• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 gets Orthros (Ultros) + Typhon boss DLC, Mass Effect 3 costumes

wait for the the ultimate edition. JRPG DLC. wut will they think of next.

also bet they're churning this shit out because of FFXIII-2 bomba. its $30.20 imported from the UK.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Best Ultros ever. Can't wait to put a hat on Ultros.

Waiting for the 3D renders to come out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Scary as heck :3

frequency

I don't know if I'm looking at the same thing as everyone else, but Ultros looks like how I'd expect him to look in 3D. Not really weird or anything.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Such a perfect octopus

hm.

That was infinitely more enjoyable than it had any right to be.

duckroll

Ultros + Typhon will be 300 yen, the same price as previous boss DLCs. There are a few interesting comments about how the battle takes place, and they confirm that Ultros WILL be voiced, but Typhon will not. Typhon's crystal drop rate is 15%, while Ultros has a 100% crystal drop rate if you perfect the Cinematic Action at the end of the fight.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Lol, I've seen Ultros in the japanese magazine, and it's so funny looking at it. They're clearly doing an exceptional work with fan-service here considering the love they show to the franchise through this additions and their perfect 3d renderings. I'd like Final Fantasy to omage his past a little bit more like this in the future :p

About Mass Effect's costumes... they probably think that Bioware and Square Enix to a certain extent share the same players. But as usual, releasing costumes so late it's pretty senseless. Does this mean btw that ME is going to feature downloadable XIII's costumes in the future?

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Hello Gaf!

My name is Robert Allen Peeler and I'm the Community Manager at Square Enix! Today we're releasing our Commander Shepard N7 Armour Designs for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 as well as our Ultros & Typhon Coliseum Battle DLC!

In celebration of this great collaboration with Bioware, as well as the release of such nostalgic content from FINAL FANTASY VI, we wanted to give more players an opportunity to get a head start on the DLC content available for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2!

At 12:30 PM PST we'll be dropping codes for many of our past DLC items freely here on this thread (or a new one if an admin can create it for me)! It's first-come first-serve so be sure to get here fast and claim your code!

Good luck, and I hope this inspires you to pick up the latest DLC offerings for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2!

-Robert Allen Peeler
@SQEX_MEMBERS_NA

(PS sorry I didn't create a new thread, admin, wanna help me make a new thread?)

Niks

Hello Gaf!

My name is Robert Allen Peeler and I'm the Community Manager at Square Enix! Today we're releasing our Commander Shepard N7 Armour Designs for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 as well as our Ultros & Typhon Coliseum Battle DLC!

In celebration of this great collaboration with Bioware, as well as the release of such nostalgic content from FINAL FANTASY VI, we wanted to give more players an opportunity to get a head start on the DLC content available for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2!

At 12:30 PM PST we'll be dropping codes for many of our past DLC items freely here on this thread (or a new one if an admin can create it for me)! It's first-come first-serve so be sure to get here fast and claim your code!

Good luck, and I hope this inspires you to pick up the latest DLC offerings for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2!

-Robert Allen Peeler
@SQEX_MEMBERS_NA

(PS sorry I didn't create a new thread, admin, wanna help me make a new thread?)

wat?
Awesome if true... but is this allowed?

anyways im in.

Skilletor

I picked up 13-2 last night (it dropped to 40 bucks at gamestop) in preparation for the Lightning DLC.

How far into the game is the Colosseum?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello Gaf!

-Robert Allen Peeler
@SQEX_MEMBERS_NA

Hello Mr Square Enix Community Guy.

I put over 200 hours in FF12. Over 100 hours in FF13. Over 100 hours in FF13-2. Over 100 hours in FF8.

I love the series :)

Please share the codes (EU ones as well!).

Thanks!

rataven

Neat! Don't think I've seen this on GAF before, but if it's allowed, I'm in.

I picked up 13-2 last night (it dropped to 40 bucks at gamestop) in preparation for the Lightning DLC.

How far into the game is the Colosseum?

Enjoy! XIII-2's just kind of silly and fun and bonkers.

Top Bottom