• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

J-Tier

Why cant you be excited for both? Different types of fighting games, one very likely releasing in Q1 and the other late in the year. Just curious.
Nah, it's not that I won't be excited. My initial excitement has waned due to those two factors. They really need to do something to bring the hype back.

The Boon twitter teases aren't doing it.

delSai

Nah, it's not that I won't be excited. My initial excitement has waned due to those two factors. They really need to do something to bring the hype back.

The Boon twitter teases aren't doing it.

Gotcha.
I hate the silence too, i think everyone who wants to play this game does. But for the year they're done. Sucks, but cant be changed. Whatever the reason is, weird PR thing, Voice Actor strike... Injustice in 2016 is over, fresh start for it in 2017.

And then they'll reveal Starfire.

Thing is, they have a straight translation of their comics costumes instead of the redesigns made specifically for the game. Last time that happened (Black Manta), they weren't proper playable characters.

Since I'm disappointed in all the dumb armor stuff and the surge of Suicide Squad characters, this game will have to bust out choice picks like Swamp Thing, Animal Man, or Etrigan for me to really get interested.

Sesha

It's easy to not be excited because there's nothing to get excited about atm.

Why cant you be excited for both? Different types of fighting games, one very likely releasing in Q1 and the other late in the year. Just curious.

No way this releases in Q1. Going by previous releases suggests April which is Q2.

Since I'm disappointed in all the dumb armor stuff and the surge of Suicide Squad characters, this game will have to bust out choice picks like Swamp Thing, Animal Man, or Etrigan for me to really get interested.

I wouldn't call two characters, one of which is returning from the previous game and isn't really tied down to Suicide Squad, a surge. They announced Deadshot and Harley at the same time and close to the movie because that's easy marketing.

I wouldn't call two characters, one of which is returning from the previous game and isn't really tied down to Suicide Squad, a surge. They announced Deadshot and Harley at the same time and close to the movie because that's easy marketing.
Yeah, but they are clearly pushing a more Suicide Squad version of Harley and Deadshot's inclusion means they are probably giving Deathstroke the axe in his favor. I also feel like the more prominence that Suicide Squad gets means that Secret Six, the better villains acting "heroic" group, will really be swept away to obscurity.

Some Nobody

All legacy characters that use the same gear or power source should be skins.

You can't skin someone like Jessica, she's got an entirely different body type. And doesn't have Hal or even Simon's experience with the ring--she should fight entirely separate from the others.

Plus Hal was a
Sinestro Corps member
and shouldn't get a GL ring back " 'cause that's what he usually has".

delSai

I would like to bring up Stages for a moment. So far we have Gotham, Atlantis and Metropolis, Stages that were in the first game just with different locations/redesigned. Do you guys think they'll "remake" other older stages like lets say the Asylum? I mean Themyscira is an obvious choice for a stage and is very likely going to be different from the I1 version.

For completely new stages i guess they could do Smallville? One Area as the Kent Farm and the other in the city.

And Star Labs as generic Training Stage perhaps.

INo way this releases in Q1. Going by previous releases suggests April which is Q2.

Yeah sorry bout that, legit brain fart on my end.

tim1138

I would like to bring up Stages for a moment. So far we have Gotham, Atlantis and Metropolis, Stages that were in the first game just with different locations/redesigned. Do you guys think they'll "remake" other older stages like lets say the Asylum? I mean Themyscira is an obvious choice for a stage and is very likely going to be different from the I1 version.

For completely new stages i guess they could do Smallville? One Area as the Kent Farm and the other in the city.

And Star Labs as generic Training Stage perhaps.

Yeah sorry bout that, legit brain fart on my end.

Mainly I just hope they have more stages then the first game.

Based on the announced characters I'd add Central City, National City, Gorilla City, Ysmault, Texas, and Belle Reve to the expected Gotham, Metropolis, Atlantis, and Themyscira levels .

Sesha

Yeah, but they are clearly pushing a more Suicide Squad version of Harley and Deadshot's inclusion means they are probably giving Deathstroke the axe in his favor. I also feel like the more prominence that Suicide Squad gets means that Secret Six, the better villains acting "heroic" group, will really be swept away to obscurity.

Ah, I see. I doubt they will get rid off Deathstroke since he's still popular and will be the villain in the Ben Affleck movie. Gameplay-wise Deadshot looks different enough since he's more of a zoner/trickshot character.

I feel you about Secret Six, though. Although I haven't read any other runs, I love Gail Simone's run. Catman would be an awesome addition. Cheshire would've been interesting as well.

Someone pointed this out on another forum:
Sorry for the double post, but I just got Jessica Cruz in the mobile game's newest event. Her moveset is kind of odd. Normally, a reskin of a character (like John Stewart or Cassandra Cain) has one slightly different combo, one unique special move, and a unique passive ability.
When Deadshot was added, it was notable for the fact that all of his combos were completely new, as were all of his special moves. Since then, he was revealed for Injustice 2, and those combos and specials can be seen in his gameplay.
Jessica doesn't have the same combos as Hal Jordan's various reskins. She has completely new combos, all of her specials are new (except for her ultimate ability, which is Hal's), and her passive honestly reminds me of a character trait (Kilowag coming in and restraining the opponent for her).
Imo, it looks like they may be putting her in Injustice 2, and teasing her in the mobile game like they did with Deadshot.

Khezu

Wally has the same combos as the other Flashes but he does have some other moves that might be new, where he merges with the speed force and does some weird speed force portal nonsense.

Rebirth Raven also got added.
Nothing new but she looks kinda cool, if she looks like that in Injustice 2 then I would definitely play as her.

Honestly wish they'd just go reskin city for anything that makes sense as long as they get them voiced and give them a story.
Green Lanterns
Robins
Batman & Batwoman
Deathstroke & Deadshot and maybe Red Hood
Flash
Supergirl & Superman

delSai

I think many of the Speedsters are going to be in as alternative versions for Flash. I dont think it makes much sense to have all those Flashes as their own character, so just throw in the gear and it should be all cool.

If Red Hood makes it in, he could have Hush, Power Girl is confirmed to be part of Supergirl... they really can go crazy with it and put in all those characters that wouldn't be in as their own character.

Someone pointed this out on another forum:

Interesting. I guess if she does get revealed, the mobile game is a good indication for who might show up in the game. Calling in Kilowog would be a pretty cool trait.
Jessica being in would probably mean no John Stewart or other male Green Lanterns as alternative versions, or at least i cant see different gender versions for characters.

Man, this game fell off the map in a big way for me. Are they waiting for E3 to show more or something? I wonder when this game is due to come out.

Village

Put in red tool

dbXCXfY.jpg
'

You might be like " who's red tool" he's a parody of deadpool. You might be like, isn't he already a parody of deathstroke. Yes.

Put him in

vg260

Man, this game fell off the map in a big way for me. Are they waiting for E3 to show more or something? I wonder when this game is due to come out.

Their games seem to sell really well at launch, so maybe them holding back, only to deluge people with information over a few months will work for them again. It's really hard to maintain a high level of interest when a release is so far off. They probably had to have something for E3, but wanted to wait for more progress to really start showing off. I can't really blame them if they are still improving the facial tech as they get skewered for that.

delSai

Looking forward to the upgraded character faces, they had enough time to work on that. WW looks good now, but Supergirl could use some work. Maybe they can make Beetle look less like a stoned Ninja Turtle too.

And yeah, the next 4, maybe 5 months are going to be Injustice News Overkill.

Wait, Q1 2017? No damn way is that when this launching. Way too fast of a turnaround, not enough of the game has been shown. Was this schedule something they originally committed to? Sounds like this game has still a bit more time in the oven.

I would be legitimately shocked if this game came out in Q1 2017, especially considering Tekken 7 is also coming out at the same time and that they've still shown next to nothing of the game in the grand scheme of things.

Sesha

They're probably waiting for the new year to kick off the marketing again. With the Autumn and holiday seasons, and TGA, PSX having big new reveals, it's kind of a waste to spend money and effort on lots of trailers and so on when hardly anyone is paying attention and your game is still months away.

Put in red tool

'

You might be like " who's red tool" he's a parody of deadpool. You might be like, isn't he already a parody of deathstroke. Yes.

Put him in

Harley's outfits just get skimpier and skimpier. Dig the art, though.

TDLink

They're probably waiting for the new year to kick off the marketing again. With the Autumn and holiday seasons, and TGA, PSX having big new reveals, it's kind of a waste to spend money and effort on lots of trailers and so on when hardly anyone is paying attention and your game is still months away.

Not for fighting games. It's common to use these events to trickle reveal new characters. It's basically expected at this point for the genre. Since they haven't been doing that, it indicates there is probably something wrong.

delSai

Yeah, maybe something went wrong, maybe the Gear System didn't work out as planned or something like that, who knows.

On the other hand if there's nothing wrong and they still decide to release in April, i dont think its a bad idea. For 4 months you will have a lot of news and stuff to talk about building up to release, basically keeping it on everyones mind for that time.

... but i wouldnt mind it not releasing in April. Persona is gonna be the main game during that month :p

Phloxy

Wait, Q1 2017? No damn way is that when this launching. Way too fast of a turnaround, not enough of the game has been shown. Was this schedule something they originally committed to? Sounds like this game has still a bit more time in the oven.

I don't understand the panic. They have revealed their last 3 fighting games at E3 and always hit April the following year without fail. They don' need to show a bunch of stuff now, they can start doing reveals next year and still have all the hype they need. Any trailers shown now will be forgotten about in 2 weeks.

It's just how the modern news cycle works, especially with gaming.

All this dead silence lets me believe its gonna be delayed a couple of months because of the VA strike.

If we dont get anything in january its officially delayed.

I would assume a delay would put this into holiday season, same time as MvC. That is probably worse for them than actually releasing in the spring.
True, it means competition with MvC:I which is not good, but it also means that it can coincide with the release of the Justice League movie which will have a lot of hype going for it regardless of whether it's good or bad. That can certainly give the sales of the game a decent boost.

Nudull

Banned
All this dead silence lets me believe its gonna be delayed a couple of months because of the VA strike.

If we dont get anything in january its officially delayed.

That honestly makes a lot of sense, if that's at least one the causes of the radio silence. This is really unusual for a WB game to have this long a lull in news.

Magwik

Banned
Injustice 1 went a long time of silence as well after reveal. Also if the game was delayed it was more than likely due to taking in feedback and wanting to launch alongside Justice League.

TDLink

Injustice 1 went a long time of silence as well after reveal. Also if the game was delayed it was more than likely due to taking in feedback and wanting to launch alongside Justice League.

I followed Injustice 1...it most certainly did not. It had regular character reveals at major events throughout that fall. Including NY Comic Con. Ed Boon was also a regular tease with random obtuse riddles that hinted at certain things, which he has completely not done here so far. All he's done are random polls this time that may or may not mean anything.

Ryce

It's been over four months since the last character reveal. That's 1/3 of a year. Injustice 1 had no such drought.

Gleethor

Gotta be something to do with development troubles, likely the VA strike. NRS fighters have historically done very well with their spring launches, be a shame to miss that window.

vg260

I don't understand the panic. They have revealed their last 3 fighting games at E3 and always hit April the following year without fail. They don' need to show a bunch of stuff now, they can start doing reveals next year and still have all the hype they need. Any trailers shown now will be forgotten about in 2 weeks.

It's just how the modern news cycle works, especially with gaming.

Yea, constant news every week leading to launch would be fun. I'd rather the last few months be packed.

Khezu

Even if there is trouble I doubt they would sacrifice the Q2 April window.
IT has been too good to them in the past.

I followed Injustice 1...it most certainly did not. It had regular character reveals at major events throughout that fall. Including NY Comic Con. Ed Boon was also a regular tease with random obtuse riddles that hinted at certain things, which he has completely not done here so far. All he's done are random polls this time that may or may not mean anything.
He's still doing it.

Check his recent twitter feed.

I honestly don't think MVCI or T7 would heavily impact sales and make them delay.

The casual audience eat NRS games up and conpetitive players like me are going to buy the game because we play NRS style games a lot.

If anything I think this being out the same time as MvCI this will hurt MvCI infinities sales more than vice versa!

"Takes cover and lifts up shield"

delSai

Yea, constant news every week leading to launch would be fun. I'd rather the last few months be packed.

Would be pretty cool to have streams every 2 weeks or so showing off new characters, modes and whatever else there is to show off.

They can easily fill the time from January to April. And i think they will do just that.

Compbros

The longest IGAU went without a reveal was 3 months and they still had tidbits of new gameplay or information during that time with already revealed characters. The last reveal we got was already 4 months ago and we've only gotten a thing or two gameplay wise but nothing new. This is REALLY long, even for NRS.

Top Bottom