• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Pachimari

DerZuhälter;216649495 said:
Wait for FIFA demo tomorrow, no need to decide now since PES still hasn't patched the summer transfers into teams in anyway.
Well, I already decided I'm gonna buy FIFA 17. But I guess I'll wait for more impressions when it comes to PES 2017.

Bumhead

Banned
Subscribed and in for day one.

Based on the demo this honestly might be the best football game I've ever played. And I think I've played pretty much all of them since the early 90's.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got a copy on Friday and been playing it over the weekend. Feels really good to me but I am more of a FIFA player so I can't really compare PES to other years apart from 15-16. Been on some sites to grab the badges and 16/17 kits.

Shocked to find out Bayern Munich isn't in the game. :/

FIFA feels quite different for this year from what I played of the closed beta. One thing I noticed across both games is the shooting feels great and the better reactions of goalkeepers.

Pachimari

FIFA gameplay is shit. Test the demo tomorrow before deciding.

But if you are into pro clubs and FUT, i understand.
The thing is I don't even need the demo, because the online play in FIFA is good enough for me. What I need to decide on is if I also want to buy PES 2017. I would probably play it offline mostly, as I hear the online isn't as great. And with Legends players which sounds awesome.

PaulLFC

DerZuhälter;216649495 said:
Wait for FIFA demo tomorrow, no need to decide now since PES still hasn't patched the summer transfers into teams in anyway.
"Still"? The game doesn't officially launch in some countries until Thursday. They've promised a day one transfer update and weekly updates going forward.

abbyabs

Enjoyed the demo but I will wait for the free myclub version to see how it plays online first.
As last year the demo was nice but online was not great, any news on couch coop making its long awaited return?

PatjuhR

Enjoyed the demo but I will wait for the free myclub version to see how it plays online first.
As last year the demo was nice but online was not great, any news on couch coop making its long awaited return?

Couch co-op is dead. Everywhere.

Everybody seems to think people don't locally game together anymore. I miss the Community mode in PES. If either PES or FIFA had such a mode I would instantly pick that game.

Honome

You know you can play couch coop master league since pes 2015, don't you?

PaulLFC

I really enjoyed PES 2016 (gameplay) but literally spent more time editing teams and kits than I did playing the damn game.

If Option File support is as I'm expecting (download file from a website, save it to USB, transfer it to game, done) then I may well be in. Has a video been put online of how it works yet?
Video here.

Looks very quick and simple this year in comparison to last year's game.

My copy shipped from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. In regards to option files will there be any available tomorrow that don't cost any money?

Audioboxer

The fuck is wrong with these companies and their inability to port the PS4/XB1 version to PC?

It's just insane.

Feels like this practice has been happening since 2005.

PaulLFC

Looking at that database and I still can't get my head around the fact that someone on the PES team decided to include Liverpool legends but didn't add Kenny Dalglish. How?

LAM09

Looking at that database and I still can't get my head around the fact that someone on the PES team decided to include Liverpool legends but didn't add Kenny Dalglish. How?

All about money. They have to come to an agreement with both the player and club.

At least we got Owen
0fe1651b8a3aba9c9fcfe9ebbaba8330_100_100.png

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Video here.

Awesome, this might have just pushed me over the edge.

Another question. have they said much on the enhancements that the PS4 Pro will get. I saw a Japanese presentation slide that said the game will feature 'Pro' enhancements, would be interested to know to what extent they have pushed the visuals.

Bumhead

Banned
Video here.

Literally stunned by how quick that is.

I thought you'd have to import the images but still manually apply them by team etc. This looks like a couple of button presses and it auto-populates to every team.

Amazing news. Cannot wait.

PaulLFC

Literally stunned by how quick that is.

I thought you'd have to import the images but still manually apply them by team etc. This looks like a couple of button presses and it auto-populates to every team.

Amazing news. Cannot wait.
Same, I actually watched it twice like "It can't be that fast can it?" but it is. Looks like league logos have to be done separately but that's about 10 minutes work at most. So much better than last year.

tanuki

Same, I actually watched it twice like "It can't be that fast can it?" but it is. Looks like league logos have to be done separately but that's about 10 minutes work at most. So much better than last year.

It's got to be the easiest option file in any PES ever. I'm so glad too, it's actually swung my decision to buy PES this year. (The fantastic demo doesn't hurt either).

Curufinwe

It's got to be the easiest option file in any PES ever. I'm so glad too, it's actually swung my decision to buy PES this year. (The fantastic demo doesn't hurt either).

In PS2 era you just had to put the OF on your memory card and it would load everything automatically.

Bumhead

Banned
In PS2 era you just had to put the OF on your memory card and it would load everything automatically.

But even that required external hardware. Dead easy to obtain at the time and yeah easy to do, but I think this being via USB swings it. I'd agree that this looks like the easiest it's ever been.

Here are some instructions on how to import.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktefr0Si9UM

Could be added to the front page.

Definitely up for this being added to the front page.

"It has no licensing!" still seems to be THE big reason more don't take notice of PES. With the OF being this easy to apply, along with it working both on and offline (is that confirmed), both those facts need to be well visible in the OP.

Ridiculous that they are gimping the PC version yet again. I would have probably got this otherwise. Oh well, there's always next year, or the Scorpio version.

ChanMan

But even that required external hardware. Dead easy to obtain at the time and yeah easy to do, but I think this being via USB swings it. I'd agree that this looks like the easiest it's ever been.

Definitely up for this being added to the front page.

"It has no licensing!" still seems to be THE big reason more don't take notice of PES. With the OF being this easy to apply, along with it working both on and offline (is that confirmed), both those facts need to be well visible in the OP.

Kits and team emblems will show online but only for you and unless the other player has files added as well.

tanuki

But those PS2 option files would only fix player names and team names (and maybe some very basic kit editing). In order to get proper kits and logos, you needed to do some image ripping and patching and have a modded PS2. The PS4 editor is insanely user friendly for sharing in comparison.

Konami knows it has to cater to the editing crowd. Licenses are so important, this is the only way they can get around it.

NeonDelta

So that option file that cost £5, what happens when Konami patch the game? Will it undo the options file or are they going to keep updating it and emailing it out for the people that bought it?
Don't pay for an option file, all you need is a USB stick, download the files from pes world

Kazooie

Banned
Hoping I get some decent players in my free MyClub starter packs.

Had some brilliant players last year but only had Sagna from City. Hoping to get Stones and Bravo this year so I can get dat Pep passing from the back style.

Hoping the agent market thing makes this easier.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is a 2v2 online mode this year? As much as I prefer the game play of PES the fact FIFA has 2v2 seasons is really nice.

Playing 2016 with the lobby system and just trying to find 2v2 was always a ballache

LAM09

Anyone know if there is a 2v2 online mode this year? As much as I prefer the game play of PES the fact FIFA has 2v2 seasons is really nice.

Playing 2016 with the lobby system and just trying to find 2v2 was always a ballache

They're looking into patching a ranked 2v2 mode. Whether it actually happens is another story.

SCB3

I coulda swore they said that the PC version would be on par with the XBO/PS4 versions this year,

anyway cant play til friday, but I like how the OF's are even easier to use now

ChanMan

Really hope Konami brings back Stadium Editor/Creator and adds the audio/chant imports for the PS4. I still have Chuckbass' chant packs from a few years back.

Bumhead

Banned
Yeah the stadium editor kind of came and went, didn't it.

I'm hoping it's the sort of thing that will return now they've got a better handle on the basics. This years game absolutely nails the gameplay for me and it looks like they've got data editing/Option Files down. Perhaps they've bought themselves a little more dev time to commit to something like a stadium editor for next year.

gelf

Is the gameplay at all gimped in the PC version? if its just graphical downgrades then I can live with that as I really don't care about that stuff and would see it as a small price to pay for greater modding potential.

Kaizen

Is the gameplay at all gimped in the PC version? if its just graphical downgrades then I can live with that as I really don't care about that stuff and would see it as a small price to pay for greater modding potential.

it's just a graphical downgrade as far as I know.

Top Bottom