• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

xHiryu

My first pair of Js oh my god

C8VSkFuVYAEu54p.jpg:large

Am I doing it right, guys

sneaker gawds blessed the rookie

giga

Yo why the hell is the Flyknit Racer so narrow at the heel? Do they expect me to run in these when I feel like I'm wearing high heels?

golem

Woke up randomly right before 7 so said what the heck and copped the AW BBalls. Cant wait to see what they look like in hand

Reckoner

Yo why the hell is the Flyknit Racer so narrow at the heel? Do they expect me to run in these when I feel like I'm wearing high heels?

It's a sneaker for narrow feet only honestly. You can size up a bit to make things bearable, but the reason we people are so stubborn with them is not for comfort but for looks.

suplex

I just got through at shoepalace a little while ago so keep trying there if you're still looking.

It's a pain in the ass though. You'll keep getting the 2 minute timer and if you manage you get in cart you'll get checkout errors.

If you persistent it may pay off.

soultron

Banned
Anyone seeing the silver/black and all-black spiridions going on sale anywhere? Doubt it will happen with the all-white ones dropping soon but I'm crossing my fingers. Really want the silver/black ones but not at $190 CAD.

Anyone seeing the silver/black and all-black spiridions going on sale anywhere? Doubt it will happen with the all-white ones dropping soon but I'm crossing my fingers. Really want the silver/black ones but not at $190 CAD.
You'll have trouble finding the silvers on sale, they sold out fairly quickly everywhere. Depending on your size you might be able to find the blacks though if your lucky.

soultron

Banned
You'll have trouble finding the silvers on sale, they sold out fairly quickly everywhere. Depending on your size you might be able to find the blacks though if your lucky.

The silver/black ones (red swoosh) seem to be available in every size in the usual spots I check, but they're still at full price. I agree the all-silvers are going to sell out super fast when they get released, if that's the CW you're speaking of.

E: this is the CW I'm after.

The silver/black ones (red swoosh) seem to be available in every size in the usual spots I check, but they're still at full price. I agree the all-silvers are going to sell out super fast when they get released, if that's the CW you're speaking of.

E: this is the CW I'm after.
I was referring the silver/blacks. They sold out everywhere here in the UK and at most EU spots (Where they were more expensive anyway). Guess in the US/Canada Spiridons aren't as popular? Would make sense.

giga

It's a sneaker for narrow feet only honestly. You can size up a bit to make things bearable, but the reason we people are so stubborn with them is not for comfort but for looks.
UBs have me spoiled. Looks and comfort in one so I guess I'll have to return em even though they do like great.

Kal

In London this weekend, tried on Air VaporMax and Pureboost 2017. Air VaporMax is less comfy than the Ultraboost but more comfy than the Pureboost. Did not like the new Pureboost at all compared to the Pureboost ZG, just not as comfortable and as much support IMO. Going to return my TB Pureboost ltd when I get them.

Didn't get the Air VaporMax as I don't like the Platinum CW but will wait for a good deal on the TB or a nicer CW

Are the VaporMax shoes still in stock? Going to London tomorrow and I might try to get a pair of 11s and return my 11.5s. Where did you find them?

Was planning on getting the triple black Pureboost but I was worried they won't be comfortable. Might snag a pair of Ultraboosts instead.

Wound up getting on the waitlist on the Footlocker app, but still no go.

I missed in 2013 and the only reason I didn't pay resell is I couldn't bring myself to pay near $300 for a pair of shoes I couldn't be sure was legit. With places like Stockx around now, I will probably pay resale if I have to this time.

These do seem more plentiful than 2013 so hopefully I won't have to and snkrs comes through tomorrow.

I guess I can't complain too much, I got Chicagos on the draw, my wife got breds on the draw, and I also got black toes for retail.

How'd you do bro?

In 2013, Royals were scarce. And back then, no one was willing to pay the resell...course it shot up to $600+ on the resell market.

Bred 2013s came along and the 1 game change. OGs now command high prices. Remember going around stores and buying the Chicago 2013 abomination and Shadows (got like three pairs).

I never have luck on the Nike draw.

I managed to buy two pair on FNL today. But nothing is guaranteed until it shows up to your door.

acohrs

Are the VaporMax shoes still in stock? Going to London tomorrow and I might try to get a pair of 11s and return my 11.5s. Where did you find them?

Was planning on getting the triple black Pureboost but I was worried they won't be comfortable. Might snag a pair of Ultraboosts instead.

Both JDs on Oxford St had them in UK10. Nike town didn't have much stock left.

The problem with the PureBoost for me is that they don't provide as much support as the ZGs. The sole is roughly the same, more boost actually on the 2017 model though. Between UB and PB though I'd go for UB, the Adidas on Oxford St has a wide collection.

Kal

Both JDs on Oxford St had them in UK10. Nike town didn't have much stock left.

The problem with the PureBoost for me is that they don't provide as much support as the ZGs. The sole is roughly the same, more boost actually on the 2017 model though. Between UB and PB though I'd go for UB, the Adidas on Oxford St has a wide collection.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll definitely be hitting up Oxford St tomorrow :)

Yeah these Royals are A1. Strong fucking glue smell inside but no excess glue outside. Leather is good.

I'd pay 300 for these. No more tho.

Wow, told myself I'd take a break from sneakers. Haven't bought shoes in months yet I walked in my local ftl and they had a pair in my size that had yet to be picked up. What are the odds..

LPRSbRol.jpg

Wow, told myself I'd take a break from sneakers. Haven't bought shoes in months yet I walked in my local ftl and they had a pair in my size that had yet to be picked up. What are the odds..

LPRSbRol.jpg

Lucky. I'm in the situation. I said if I didn't get them but whatever. But you can't beat retail so no way could I turn it down.

soultron

Banned
HAVEN UB dropping in <5 min.

This was the URL lolllllll this is how they said they were protecting against bots.

C8X5zCaXcAE7SJq.jpg

They also only had 20 fucking pairs for the online release.

What a goddamned mess.

suplex

How'd you do bro?

In 2013, Royals were scarce. And back then, no one was willing to pay the resell...course it shot up to $600+ on the resell market.

Bred 2013s came along and the 1 game change. OGs now command high prices. Remember going around stores and buying the Chicago 2013 abomination and Shadows (got like three pairs).

I never have luck on the Nike draw.

I managed to buy two pair on FNL today. But nothing is guaranteed until it shows up to your door.

Managed to double up.

I had the FNL product page open before release, so as SNKRS was acting stupid I refreshed that page and got through quick.

When SNKRS finally smartened up both my wife and I got the L there.

After that I kept trying to add to cart at SP as I went about my day, finally got in cart and after several checkout attempts got an order through.

I already got a shipping notice from FNL so I'm happy.

I think at this point all I need is the SBBs. Not sure if I can bring myself to pay resell for those. Shadows would be nice, I had and sold the 2009s.

kasane

NdC ca hasnt even put the stock back up

It was an absolute nightmare that realse was stupid, javelle mcgee level stupids.

Come one now MJ

Reckoner

Finding Asics Cove at a decent price is getting difficult. These dudes looking for 250 euros plus shipping for some Asics. Cray

Hitta93

Banned
My 1 collection over 5ish years. Most for retail. A couple for resell. One (2013 royals) UA fakes that I got played for. And the rest are customs that I did myself. Trying to clean my room a bit.
Would love to own a pair of Black Toes and Shadows(2017 release hopefully).

Great collection.

So apparently the Satin Royal 1s released at Walters, a shoe store down here in ATL if you haven't heard about it in rap songs lol, yesterday too. I didn't even know and couldn't go anyway but they said 600ish people went and they had 300 pairs. Lined up since Friday.

I grabbed the Royals yesterday but I can't say im too happy with em, they look bulkier than my other remastered 1s, and the shade of blue is throwing me off. Might just try to trade for some AM1 Masters.

Murkas

FFS new trainers are too small :(

Kinda annoying because I doubled checked my size with another pair of Adidas trainers that I had. Didn't realise how one brand can have the same size number be different sizes amongst their shoe types.
Also doesn't help that I have wide feet :(

Just incase anyone was interested in the UK. Very are doing the Air Force 1 Mid leather in full black for £40 with discount code KXVL6.

I'd get those but I've heard nothing but awful things about buying from Very.

soultron

Banned
So apparently the Satin Royal 1s released at Walters, a shoe store down here in ATL if you haven't heard about it in rap songs lol, yesterday too. I didn't even know and couldn't go anyway but they said 600ish people went and they had 300 pairs. Lined up since Friday.

Saw shots of these and they look way nicer than the current Royal 1 everyone is taking Ls on. &#128064;&#128064;&#128064;

Top Bottom