• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney (3DS, Level 5 x Capcom) announced [Full Trailer 633]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Willy105 said:
*reads title*

WHAT THE HECK THIS IS AMAZING

I think it's true. I remember the guys who made The Lion King were worried that the Japanese (?) audience did not react at all to the movie, so they thought they didn't like it. As it turns out, they later told them that silence was the greatest honor they could give to it, or something like that.

Most Japanese people I know don't like Lion King because it rips off Tezuka's "Kimba The White Lion" fucking wholesale.

That said, that's not why they didn't react. Japanese audiences are usually totally silent during movies. I always hated being the only guy laughing my ass off during movies. :\

7Th

I'm very excited for this game, but I'm sure my sister will die from the happiness. Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are by far her two favorite gaming franchises!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
dW2UU.gif

Mardak said:
I wonder if it'll be one big episode or multiple separate trials like the other Ace Attorney games..
The information so far pretty much specify that Phoenix has to take care of the witchcraft trial and help the girl. I doubt this will lead to many different cases.

Ordered Layton 3 after seeing this announcement. I was going to buy it later, once I cleared my backlog out a bit, but who cares? Must show support for both series.

BlueWord

This is excellent, really excellent.

I still want GS5, though. Hopefully this re-ignites Takumi's interest in the series.

7Th

The story reminds me a little bit of Princess Tutu's, but I'm sure Drosselmayer wasn't the first evil tyrannical writer with the ability to turn his stories into reality.

thetrin said:
That said, that's not why they didn't react. Japanese audiences are usually totally silent during movies. I always hated being the only guy laughing my ass off during movies. :\

I remember reading Gainax saying that they loved the American screenings of the Gurren-Lagann movies because the audience was cheering and laughing the whole time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll be very happy if Layton and Luke solve puzzles to gain clues for Phoenix to use as evidence in court. OH MAN!

thetrin said:
I'll be very happy if Layton and Luke solve puzzles to gain clues for Phoenix to use as evidence in court. OH MAN!
How great would it be if the game starts with Layton or Luke being accused of whatever and Phoenix has to defend them in court. Like this would be introductory case where the two parties come together for the rest of the game. Aww yeah, that would be great. :lol

LiK

RocketDarkness said:
Ordered Layton 3 after seeing this announcement. I was going to buy it later, once I cleared my backlog out a bit, but who cares? Must show support for both series.

good on you! best game in the series by far.

Tiktaalik

Makes sense now why Inafune was praising Level 5 so much back when he was trashing the rest of the Japanese game industry at TGS.

thetrin

marc^o^ said:
3DS is going to ruin us. Be warned.
It will be the most delicious apocalypse. My body is ready.

LiK

Tiktaalik said:
Makes sense now why Inafune was praising Level 5 so much back when he was trashing the rest of the Japanese game industry at TGS.

confirms to me that Level-5 came up with this idea and can fuckin' do it.

I read the first half of the title and thought (sigh) "another comparison/argument". Then I finished the sentence, and was like WHAT THE F!!!!!!!! MUST HAVE.

Someone please photoshop this into 1 image!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is like if Santa Claus and baby Jesus came to your home on top of a raptor and brought your dog back to life.
This is like if Maradona and Pelé grew young again and teamed up for the Earth National Team to play in the Football Galactic Cup.
This is like if Freddie Mercury rose from the grave and Zombie Queen invited lady Gaga for a performance at Wembley Stadium.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Holy shit 3DS I love you.
Looks like it's time to get into the Layton series. Ace Attorney is like my favorite series ever.

So excited. Yes. YEESSSS! :D

What an amazing thing to wake up to.

What's cool is, when this is localized, it should be the first time we'll get to hear English voice acting for Phoenix Wright and Maya.

Choppasmith said:
What's cool is, when this is localized, it should be the first time we'll get to hear English voice acting for Phoenix Wright and Maya.
That's right, but there's also a lot of potential to screw up. :I

LiK

The_Technomancer said:
Wow, surprised at all of the Layton-green people in here. Its really a fantastic series.

indeed, hopefully this crossover will make them discover the awesomeness of Layton

miksar

It can't be. It just can't be.

If I understand it correctly, Phoenix won't be against Layton in the courtroom, they'll be helping each other investigating. So who will be the prosecutor then? I hope for sudden Manfred von Karma appearance.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Choppasmith said:
Oh fuck, that's not cool... now you kinda have me bummed. I don't want them talk. I kinda like the low budget presentation in Ace Attorney.

Oh who am I kidding?
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

The_Technomancer said:
Wow, surprised at all of the Layton-green people in here. Its really a fantastic series.
I sometimes frustrated by the puzzles. I must be stupid because most people think they are easy. I actually played some of the first, and I didn't really think it was the game for me.

But now it will have to be the game for me because it is involved with Ace Attorney. :D

LiK

miksar said:
It can't be. It just can't be.

If I understand it correctly, Phoenix won't be against Layton in the courtroom, they'll be helping each other investigating. So who will be the prosecutor then? I hope for sudden Manfred von Karma appearance.

that prosecutor must be a fuckin' monster for them to have to team up. any guess guys? new character or another team up?

Top Bottom