• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, was Bloodsport the best Jean Claude Van Damme action movie?

Best JCVD?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

It's my favorite with Kickboxer being second.

I remember as a kid thinking it was like a live action Street Fighter movie. Come to find out in later years that the Capcom guys were totally inspired by the film. It will always be the true SF movie in my heart.

Business

giphy.gif

Such a classic. The last fight is absolutely hilarious with today's eyes.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I come to really enjoy JCVD the movie above his actually movies.

Edit: through probably not considered action.

I like lionheart and universal hero or whatever with dolph. Blood sport was good too though

Edit oh shit and double impact was dope

Edit dam forgot about timecop

Ryck

Thanks OP I am now watching Bloodsport.

Netflix no longer has it available for streaming so I had to dust off the DVD.

Saw Bloodsport for the first time last year (from film and all) and it was hilarious. Terrible acting and a couple of nice cheesy songs from Stan Bush. Would watch again.

I always liked Universal Soldier as a kid, but I haven't seen it in years. It has Dolph Lundgren in it, though...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Growing up, I always thought of it as the live action Tekken movie I never got at the time.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
JCVD was his best movie. That shit was phenomenal and by and far his best film and best performance. That one shot action scene the movie starts with is awesome as well.

voOsh

I LOVE Bloodsport. It's one of the first martial arts movies I saw as a kid and I've been hooked on the genre ever since. There have been very few tournament-setting martial arts movies worth a damn, but Bloodsport is excellent.

The Frank Dux v Paco fight is maybe my favorite fight in the whole film and is severely underrated. https://youtu.be/HUW17mdUwzQ?t=25s

First of all, it's the semi-finals of the kumite. Beat Paco and he can finally face Chong Li for revenge and honor. Secondly, he straight up destroys Paco going kick-for-kick against him. Earlier in the film Paco is shown to be a devestating muay thai kickboxer who uses his legs and kicks to dominate opponents. He was clearly shown as being 1 of the top fighters in the tournament along with Li and Dux himself. But Dux plays right into Paco's own style and obliterates him causing even Chong Li to look a little worried about facing Dux. Great fight. Great film!

Bishop89

nope, the final fight + music is cool but the rest of the movie is not good lol.

Better movies:

giphy.gif

timecop

tumblr_mtwch64CQO1s72apwo1_500.gif

tumblr_lsooixpANG1r05ly0.gif

street fighter

677808604.gif

QEAiszp.gif

sudden death

qlYmW5g.gif

AF4.gif

universal soldier