• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Spinky

Oh hey, what's this? I found a big fat fucking L for NRS.

Seriously, I love most of their games, but my God. What are they doing?

delSai

Even the Wii Version of Armageddon came out in April!
I wouldnt be THAT pissed if they delayed the Game because of Persona releasing the same month, but still, it's fucking weird that besides Ed teasing and talking about the game, we havent seen anything for 3 months or something.

Neoxon

Oh hey, what's this? I found a big fat fucking L for NRS.

Seriously, I love most of their games, but my God. What are they doing?
We seriously need more info soon, 'cause Marvel & Capcom's looking poised to body NRS & DC right now. That is, unless Injustice 2 is actually getting delayed.

Gleethor

Here's an unpopular opinion: I would way rather have an all marvel fighting game than another MvC

We seriously need more info soon, 'cause Marvel & Capcom's looking poised to body NRS & DC right now. That is, unless Injustice 2 is actually getting delayed.
Just like SFV bodied MKX? These games can coexist, you know.

Spinky

I don't think I2 is getting delayed. This is just NRS/WB thinking this is a good idea. They did this with MKX too, maybe even Injustice and MK9, can't remember.

But it's gonna get overshadowed now. I'm more hype for MvC, and I never thought I'd say that.
And i would love an all Capcom Fighting Game lol

Same.

sinkfla87

Injustice is totally getting delayed. I place my bet on Q3 2017 at this point. What the fuck is Boon doing with all these polls and character nods if they just end up skipping every major convention?

Khezu

There is no way they are delaying it.

The only reasonable explanation is they want to polish it more.

Compared to MK9/INJ/MKX I2 looked hella unpolished.

Way too much of it was straight up from Injustice 1.

sinkfla87

Bringing Marvel vs DC stuff to gaming side now? This is the exact same track as MKX had, stop fearmongering like this is GameFAQs or something

I'm a fan of both so no fanboy war here, but I don't remember NRS being this silent before MKX. There were character reveals and streams for quite a while before it actually came out. Actually looking back, there was a full stream dedicated to game questions and demonstrations six months before release.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/update-notes-gathered-from-nrss-demonstration-stream.46829/

EDIT: I'm not hoping for a delay by any means. I'm very excited for the game, just worried there's a reason for the info drought.

delSai

I have to say though, i'm REALLY happy that the roster didn't leak. There was no surprise for SFV (except for the newcomers), same with KoF.

With Injustice we can only guess and dont know what we will get. I love that.

Compbros

Bringing Marvel vs DC stuff to gaming side now? This is the exact same track as MKX had, stop fearmongering like this is GameFAQs or something

No, it's different. MKX was revealed with more characters initially, the longest between reveals was 3 months from Oct-Jan but it also had the Kombat Kast showcasing the variations, dialogue, x-ray, and fatalities of the announced cast so far which was done in early November so we still had good info even without reveals. Also at this time last year we had cover art, the goro Pre-Order bonus, and the Deluxe Digital Edition was available for pre-order.

The last Injustice 2 reveal we got was in August, meaning we're already at 4 months with absolutely no new information and another big conference was skipped.

Yeah this radio silence is a bit awkward. We haven't had any official reveal since August... this isn't how you build anticipation. :s

I feel as though NRS has only one option to counteract the hype MvCI has, and that's picking the right guest character.

And I don't mean no damn Spawn garbage either.

Rl5kByL.jpg

Put that in a trailer at a conference and people will be talking.

Spinky

I feel as though NRS has only one option to counteract the hype MvCI has, and that's picking the right guest character.

Rl5kByL.jpg

I would cum.

Got MK XL during the game awards sale and omg, i didn't expect it to be this good! it feels different from past MK games, very refined and so much fun. Would've bought this much sooner had I know it was such a big improvement! More hyped for Injustice now :)

Some Nobody

There has been no delays, Boon confirmed on Twitter that production has been going smoothly. This is just radio silence.

What's told to us and what's actually happening don't have to be the same thing. I'm thinking it's weird that PSX came and went (so far as reveals) and we don't have anything. Unless Schrier's right and WB REALLY pulled back their presence from this.

Here's an unpopular opinion: I would way rather have an all marvel fighting game than another MvC

As a comic geek I'm more interested in anything that's pure Marvel or DC.

What delay? They hadn't announced a release window yet.

Khezu

Probably won't see anything until Jan where I would image they would start doing Kombat Kasts again every week or two to show off characters.

Unless they throw us a bone and show a randomly character just to remind people the game exists.

If we don't see anything in Jan, then we definitely need to start worrying.

Ross61

Those intro dialogue mockups were great, SpaceWolf. But when did Kate Kane become Bruce's cousin? I don't remember that being the case.

Going by the polls, I expect more than one MK guest character. Considering how well Scorpion sold, financially it's a smart move. If MKX is an indication, I think we might get four guest characters. Maybe more.

Since a decade at least.....

Her father is Bruce uncle and they both attended the funeral of Bruce's parents....

I mean:

Compbros

Got MK XL during the game awards sale and omg, i didn't expect it to be this good! it feels different from past MK games, very refined and so much fun. Would've bought this much sooner had I know it was such a big improvement! More hyped for Injustice now :)

It's the best fighter NRS has put out so far and they've made great strides to improve the balance, as before it was a pure rushdown/armor fest, as well technical improvements like rollback netcode. For 20-30 bucks it's well worth it even for people that don't play FGs much.

You picked a good time because before it was uggggghhhhh.

Probably won't see anything until Jan where I would image they would start doing Kombat Kasts again every week or two to show off characters.

Unless they throw us a bone and show a randomly character just to remind people the game exists.

Last time they did a reveal late in the year (OCT), a Kombat Kast (NOV) in between the next reveal (JAN) and then started making them more as we got closer to the April release date.

I really think they'll have to bridge that time with at least one character reveal. I mean, they already have shown some character teasers with the icons, so properly show us Captain Cold as "present" for the holidays. Would fit with the theme and even tie into (Flash TV show spoilers)
Captain Cold coming back to the TV show as a villain

Compbros

I really think they'll have to bridge that time with at least one character reveal. I mean, they already have shown some character teasers with the icons, so properly show us Captain Cold as "present" for the holidays. Would fit with the theme and even tie into (Flash TV show spoilers)
Captain Cold coming back to the TV show as a villain

What's weird is we 100 percent know Flash is in and they didn't show him off at all when the season started, during the crossover event early this week, nor at New York Comic Con. Like, why?

What's weird is we 100 percent know Flash is in and they didn't show him off at all when the season started, during the crossover event early this week, nor at New York Comic Con. Like, why?

They never showed off Wonder Woman gameplay either, did they?
Edit: Nevermind they did with the Blue Beetle trailer.

Khezu

I always assumed they got more and more frequent because NRS realized how popular the format was, and it worked really well with Tyler and Derek as the hosts.

The only real info I have seen about the game are a few NRS players randomly going to WB's Californa studio and playing the game for a day.
I don't know what that means or why they were chosen.
That was like a month ago or so.

They never showed off Wonder Woman gameplay either, did they?
Edit: Nevermind they did with the Blue Beetle trailer.

They also show off some proper gameplay of her later.

Compbros

I always assumed they got more and more frequent because NRS realized how popular the format was, and it worked really well with Tyler and Derek as the hosts.

The only real info I have seen about the game are a few NRS players randomly going to WB's Californa studio and playing the game for a day.
I don't know what that means or why they were chosen.
That was like a month ago or so.

Nah because they stopped after the game was released minus showing off DLC characters or balance patches because there was nothing new to show.

KitanaPrime and Michelangelo are respected members of the NRS community and were invited by NRS/WB/Gamestop to do an exhibition to showoff the game to a large crowd of people.

Khezu

Nah because they stopped after the game was released minus showing off DLC characters or balance patches because there was nothing new to show.

KitanaPrime and Michelangelo are respected members of the NRS community and were invited by NRS/WB/Gamestop to do an exhibition to showoff the game to a large crowd of people.

Nah this was later after Mike and KP did there thing.

Mike and Tyrant both went randomly and posted a few images about it on twitter.

delSai

Yea its weird that Flash hasnt been revealed yet. He was in the first CGI Reveal trailer and we still havent seen any Gameplay of him yet. Oh well, i was able to survive without a reveal for that long, i will survive another month.

Rl5kByL.jpg

I just died and came back again. Man that would be the best guest character not named Vegeta.

Sesha

Man, Marvel vs. Capcom and Injustice 2 were both revealed this year and are both comic out next year. Crazy.

Since a decade at least.....

Her father is Bruce uncle and they both attended the funeral of Bruce's parents....

I mean:

Ellipses overload. That issue came out this year. Was it revealed before then? Can't say I remember it. Then again I rarely read every issue of a run, and I only started reading cape comics in '09.

This long stretch of silence is weird.

I hope this is the case. I especially hope they change Batman's fucking idle pose. Still can't believe they reused that.

RedHill

Banned
There was a 2 month period of silence between Quan chi and Kung Lao in MKX, but this is already much longer and I can't see us getting a reveal until atleast January

fernoca

WB as a whole has been relatively silent around their movies too. Any talk usually ends around the SS or BvS movies or the faces or armors when it comes to games.

Heck, just the reveal of MvCI and Injustice 2 is already "dead" and "bodied".

So who knows.
MKX had more stuff revealed by this time, but people also complained about that as if that implied no surprises.

BiggNife

Idk, nothing they've shown of I2 so far has done anything for me and I enjoyed the first one quite a bit

The armor system sounds like unecessary bloat designed to sell DLC armor that will make online players overpowered (yes, I know there is going to be a no-armor mode but the game is being designed with the armor as the main focus which bothers me). The game looks straight-up ugly, which is weird considering MKX looked great and had Netherrealm's best art design by a country mile.

I hope they've retooled some of it when they eventually show it again

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...r-game-features-gameplay-details-revealed.htm

Darkseid is the new tyrannical ruler of Apokolips in the DC comics, and was first seen as a stage effect. The character was also playable in the mobile version of the game, and was also featured in the comic book series based on the original video game. With the character's growing popularity, he will then be added as well to "Injustice 2," as confirmed by the game creator.

Boon also mentioned other characters to be added to the "Injustice 2" roster as well. These include The Watchmen, Spawn, and the "Mortal Kombat" fighter Sub-Zero. While these characters are definitely worth the hype, other confirmed "Injustice 2" characters include Captain Gold, Black Canary, Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm), Swamp Thing, Vixen, Ra's al Ghul, The Atom, and Beast Boy.

Other more familiar names are also going to be featured in "Injustice 2." The Justice League mainstays Superman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman are included. Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, and Deadshot would be appearing in "Injustice 2" as well.

Warner Bros. Marketing Manager Brian Goodman had also somewhat teased some of the new gameplay features of "Injustice 2" that fans will surely enjoy. According to a report, Goodman said that NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. are working in partnership for the story line details of "Injustice 2."

The release date of "Injustice 2" is scheduled to be in early 2017. This is still a tentative figure though, as it was according to the marketing plan of GameStop for January to March next year. The game will most definitely compete with other big titles such as "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild," and "Mass Effect: Andromeda."

If this is true, I can't say I'm thrilled by Aqualad, Vixen or Ra's Al Ghul. And who the fuck is Captain Gold?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wonderful, wonderful job. Any chance you could do Red Hood or Swamp Thing?

RED HOOD.

DLwBCdx.gif

Superman

Red Hood: You know, Bruce once taught me a hundred different ways to take you down.
Superman: Don't suppose he mentioned all the ways I could stop you?
Red Hood: It was a short lecture.

Clash

Superman: It’s not too late, Jason! You could join me!
Red Hood: Sorry…I don’t work for criminals.

Red Hood: You need to be put down, Clark!
Superman: Just like The Joker put you down?

Wonder Woman

Red Hood: You’re out of your league, princess.
Wonder Woman: You think I’m afraid of some delinquent in a hood?
Red Hood: I've got a few tricks up my sleeve...

Clash

Wonder Woman: You fight without honour!
Red Hood: Honour slowed me down.

Wonder Woman: Still happy to be Bruce’s puppet?
Red Hood: Still happy to be Superman’s?

Batman

Red Hood: Ready to dance, old man?
Batman: Don’t expect me to pull my punches, Jason.
Red Hood: You say that like you ever did.

Clash

Red Hood: All that time…and you were just holding me back!
Batman: From becoming what? Some punk with a gun?

Batman: You’ve learned some new moves…
Red Hood: It’s the final move that counts.

Supergirl

Red Hood: Last chance to walk away, Danvers.
Supergirl: From what? The chance to kick some vigilante butt?
Red Hood: You know, I almost feel sorry for you...

Clash

Red Hood: Should have stuck to stopping muggers, Kara.
Supergirl: Sure beats just looking like one!

Supergirl: You have any idea what I’m capable of…
Red Hood: Not enough to stop me.

Deadshot

Red Hood: You’re a hard man to reach, Floyd.
Deadshot: Sorry, didn’t know you were looking for trouble.
Red Hood: You’re not the only one with a hit-list.

Clash

Deadshot: Seeing red yet?
Red Hood: A little on you, maybe.

Red Hood: I always knew you were scum.
Deadshot: Least I’m not pretending to be a hero.

Atrocious

Red Hood: Huh. Haven’t seen much of you in Gotham.
Atrocious: I will melt the flesh from your bones!
Red Hood: And they say I’ve got problems…

Clash

Atrocious: You would make for a fine Red Lantern!
Red Hood: I’m done taking orders.

Red Hood:
I think I’m sensing a little hostility here.
Atrocious: THEN SENSE SO IN SILENCE!

Harley Quinn

Red Hood: I’m taking you back to prison, Quinn!
Harley: Or what, Red? You gonna spank me?
Red Hood: Either that or I could just snap your neck?

Clash

Harley Quinn: (Mockingly) You want me to get out my crowbar?
Red Hood: Don't worry...I won’t need it.

Red Hood: Do you have any idea what Joker did to me?
Harley: Aw, please! You just didn’t get the joke!

Aquaman

Red Hood: Looking to get buried at sea, your Majesty?
Aquaman: I will not fall to any human from the surface.
Red Hood: Guess there's a first time for everything...

Aquaman: Bruce taught you well.
Red Hood: I taught myself better.

Red Hood: Ready to give up yet?
Aquaman: A King never surrenders!

SWAMP THING

4753536-swamp+thing.jpg

Batman

Swamp Thing: Champion of the ruinous city. Have you come to battle?
Batman: I don’t come willingly. You could always join us.
Swamp Thing: Your side cannot protect my world. And so you will perish.

Clash

Swamp Thing: You fight only for destruction.
Batman: I fight to prevent it!

Batman: You were a man once, Holland!
Swamp Thing: No…not a man. Never a man.

Superman

Swamp Thing: The false sky-god cometh…ruler of a hollow kingdom
Superman: You dare question my accomplishments?
Swamp Thing: You are naught but a weed in the sun. I come to teach you humility.

Clash

Swamp Thing: You underestimate the power of The Green.
Superman: Why fear what I can burn?

Superman: You came here to stop me?
Swamp Thing: No. To end you.

Wonder Woman

Swamp Thing: Creature of myth, born of clay…have you come to be unmade?
Wonder Woman: I’ve fought my share of monsters. I’m not afraid of you.
Swamp Thing: Courage cannot serve you...only acceptance of the inevitable.

Clash

Swamp Thing: Your defiance is fruitless!
Wonder Woman: Tell that to the dozens I’ve slain!

Wonder Woman: Go back to your swamp, creature!
Swamp Thing: Perhaps once this is over.

Supergirl

Swamp Thing: Your mind is naught but poison and fume.
Harley Quinn: Sure beats looking like a talking cabbage!
Swamp Thing: Jest as you wish. Now face your extinction.

Clash

Harley Quinn: Have you ever met my friend Ivy?
Swamp Thing: We are…acquainted.

Swamp Thing: You are naught but pestilence!
Harley Quinn: (Adoringly) Ah, Swampy! You're makin' me blush!

Supergirl

Swamp Thing: Daughter of ash…you can only devastate this earth.
Supergirl: I’m not your enemy, Holland. I care for this world!
Swamp Thing: Your meaning is immaterial. I return you to the dirt.

Clash

Swamp Thing: You will wither in the dark!
Supergirl: Y'know, you'd make for a terrible life-coach...

Supergirl: So what are you, like…a big vegetable?
Swamp Thing: No. Only your unmaking.

Deadshot

Swamp Thing: You think your toys can save you?
Deadshot: That depends. Think you can survive a shot to the head?
Swamp Thing: I have and shall again.

Clash

Deadshot: Think you can survive a shot to the head?
Swamp Thing: I have and shall again.

Swamp Thing: You reek of despair.
Deadshot: Better than reeking of garbage.

Top Bottom