• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

glaurung

I was unhappy with the first iteration of the controller for Xbox One.

But then I received my Lunar White, updated XO controller and it is pretty damn good. Postponing the Elite purchase when I deem it necessary (Forza Horizon 3, I am looking at you).

Got to the Microsoft store soon after they opened and two guys were already buying a couple, but luckily there was still one left on the shelf.

Nemesis_

Can someone explain to me what the paddles are and how they improve things? I understand the trigger lock things......just not the paddles.

;_;

Jrs3000

Can someone explain to me what the paddles are and how they improve things? I understand the trigger lock things......just not the paddles.

;_;

Paddles on the bottom of controller that can serve the function as face buttons meaning no need to move thumbs off sticks for anything.

Zyae

;_;

Think of them like the Z button on the N64 controller. Lets you use a button without moving your thumbs off the sticks

krang

Think of them like the Z button on the N64 controller. Lets you use a button without moving your thumbs off the sticks

I guess if you use the claw-hold
like a freak
jk
but not really, it's weird
...you don't get the benefit of paddles.

The Flash

Banned
If you're still looking for one and have a Twitter account, be sure to follow Wario64. He'll link a store if it shows it's available.

DirtyLarry

Posted in the other thread not realizing this thread was created, so as an FYI for anyone else that is looking for one like I was who did not pre order, I ordered it about 3 hours ago through the Best Buy Website, it said Store Pickup would be Fri 30th or Free Expedited delivery would be tomorrow the 28th. Not holding my breath it will actually arrive by tomorrow, but I did order it straight away.

For those with out a preorder I was able to find one at my local microsoft store in beachwood ohio. updating this thing now but just looking at it and holding it the controller feels much more solid than a scuf.

Can you map one of the paddles on the back to a clicking of the thumb stick? I e. I hate using click stick for melee or click left stick to run. Can I hold a paddle to do these and map it that way?

The Flash

Banned
Can you map one of the paddles on the back to a clicking of the thumb stick? I e. I hate using click stick for melee or click left stick to run. Can I hold a paddle to do these and map it that way?

Yes

Assignable inputs:
•A, B, X, and Y
•D-pad up, down, left, and right
•Left and right bumpers
•Left and right trigger activation
•Left and right thumbstick click

Justinh

Oh God, they weren't kidding. I feels great in the hands.

Just a reminder for those who forgot or those who are interested but don't know: You can disable the paddles with a double click of the sync button.

I really like how this faceted D-pad feels too. I've only used it so far in the on-screen keyboard so far, though.

Unfortunately the Xbox Accessories app is giving me troubles, I think because I'm in the preview program.

Lizardus

So it doesn't have innate wireless functionality for PC? With a price like this, I was expecting it.

Still ordered one anyway.

Head.spawn

My package shipped last night and already arrived today.

Amazon told no lies.

Oh God, they weren't kidding. I feels great in the hands.

Just a reminder for those who forgot or those who are interested but don't know: You can disable the paddles with a double click of the sync button.

I really like how this faceted D-pad feels too. I've only used it so far in the on-screen keyboard so far, though.

Unfortunately the Xbox Accessories app is giving me troubles, I think because I'm in the preview program.

Have you updated lately? There was an update last night.

Most things are running super smooth for me on the newest build.

Justinh

My package shipped last night and already arrived today.

Amazon told no lies.

Have you updated lately? There was an update last night.

Most things are running super smooth for me on the newest build.

I'm pretty sure I updated yesterday, but there's another one available so I'm going through it now (just did the preview app, now doing a system update). It wouldn't let me update the controller. It just kinda froze at the start of the xbox accessories app. Strange is that I could hold guide, goto turn off controller, and reconnect with another controller and it'd work fine.

Is there a shot of stores carrying some today? Picked up H5 before work but I forgot to ask if they got any elite left.

Anyone have any luck with picking one up today at Best Buy?

level1

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

9Jkc4gh.jpg

The Flash

Banned
Is there a shot of stores carrying some today? Picked up H5 before work but I forgot to ask if they got any elite left.

Some people have found them in store. The consensus is that stores only have a handful. Better call ahead just to be safe.

Falchion

Halo 5 is the perfect 'launch game' for the Elite controller because the face buttons have so many important functions like boosting and jumping that you normally would have to sacrifice aiming the right stick in order to use.

Kud Dukan

Trying to decide if I should grab this. I'll be playing a lot of Halo, and I do use a controller a lot when I'm PC gaming. Decisions...

Lima

Uhm his controller is broken. A normal Xbox controller which the elite and his scuf is based on doesn't have this issue.

Uhm his controller is broken. A normal Xbox controller which the elite and his scuf is based on doesn't have this issue.

I'm playing with the stick sensitivity now and his menu looked different. so maybe he didn't update the controller or something.

Are you guys using instant for both sticks?

You would have to get extremely lucky. Closet store to me is 60 miles away... ANY store.
You cant ever place an order online anywhere, it's sold out everywhere you look.
Looks like Microsoft really underestimated the demand, not that I would blame them.

Recharg3

I received mine and it's unbelievable and at £100 I am over the moon don't think I have spent a £100 on anything better up until now...

Just turned it on and done an update completely forgot it had wireless updates.

To appreciate this controller you really need to see/feel it in person to truly understand what all the hype is about

I received mine and it's unbelievable and at £100 I am over the moon don't think I have spent a £100 on anything better up until now...

Just turned it on and done an update completely forgot it had wireless updates.

To appreciate this controller you really need to see/feel it in person to truly understand what all the hype is about

I might have already missed some, but can you tell.me how good the d pad is, have you tried fighting games?

Mihos

Gold Member
I canceled my order and pre-ordered the elite bundle. I am giving my xbox one away until then, since I really only have 2 games for it.

Justinh

Wow, sucks for that guy. Hopefully he can get it fixed. It's gotta suck to get something busted after paying 150 for it.

I don't have Halo 5 and I don't know his sensitivity settings or whatever, but playing in Destiny mine doesn't turn that slowly and I left the sensitivity curves at default. Mine doesn't click when I move the right stick either.

So I pre ordered mine from the Microsoft Store back in June and mine still hasn't shipped. After a 40 minute call to customer support they told me that I would receive mine in November. Fuck off Microsoft, was looking forward to playing Halo with this today and now I will get it whenever they restock. What a joke.

Wow, sucks for that guy. Hopefully he can get it fixed. It's gotta suck to get something busted after paying 150 for it.

I don't have Halo 5 and I don't know his sensitivity settings or whatever, but playing in Destiny mine doesn't turn that slowly and I left the sensitivity curves at default. Mine doesn't click when I move the right stick either.

Yeah somethings up In that video. I have been playing with my controller and it moves so fast on Instant I can't even aim.

I'm playing on the aggressive setting right now. I turn a little slow but not like that video. I'm only using sensitivity 4 in game and aggressive for the right stick in the app.

if you watch the video he did that it didnt help

I did watch, I didn't see him actually select any of them. I would find it hard to believe MS made the Elite controller worse than a reg controller when it comes to slow turn. He could have had a bad one. Or he might be full of the brown stuff.

Was going to impulse buy today, but it seems that they are near impossible to find. Will still look for a bit after work when I am picking up H5.

Ffs!

Why didn't I catch that 70 quid price on amazon!!!

Can't justify that 130 quid price for a controller but would have defo bit at 70.

Looks well nice and that.

Yaari

So I pre ordered mine from the Microsoft Store back in June and mine still hasn't shipped. After a 40 minute call to customer support they told me that I would receive mine in November. Fuck off Microsoft, was looking forward to playing Halo with this today and now I will get it whenever they restock. What a joke.

I really don't know what they were thinking when they produced this thing. They have so few of them available. It's like they don't even want to sell them.

hwalker84

On with Xbox Support since my D-pad isn't right. They're telling me I need a console serial number to perform a replacement. I told them I don't have one. They're trying to tell me you cannot get a replacement unless you own an Xbox. WTF???

How did I order mine later than you and get it on time? I probably wont order online from them again. Their package tracking system sucks, notification system sucks. I didn't find out I was getting mine on-time till last night. Next time it's Amazon for sure.

The Flash

Banned
I really don't know what they were thinking when they produced this thing. They have so few of them available. It's like they don't even want to sell them.

Because they didn't expect it to sell out like it has. It's a $150 controller for crying out loud.

hwalker84

So it doesn't have innate wireless functionality for PC? With a price like this, I was expecting it.

Still ordered one anyway.

Joke post right? What did you expect them to secretly stick proprietary hardware in every PC on the planet in anticipation of this controllers release?

Top Bottom