• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any advice on wireless headsets for PC gaming? (Arctis 7/Logitech G933/Corsair Void?)

Looking to get a PC headset and have been leaning towards wireless for a long time now. The freedom of movement and range are big factors for me over comparative wired headsets.
Obviously one department where wireless sets struggle is mic quality. I'd like to make a decent compromise in this area, however, and I'm looking at spending ~£150, absolute maximum £200.

Now here's the problem... of the ones I've researched (Arctis 7/Logitech G933/Corsair Void). none in particular stand out as superior. Does this make my choice easier or harder? I'm leaning towards the latter. I've had my eyes on the Arctis 7 for a while now, mostly due to aesthetics, but I'm still really undecided.

So... any tips and recommendations? Any personal experiences with wireless headsets? Or am I seriously missing out paying ~£150 for a wireless set when I could get a super-duper wired alternative? (I've got to ask...)

mikelink

I just bought a G933 yesterday and I'm liking it a lot. Great range and battery life, with clear mic quality.

I've got a Razer Man O' War cause I'm one of those Chroma people but it's really comfy, Wireless and has pretty good sound. I also have a Pair of Wireless Astro A50 gen 3's for my Xbox. Really good sound quality, has a PC option but less comfortable and the mic isn't amazing.

Just want to slide this in now: Many of us would recommend an alternative solution:

Quality pair of headphones

+

Modmic (https://antlionaudio.com/)

If you're looking to spend that much, you can get a pair of headphones that will offer superior audio quality for everything from gaming to music and movies (most gaming headsets are trash for music and movies) and a high quality mic that you can detach at your leisure.

The number of really good headphones in your price range is pretty big. I'd strongly recommend it as opposed to buying a gaming headset.

My bro got a Corsair Void RGB for super cheap by stacking discounts. The microphone worked for about ten minutes and then didn't anymore.

Just want to slide this in now: Many of us would recommend an alternative solution:

Quality pair of headphones

+

Modmic (https://antlionaudio.com/)

If you're looking to spend that much, you can get a pair of headphones that will offer superior audio quality for everything from gaming to music and movies (most gaming headsets are trash for music and movies) and a high quality mic that you can detach at your leisure.

The number of really good headphones in your price range is pretty big. I'd strongly recommend it as opposed to buying a gaming headset.

The reason for purchase is the mic - I have a pair of monitors for audio quality (music and movies etc.). I guess that makes a desktop mic more of an alternative?

My bro got a Corsair Void RGB for super cheap by stacking discounts. The microphone worked for about ten minutes and then didn't anymore.

Good to know!

Miker

I got a Void RGB in the Best Buy sale and I've had no such issues. It's pretty simple to set up and its audio isn't bad. Bit lacking in bass, maybe. Sometimes it's just nice to have a wireless all in one headset. I will say that I'm not a huge fan of the weird rhomboid ear cups. I got it for $10 tho.

I have the Arctis 7. It's my first wireless headset, so I can't really compare it to others. That said, I really like it. I appreciate the retractable mic, easy to reach mute button (with an easy to see red light on the end of the mic), and its comfort. There's a volume control on one ear and a voice vs. game volume on the other. This is really handy.

The one negative thing I have to say, and others might find this to be a positive note, is that it really cuts outside noise. If I play something for a couple of hours, I feel pretty weird when I finally take the headset off. Hard to describe, but it's not that big of a deal.

Got a arctis steel series 7 a few months back. Love it. Super comfy, great sound.

I have the Arctis 7. It's my first wireless headset, so I can't really compare it to others. That said, I really like it. I appreciate the retractable mic, easy to reach mute button (with an easy to see red light on the end of the mic), and its comfort. There's a volume control on one ear and a voice vs. game volume on the other. This is really handy.

The one negative thing I have to say, and others might find this to be a positive note, is that it really cuts outside noise. If I play something for a couple of hours, I feel pretty weird when I finally take the headset off. Hard to describe, but it's not that big of a deal.

Both good reviews. The chat mix dial is a really convenient addition. How's the head band? It looks kinda weird but hear it's okay?

Exuro

I got the corsair void wireless headset for like $10 from bestbuy. Seems to work fairly well. I wish the mic was more malleable/bendy as it's really close to my lips though.

Dark-VIII

Was about to ask the same question,thanks OP.

Since my Sony gold got broken for no reason i need to get a new wireless headset to work on both Ps4 and PC

Any recommendation?

scurker

My headset has been having issues for a while, so I've been considering a new headset. Now that the Switch supports audio over USB I think it's time for me to start looking at wireless headphones.

I've mainly been looking at the Steelseries Arctis 7 or the Siberia 800 (which is currently on sale for $229). Can anyone verify that either of those work with the Switch or have any recommendations? Right now the Arctis 7 looks more appealing given the price and that the speaker drivers are the same as the 800. I'm not sure if having the multiple inputs & swappable batteries is worth the $80+ cost difference.

Edit: Found this on steelseries' site that mentions that both the 7 and the 800 work on on the Switch pre firmware 4.0.

Top Bottom