• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

New002

Mine just shipped.

They said it'll be same-day delivery, so I'm psyched.

Yeah I didn't get a shipment notification until after 9pm. Turns out it's coming from one state over and is currently 30 minutes away, set to deliver tomorrow. Phew. Just played a match and I'm itching for those bumpers.

Caja 117

The paddle mapping is a blesing, playing halo 5now and mapped sprint in one of the paddles, is just makes thing more comfortable.

I've played a good 5 hours of Halo 5 Arena and absolutely love the controller.

Still getting used to the paddles thoughthough, my reaction is currently quicker using the face buttons as that is second nature. If I force myself to try one of the paddles instead I have to stop and think for a split second.

It will come in time though, with plenty of practice.

I regret not getting this when it was only £75 at Amazon. £120 seems way too expensive whereas I feel like I can somewhat justify £75...

beeswax

Well my wireless adapter from Game just arrived, now just waiting on Amazon Logistics for the actual controller!

I also hit up Amazon live chat about the pre-order price guarantee because although I think it was an error, I did see it at about £75 on the My Orders page at one point. They firstly corrected me that the lowest price during my order was £63.10 and then processed a refund to my card for the difference. Bargain!

Rewind

Man best buy is the best for people in Alaska. Like the only company that gives release date shipping, and it's free. Was worried my controller wasn't going to ship on time but they sent it overnight, should be here by 12pm lol.

$200 and not releasing till the 6th of November...

& yet I've been looking at the EB games order page for about 4 hours now...

Tell me about it. I keep waiting for the date to be brought forward considering the US and UK have already released them.

Looks like I'm still attending EB for the BO3 launch to pick up my Elite bundle.

Yaari

The site I ordered from, back in June, has removed the controller from their site. My order still exists but I'm not very hopeful about it anymore.

Hawk269

The paddle mapping is a blesing, playing halo 5now and mapped sprint in one of the paddles, is just makes thing more comfortable.

Good idea. I been having problems, so I think I will do that, would make it much easier.

My Gamestop had about 150 people for Halo 5, they only had 13 Elite Controller for only the 13 that reserved it. When I went to pay it off, they had started a waiting list...they had about 20 names on (in case someone decided not to get there pre-order). I know it is just one store, but demand seems to be there.

I have gun switch on the right lower paddle and keep accidently switching guns in the heat of the battle. Think I will re-do that. I just used the preset profile that the App had for Halo 5. Think I will totally remap, use your idea for sprint and perhaps but melee on one like Stinkles said he did.

BTW...Loving the controller. Expensive, but worth it so far. Going to mess with using the higher sticks tomorrow to see how it feels.

Vooduu

VQc5dAM.gif

Nice

iMax

Someone in the older topic posted that you can reserve one from Argos (click and collect). I can confirm this to be the case, most of the stores around me seem to have them in.

None of the stores around me do :(

Checked a few cities out of interest and they seem out of stock too.

So far I haven't found any store with them in stock in Cleveland. Dude at target said none of the stores in the area have them. I'm gonna check my local toysrus and bestbuy when they open.

T.O.P

Banned
Getting mine on friday :D

Someone cancelled their pre-order and i decided to bite in the heat of the moment

bye bye 150€

Still on the fence. I cancelled my Elite console, but can't get the controller out of my head. Then again, this year, the only game I will play on the XboxOne is Halo 5 and maybe Tomb Raider. The multiplats are mostly played on that other console. Kind of hard to justify the purchase, but jeez....it looks so damn awesome.

Don't think I'm gonna find this anywhere in the UK.

i'm in the states and I have had no luck so far. Im regretting not preordering but my scuf broke last night. i had one in my cart at best buy for pickup in store thursday i cancelled it and now it says november 3rd lol.

Chorazin

Still on the fence. I cancelled my Elite console, but can't get the controller out of my head. Then again, this year, the only game I will play on the XboxOne is Halo 5 and maybe Tomb Raider. The multiplats are mostly played on that other console. Kind of hard to justify the purchase, but jeez....it looks so damn awesome.

I feel like if Halo 5 is going to be one of two games you'll play on the platform, the controller is a wise investment. You're gonna be playing Halo 5 for a loooooong time if you're a MP person, and those paddles tho.

Can't wait to finally get my hands on the controller after work!

I feel like if Halo 5 is going to be one of two games you'll play on the platform, the controller is a wise investment. You're gonna be playing Halo 5 for a loooooong time if you're a MP person, and those paddles tho.

Can't wait to finally get my hands on the controller after work!

I don't know how much time I will able to put in the MP. There are so many great games coming up... Thanks for the advice anyway and enjoy your awesome controller 😉

mcmudman

Neo Member
I really should've just pre-ordered. Oops. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. If anyone sees any on store shelves near the dallas fort worth area if you could just pm me and let me know i'll be eternally grateful! :) If not, I guess it just wasn't meant to be yet. Looking forward to seeing more impressions and thoughts from everyone though!

Manac0r

So Microsoft UK store now allows me to pre-order the controller but makes no reference to date. Prior to this it just said out of stock...

Yaari

So Microsoft UK store now allows me to pre-order the controller but makes no reference to date. Prior to this it just said out of stock...

I see complains about that on Twitter and they are redirecting people to XboxUK and mention orders will be filled according to availability. So don't put too much value into that website I guess.

Edit: So I contact this Dutch website and they tell me there's only a few on the way. They mention a problem with production, and they are expecting their supply at the end of November. Wtf?

Guess I should not expect to be receiving mine anytime soon. Surely this is a different shop than the one I ordered mine from, but that sounds bad.

Eric WK

"At local FedEx facility"

Put the damn thing on a truck already. This is far more important than anything else these guys could possibly be doing this morning.

Pjsprojects

Anyone know if the innards are stronger? I now have two X1 controllers with left stick drift and don't want to buy an Elite if it's the exact same parts inside.

Top Bottom