ degree weather that's played out af and you a little corny tbh.

devonodev

DrTYXgAy1ktcs_N20oSRicc32VA=.gif

Nicolada

If you can pull it off, go for it. It CAN look preppy or feminine/gay depending on the outfit, but not necessarily. Either way, you'd have to be a douche to actually comment on someone doing that.

Wolfe

Power move is to tie that shit around your neck, now you got a mini cape son.

Also anyone you don't know calling you a homo out in public is an asshole, don't worry about that nonsense.

subrock

I usually just fold my jacket in half and tuck it under my belt at the back. Depends on jacket thickness though

I’ve also see the one shoulder wrap too. May or may not be dorkier than the waist though.

caliph95

I do it when traveling and bringing along my jacket due to changing weather

Not a look just out of convenience also when I forgot my belt :p

Hypron

What else would you do when you're hot? Hold it under your arm? That's not always possible depending on what you're doing.

Kebiinu

Banned
It's a look, depending on your style. I like it, and I'd say do it if it doesn't look tacky with what you're wearing. I'm also gay af, tho. But it's not exclusive to gay men, and here in NYC it's a trend.

Darksol

Are you balding and chubby and in your mid 40s?

Do you own a yacht?

Are you in a frat on a football scholarship and your pastimes include sexual assault?

Are you an Abercrombie and Fitch model?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's not a very popular aesthetic decision anymore because of the increased availability of breathable fabrics. If the weather is too hot for a jacket, don't wear one. If you can't decide between a short sleeved shirt or a long sleeved shirt, wear linen, seersucker, or breathable cotton instead of heavy cotton or flannel. You can also try wearing lighter colours in general if you want to absorb less heat.

(And bro, stop hanging out with whatever dumbass frat boys thought calling you a "homo" was appropriate, or that being a "homo" was a bad thing. Seriously, it's not 2003 and you're not in middle school.)

Top Bottom