• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

I prefer a minimalistic setup.

qk4KXer.jpg

What tv cabinet is that? Looks nice.

e90Mark

Not many changes to my setup since 2015, just a few re-arranged things and some upgraded gear. I have other consoles, framed posters (thinking of swapping out my Zelda posters for my Dead Space ones), figures and statues, but at the moment they are in storage.

LOUNGE

• Sony 55" X850C 4K HDR Television
  • Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray Player
  • Pioneer VSX-1131 AV Receiver
  • Wharfedale Achromatic Series 5.1 Speaker Set
  • Gaming PC with a Roccat Sova Lapboard
  • PlayStation 4 Pro with PSVR, Xbox One Slim, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3

Is that the Stockholm stand from Ikea?

Ashtrax

Is that the Stockholm stand from Ikea?

Yep! Really great cabinet. The only drawback is that we bought it before we upgraded our AV receiver, so the new one I had to ensure would fit in the centre insert, which the Pioneer only Just makes at the base while the front sticks out a couple of centimetres.

IV Wolfe VI

Neo Member
That is one big Lego head. Is it functional, like a bank or something?

I use it for Pens and USB Drives and other little items I don't wanna let the kids have on my desk lol. Ive even had to apply Velcro to my speakers to keep the kids from pulling them down, lol.

BorndatascalP

Neo Member
What tv cabinet is that? Looks nice.

Thanks! The cabinet are three Ikea bedroom cabinets actually :D. I've made internal adjustments (holes) in the rear and sides for ventilation purposes and cable connectivity. Power is supplied on the bottom (inside) of the center cabinet. I've mounted scaffolding wooden planks on top of the cabinets to give it some style and the idea it's one piece.

I was tired of standard TV furniture here in the Netherlands and the stuff I did like cost a fortune so I decided to build my own :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Had to dismantle my Gaming PC to fix something, so decided to take some pics for gaf.

- Titan X Pascal
- Intel i7 6700 @ 4GHz
- 16GB RAM
- Republic of Gamers mobo

It's my living room PC, hooked up to a 4K 85 inch TV. I can power it on with Xbox One controller, and it boots straight to Steam big picture mode.

97g3J9l.jpg

jYEMX9D.jpg

Had to dismantle my Gaming PC to fix something, so decided to take some pics for gaf.

- Titan X Pascal
- Intel i7 6700 @ 4GHz
- 16GB RAM

It's my living room PC, hooked up to a 4K 85 inch TV. I can power it on with Xbox One controller, and it boots straight to Steam big picture mode.
How do you boot straight to Steam big picture using an Xbox controller? I need that in my life :).

Chittagong

Gold Member
How do you boot straight to Steam big picture using an Xbox controller? I need that in my life :).

Xbone controller USB adapter, set to allow to wake up device. Steam set to launch at boot, and configured to go straight to BPM. It's a bit buggy though, I need to move my mouse to get BPM detect the controller for some reason :-/

Get to posting pictures of the whole setup man, I've been dying to see it :)

Been a pain, it's a skyscraper and there is a penthouse right above us. They have been still constructing it, running down dirty water so our windows are super grimy. Need to wait for window cleaner before I do pics.

Which case is that?

http://www.streacom.com/products/f12c-chassis/

Really lovely case. Scratches a bit easy but beautiful and lots of space for tidy cabling.

kanuuna

- Titan X Pascal
- Intel i7 6700 @ 4GHz
- 16GB RAM

97g3J9l.jpg

jYEMX9D.jpg

Insanely slick. Looking forward to seeing the complete setup.

WolfRathmA

Everyone here have great setups! Thumbs up to all of you guys!

That's my current setup right now, i will post more pictures later with the entire room. I have to make some things first.

My gear:

• Samsung UE55KS8000
  • PS4 Pro
  • LG HX995TZ

Need to update my old Home Cinema, but i'm satisfied with it right now for this living room.

17881468_185015518683600_8894186768123822080_n.jpg

Donuts

Just spent about an hour scouring through every page of this thread. Props to just about everyone's setup. I finally have a job lined up so it's time to start planning! I'll probably post in next year's thread.

Just spent about an hour scouring through every page of this thread. Props to just about everyone's setup. I finally have a job lined up so it's time to start planning! I'll probably post in next year's thread.
Congrats on the job. :) looking forward to your setup.

Still havent gotten any cable management sorted at all, in my new appartment. Will do it soon, I've told myself for the last 2 months.

6BTveO1.jpg

entremet

Xbone controller USB adapter, set to allow to wake up device. Steam set to launch at boot, and configured to go straight to BPM. It's a bit buggy though, I need to move my mouse to get BPM detect the controller for some reason :-/

Been a pain, it's a skyscraper and there is a penthouse right above us. They have been still constructing it, running down dirty water so our windows are super grimy. Need to wait for window cleaner before I do pics.

http://www.streacom.com/products/f12c-chassis/

Really lovely case. Scratches a bit easy but beautiful and lots of space for tidy cabling.
Always the perfectionist, Chitta lol.

I'm sure your setup with dirty windows will still blow away most here.

rdaubner

Can you plz link me to the wood media console?

Not many changes to my setup since 2015, just a few re-arranged things and some upgraded gear. I have other consoles, framed posters (thinking of swapping out my Zelda posters for my Dead Space ones), figures and statues, but at the moment they are in storage.

LOUNGE

• Sony 55" X850C 4K HDR Television
  • Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray Player
  • Pioneer VSX-1131 AV Receiver
  • Wharfedale Achromatic Series 5.1 Speaker Set
  • Gaming PC with a Roccat Sova Lapboard
  • PlayStation 4 Pro with PSVR, Xbox One Slim, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3

STUDY

• X99 Motherboard, i7-5930K, GeForce GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, SSDs
  • G-Sync enabled Acer Predator X34 Ultrawide, ASUS ROG PG278Q Monitors
  • Logitech G910 Orion Spark, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G633 Artemis Spectrum, C920 Webcam, Z906 THX 5.1 Speakers

• Sony 32" W670A Full HD Television
  • ASUS ROG GR6 with two 12GB NAS Bays for Plex Media Streaming & Backups
  • Logitech G19s Keyboard, G502 Proteus Core, G430 Headset, Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
  • PlayStation 3 Super Slim and Xbox 360 connected to the GR6 for Twitch Streaming

OBLIGATORY

• Resident Cat, Isaac.

BubbaMc

Our gaming spaces are a constant work in progress, so please excuse the mess :)

The home theatre:
H80lEjd.jpg

dTE6kQp.jpg

DiSpeyX.jpg

WIIxY3Z.jpg

IVizbzN.jpg

IwbRv6T.jpg

cCEAeGd.jpg

Computer room:
jY4ydu3.jpg

M7HvApy.jpg

Network infrastructure (wiring closet):
3wxo9AN.jpg

I'll try and get hold of the wife's nice camera later and take some pics of the rooms in a more presentable state :)

reKon

Banned
Anyone have this desk or have had it in the past?

Tribesigns Modern Simple Style Computer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015R3SU38/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm thinking of going with this. Just moved to a new place I think I want to actually move my SFF PC to a separate desk to free up some space on my TV stand and have a separate area where I can more easily FPS/RTS game. Then, if I want to game from the couch, I think I can just use a Steam Link?

Anyways, let me know your thoughts on that desk above! I think this will be a good fit.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Final 2017 setup. See you in 2018:

27003426-839E-43D1-9226-061A36D9D7EE.jpg

So much cool stuff. Love the vertical screens and CRTs

Some questions

- what's running those arcade games on the vertical screens
- why not hang them on the wall, so you don't need to sit on the floor
- why both OG Famicom and AV Famicom
- I can't spot an US Super NES, do you use an adapter with the Super Famicom instead
- do you have another chair than the camping one

Yes Boss!

So much cool stuff. Love the vertical screens and CRTs

Some questions

- what's running those arcade games on the vertical screens
- why not hang them on the wall, so you don't need to sit on the floor
- why both OG Famicom and AV Famicom
- I can't spot an US Super NES, do you use an adapter with the Super Famicom instead
- do you have another chair than the camping one

The two 55" verticals are running a PS4 and a Japanese 360...since the Triple A shooter titles are on those systems.

Can't hang them because it is a temporary space and not mine and the walls are solid concrete...plus I've always just propped up big screens for fun and flexibility and simply just like sitting on the floor with a big arcade stick. Very comfortable instead of sitting in a chair or at a desk.

OG Fami is the mini version that came out last year. AV Fami is just the Fami I've used. But I have an Analogue NT hooked to the CRT on the right via Component that kinda replaced the AV Famicom. Plus, Indon't so much care for the 8-bit stuff so I more just use the AV famicom as a desk ornament.

I don't have a Super NES. I always have had Super Famis, even a year before the SNES launched. I like that style better. Only use the Super Fami for some of the games that are not on VC...Yoshi's Island, Actraiser 2, Darius Force, etc.

There is a chair but I just sit on the floor! Camping chiair is more my controller stand!

Also, this is just some of my game stuff...most has been in storage for a couple years while I was living in Asia. So, I just kinda cobbled stuff together from the random stuff I had access to. Most likely will put together my proper game room next year or the year after...but I am way way up north near the Arctic Circle in Alaska so not in any hurry. But tons of neat stuff to play!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's fun to go back and look at all the different setups Yes Boss! has had over the years. His shipping container one always impressed me with what he did with so little space.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The two 55" verticals are running a PS4 and a Japanese 360...since the Triple A shooter titles are on those systems.

Can't hang them because it is a temporary space and not mine and the walls are solid concrete...plus I've always just propped up big screens for fun and flexibility and simply just like sitting on the floor with a big arcade stick. Very comfortable instead of sitting in a chair or at a desk.

OG Fami is the mini version that came out last year. AV Fami is just the Fami I've used. But I have an Analogue NT hooked to the CRT on the right via Component that kinda replaced the AV Famicom. Plus, Indon't so much care for the 8-bit stuff so I more just use the AV famicom as a desk ornament.

I don't have a Super NES. I always have had Super Famis, even a year before the SNES launched. I like that style better. Only use the Super Fami for some of the games that are not on VC...Yoshi's Island, Actraiser 2, Darius Force, etc.

There is a chair but I just sit on the floor! Camping chiair is more my controller stand!

Also, this is just some of my game stuff...most has been in storage for a couple years while I was living in Asia. So, I just kinda cobbled stuff together from the random stuff I had access to. Most likely will put together my proper game room next year or the year after...but I am way way up north near the Arctic Circle in Alaska so not in any hurry. But tons of neat stuff to play!

That is lovely, really well curated setup and good rationale. Now I really feel like playing some Yoshi's Island and Actraiser 2, Analogue SN can't come soon enough

n0jZBl2.jpg

Forgive me not tidying up and the terrible photo, i'll get a better one when i'm all in order/work isn't tiring me out too much/I have had a good clean.

LG B655 OLED
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
XBOX One
MacBook Pro Late 2016
Astro A40 Headset
Uncharted 4 Blue PS4 Pad
And a boxed 20th Anniversary which I am scared to open :p

Edit: Sorry for the black bars...i'll crop them out and reupload if they're annoying. Feels like The Evil Within.

My smartphone is not that good for photos, but here it goes.
I still want to buy an CRT TV to play my N64 and GC games.
I also need to buy one more monitor (yes, one more) to play PC games. For now I use the PC only for racing simulators, and I need to use the lapboard (Roccat Sova) to play games.

0Oy2PMQ.jpg

xn4KNlA.jpg

2v1UX6U.jpg

BYoY8ZO.jpg

Vqik3zW.jpg

f5wVvGD.jpg

lQ5dMdP.jpg

My setup:

Racing simulator:
3x Dell S2716DG, G-Sync, 144hrz
GTX 1070, i7 4790k, 16gb
Direct Drive OSW wheel + Fanatec Formula Black
Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
Cockpit Extreme Racing Premium

Gaming:
Samsung 49KS8000
Nintendo Switch
(sold my PS4. Planning to buy a PS4 Pro)

Top Bottom