• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Reckoner

So I'm not a sneakerhead by any means, but i need a new pair of trainers and am getting bored of buying Vans and Converses, what's a nice simple good looking pair of Nike/Adidas trainers, budget £30-£90. Would take low top and high top recommendations. I don't wear flashy/extravagant trainers, I'm a simple person. What's in, I wanna be with it. Also am 28 so don't wanna look tryhard :(

Also random question, some years back on Nike's website, I bought a pair of New Orlean Saints trainers for a friend, I customised the colours and stuff but I can't for the life of me find that page again, do they not do it anymore? They had trainers based on the NFL teams in their jersey colours with team logo on the tongue and heel etc and you could customise them with NikeID. Some of them looked nice and I wanted to browse them again but can't find it :(

And I'll advocate for Asics Gel Lyte V.

You can find them reasonably cheap on sale and they are really good as daily sneakers. Great cushioning and comfort and I think they have a pleasant casual aesthetic overall. Can't go wrong.

Anyone have some suggestions for shoes with color?

Seems like almost all of my shoes are black, white, grey, or tan lol. I already got tons of ultra boosts so I really don't want anymore of those. The extent of color I have ATM is the rainbow flyknit racers and lush red NMDs

acohrs

Seems like almost all of my shoes are black, white, grey, or tan lol. I already got tons of ultra boosts so I really don't want anymore of those. The extent of color I have ATM is the rainbow flyknit racers and lush red NMDs

Do an all-red Jordan, Nike or Adidas trainer. Go well with black, grey, or blue jeans

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Am I crazy for kinda digging the alexander wang collab?

CM7823_01_standard.jpg

I really like that 3-tone sole.

I wish I could try for the KAWS collab but a guy is broke right now. Times are tuff my G.

I wonder how much resell would be. Not that I would buy but yeah lol.

Ah, bummer. I tend to do distance running, so that's disappointing to hear.

I might check out the LEs then, depending on price.

My personal NB boycott makes things hard since the Fresh Foam Zantes sound good this year, at least from what I've read online, but I'm sticking to my convictions there.

You can do some warming up at the gym with the Ultra Boosts. I did that for quite some time and it was all cool, but I'd definitely suggest you something like the Nike Pegasus 33. Bought those after researching a bit and they are really good.

Agreed that the UBs are good for warm-ups/short-form runs and definitely check out things like the Pegasus, Zoom Odysseys, or any other brands for your needs by checking out a specialized running shoe store.

For me, the LEs are perfect due to the light weight and the sock-like construction, but they do suck when the conditions are wet/muddy due to lack of traction.

And I get you about the NB boycott as I too love some of their shoes (as I own a couple of pairs) but since releasing their statement, I just can't look at their newer lifestyle shoes due to my personal feelings. Shame as they've got some great collabs right now.

My EQTs came in along with the smoke TB UB so now it's time for my updated boost rankings

Uncaged UB
Yeezy
UB
EQT
PK NMD R2/ NMD CS2
Pure Boost (2017)
PK NMD XR1
Iniki
NMD R1 mesh

Don't own any PK NMD R1s because I have 2 mesh and one wool so I can't rank those.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Got my united arrows X Mikitype X adidas tracksuit in, and now I'm kinda eyeing the City sock that was part of the collection....

Resale would put it to nearly double retail though, especially with australian shipping. :(

Asics, Karhu, Puma. All have sneakers with fairly vibrant colour palettes. Diversify your collection, no point having sneakers from just one or two brands.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I put a pair of Nike Air Max color changing sneakers in the washing machine and now they don't change color in the sun anymore. Is my life over?

My EQTs came in along with the smoke TB UB so now it's time for my updated boost rankings

Uncaged UB
Yeezy
UB
EQT
PK NMD R2/ NMD CS2
Pure Boost (2017)
PK NMD XR1
Iniki
NMD R1 mesh

Don't own any PK NMD R1s because I have 2 mesh and one wool so I can't rank those.

I'm still somewhat new to boost but my rankings from what I've worn so far

Yeezy 350 v2
Pk NMD R2
Pk NMD R1
Mesh NMD R1

Every time I wear the 350s I am amazed at how comfortable they are. That being said, I haven't tried a UB on yet.

I'm still somewhat new to boost but my rankings from what I've worn so far

Yeezy 350 v2
Pk NMD R2
Pk NMD R1
Mesh NMD R1

Every time I wear the 350s I am amazed at how comfortable they are. That being said, I haven't tried a UB on yet.

UB's are definitely up there in terms of comfort! Although I've never tried the Yeezy's on, I have a couple of PK NMD r1's and mesh - the UB do have superior comfort.

I was watching a youtube video that made me think that the difference may really just come down to the insole in the yeezy's and UB?

EDIT: I've been thinking a lot about selling my black tri-color NMD's. I just went to Canada to visit my parents and brought them with me - I figured it would be good to sell in Canada since they apparently super hard to come by. As far as price, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Brand new on GOAT size 10.5US is around $250+shipping USD's.
Essentially, I'm asking that if you were to buy a used pair of these shoes, what would you feel comfortable paying?

Sch1sm

UB's are definitely up there in terms of comfort! Although I've never tried the Yeezy's on, I have a couple of PK NMD r1's and mesh - the UB do have superior comfort.

I was watching a youtube video that made me think that the difference may really just come down to the insole in the yeezy's and UB?

EDIT: I've been thinking a lot about selling my black tri-color NMD's. I just went to Canada to visit my parents and brought them with me - I figured it would be good to sell in Canada since they apparently super hard to come by. As far as price, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Brand new on GOAT size 10.5US is around $250+shipping USD's.
Essentially, I'm asking that if you were to buy a used pair of these shoes, what would you feel comfortable paying?

That's entirely dependent on condition.

Surprisingly, I find myself with a couple of NMDs and a Tubular X but no Ultraboosts. Never found one that I really loved (and was a wider release).

suplex

No royals reserve for me.

I'm sure they'll reserve me something I don't want next week.

With only having a 7 min head start on the apps I doubt I have a chance there, so it's online or bust Saturday morning.

New002

These ultra boosts releasing Saturday 10ET, I think I just might grab the brown/white uncaged.

Top one is up on the Adidas site. Lighting is different but I think that's the one? Didn't have my size so had to put an order in with Footlocker. Backordered with an estimated shipping date of 4/07.

Edit: Sch1sm are the ones you posted different? I may have jumped the gun so my apologies if so!

soultron

Banned
So my guess is the Haven UBs are gonna be 280 CAD? lol fuck me might just skip

Just read on twitter they're trying to implement measures against bots. Nice, hope it works.

EDIT: this AFEW x Diadoro joint looks interesting. If not the shoe itself, the packaging is very on-theme.

Sch1sm

Top one is up on the Adidas site. Lighting is different but I think that's the one? Didn't have my size so had to put an order in with Footlocker. Backordered with an estimated shipping date of 4/07.

Edit: Sch1sm are the ones you posted different? I may have jumped the gun so my apologies if so!

Oh, this is weird. I brought my desktop up after a while away and I guess it posted that when I meant to a while ago. Those are the restocks from last week, I'm 99% sure. I even did get those brown/white uncaged shipped in and everything - wearing them today, looool. My fault.

E: Turns out those kicks are all dropping in Canada through SportChek this Saturday, though, for any Canadians who wanted them. Two UB uncaged, and a regular model. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Absolutely, forgot to mention that (important) fact. Essentially worn 5-6 times in good weather conditions - so they are in great condition. I get OCD about sneakers getting dirty.

And which tri colour? Either way, even new you wouldn't get $250 USD for them up in Canada. I've been watching them for a long time. People are selling them used for like $20 or so under that, but they're not exactly being bought out. I'd never spend $330 CAD on a shoe, though, that's just me. I'd probably bite at the lower USD$200 range, or heavily debate it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

Jordan 31 Low Oreo. April 15th. $160~ I like them.

New002

Oh, this is weird. I brought my desktop up after a while away and I guess it posted that when I meant to a while ago. Those are the restocks from last week, I'm 99% sure. I even did get those brown/white uncaged shipped in and everything - wearing them today, looool. My fault.

E: Turns out those kicks are all dropping in Canada through SportChek this Saturday, though, for any Canadians who wanted them. Two UB uncaged, and a regular model. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And which tri colour? Either way, even new you wouldn't get $250 USD for them up in Canada. I've been watching them for a long time. People are selling them used for like $20 or so under that, but they're not exactly being bought out. I'd never spend $330 CAD on a shoe, though, that's just me. I'd probably bite at the lower USD$200 range, or heavily debate it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

---

Jordan 31 Low Oreo. April 15th. $160~ I like them.

Nice! How do they look? I couldn't find any on-foot shots :(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

These are really nice, and would make a nice gift for my SO (who happens to be Filipino) if he'd wear anything other than black, white, and grey lol

this AFEW x Diadoro joint looks interesting. If not the shoe itself, the packaging is very on-theme.

Love love love these. The colorway and packaging is on point, and although I'm not really familiar with Diadora, the silhouette seems pretty close to the Gel Lyte and Pumas that I always wear.

Anyone know what I SHOULD be paying for BIN/DS Jordan 11 Space Jams ?

Or even a pair that's been worn once or twice but is basically brand new?

EDIT: Because this shit looks too good to be true: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Nike-a...593875?hash=item3d371c1b13:g:b1AAAOSwnHZYbsW8

Looking at those pics versus the official images, it seems like the back heels are off, but I can't tell because of the angle on the pictures in the auction.

Also seems like the peeks are too large, and looking at the seller's history, he's sold crazy retros for well below market price.

soultron

Banned
Anyone know what I SHOULD be paying for BIN/DS Jordan 11 Space Jams ?

Or even a pair that's been worn once or twice but is basically brand new?

EDIT: Because this shit looks too good to be true: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Nike-a...593875?hash=item3d371c1b13:g:b1AAAOSwnHZYbsW8

Looking at those pics versus the official images, it seems like the back heels are off, but I can't tell because of the angle on the pictures in the auction.

Also seems like the peeks are too large, and looking at the seller's history, he's sold crazy retros for well below market price.

I'm definitely not a J's guy, but the back of the right foot outsole in the last picture just doesn't look right to me, especially compared to the left foot in the same shot. Seems suspect.

They're crisp in this picture
but they're sloppy in the ebay shot.

I'm definitely not a J's guy, but the back of the right foot outsole in the last picture just doesn't look right to me, especially compared to the left foot in the same shot. Seems suspect.

They're crisp in this picture

but they're sloppy in the ebay shot.

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. The heels look really off, but again can't tell if because they're not a straight-on picture.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. The heels look really off, but again can't tell if because they're not a straight-on picture.

I'm watching this right now, hope it helps if you've not seen it yet: https://youtu.be/1C-0YkDCkko

To be safe, I'm sure you could ask for better pics (better lighting and maybe a newspaper with a recent date on it and his username marked on it?).

Man, watching the video has me even more confused. They are starting to look real now, the more I watch the video.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Aint believing those with today being 1st of April. :p

The colorway is the opposite of the Belugas. Orange/Blue.

No royals reserve for me.

I'm sure they'll reserve me something I don't want next week.

With only having a 7 min head start on the apps I doubt I have a chance there, so it's online or bust Saturday morning.

Hug.

I entered five to six raffles got no calls back. No Nike+ reservation. I'll try for my RoyaL tomorrow but I'm willing to pay the resell. Sucks that I might have to but it's the same b.s. with these 1 releases.

Top Bottom