• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Too many games? More like too few podcasts.

RKnZDkv.gif

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Thinking about giving the podcast another chance and listening starting from 201. Anything big I've missed?

I'd say give 200 a listen actually. It's a super dissapointing 200th episode, but as a regular podcast it's def one of the better ones. It's got a really great opening hour as Woolie and Pat talk about this really bad movie they watched.

Also I'd say find their Room discussion on Youtube, that was pretty fun. Same with their talk about The Witcher author v. The Metro guy

aly

So they're doing Tekken 7. I found Injustice story wise to be way more fun and interesting but their lack of DC knowledge and poor comic understanding makes Tekken the better choice.

ArjanN

Saints Row 2 is so much fucking better, SR3 is an empty husk and a parody of itself

I know you meant that as an insult, but it really IS a parody of itself.

SR3 definitely plays better than SR2, the only real reason to prefer SR2 is if you like the tone better, but honestly I found the gangster wannabe tone always kind of pandering and lame, even in actual GTA, so I appreciated SR3 taking the piss out of that.

I know next to nothing about Tekken's story except that Heihachi is the worst dad ever but this looks amazing so far

God that crime thyme was actually horrible...

is that what the kids are calling it these days

I'd say give 200 a listen actually. It's a super dissapointing 200th episode, but as a regular podcast it's def one of the better ones. It's got a really great opening hour as Woolie and Pat talk about this really bad movie they watched.

Also I'd say find their Room discussion on Youtube, that was pretty fun. Same with their talk about The Witcher author v. The Metro guy

I actually really liked the 200 podcast. Them repeatedly saying how much it sucked made it even better for me

Fat4all

Banned
Good day.

They finally finished NitW (about 6 parts longer than I expected it to run), and Dead Cells is awesome, I've been playing a shit ton of it recently.

I dropped my no-early access rule with Grim Dawn. Actually end up playing hundreds of hours and getting more than my money's worth before it was even 'complete'. Dead Cells seems like it has some of the same potential. Particularly when it's <$15 right now.

Strimei

I'm not even bothering with Tekken, but that's more because I've never had any interest in the game to begin with. Is it really that bad?

Xux

I'm not even bothering with Tekken, but that's more because I've never had any interest in the game to begin with. Is it really that bad?
It's pretty bad; they tried to copy the overrated Netherrealms model and somehow did worse than SFV.

Strimei

It's pretty bad; they tried to copy the overrated Netherrealms model and somehow did worse than SFV.

Its super bad. Like I said before Injustuce stomps all over it story mode wise.

Oof. Though I did kind of like SFV, though I think that was more because I actually knew the characters. I couldn't name you a single Tekken character outside of Heihachi.

SFV felt like it knew how bad it was and was kind of reveling in it. The stuff with Zangief breaking swords with his tits or the whole team just jumping out of a helicopter at like 300 feet in the air because, fuck it, we super heroes now.

Tekken seems like it actually wants me to take diaper baby oldman seriously, and that is never, ever happening.

Edit: Like, when Tekken is also celebrating its goofiness, I'm cool with it. I love everything to do with Kuma.

Moaradin

SFV story mode is stupid, but it's the fun kind of stupid. I think it's one of the more enjoyable NRS style story modes (behind MK9 and Injustice 1. I thought MKX was pretty lame with the focus on the new kidz, and I haven't played Injustice 2).

Menitta

I'd agree with this. SFV had faults but it didn't have a bored reporter talking about how much he hates Ryu. Why did they need to put this nobody character in!? I don't understand.

They wanted to get in on that sweet, sweet disembodied narrator action, like all your favorite movies. Umm, well... at least maybe your favorite 80's movies where a character's reminiscing about their childhood?

Okay, basically just The Wonder Years.

Fancolors

They should have gone the BlazBlue way and give each character a route with multiple endings, some sillier than others. It's much easier to juggle good and serious this way.

joe2187

Banned

It takes an already incoherent mess and makes it even more incoherent while simultaneously making the wacky zany world of CEO bears, fighting Kangaroos and Leopard Luchadors super boring while being narrated by a guy who sounds like he's reading the ingredients off a shampoo bottle at a powerpoint meeting.

Give me more of this stupid shit

00e.gif

At least SFV was a bunch of stupid fun.

Top Bottom