• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomma_man

I don't mind Drycasts that focus primarially on actual video games in theory, but this week's Bombcast just highlighted that the guys are really not very good at articulating why they like or dislike something. There was more substance to that Zelda discussion than anything in the entire month leading up to it combined. Which is fine, because normally they make up for it in other ways - case in point the Beastcast - but at the moment the Bombcast is isn't that funny or insightful (unless it's Jeff talking about the old games or the guests talking in general).

It's also why GOTY podcasts are kinda boring most of the time - there's no debate of any substance. It's just brad going "ehhhhhhh" and Jeff going "it's a bad game", "the numbers go up" etc. Austin's Invisible Inc monologue should be the standard, not some wild anomaly.

I agree with Dan's ranking of the Twisted Metal series from Ep. 99 except that I would argue that Twisted Metal Black is the better game overall since it had a higher framerate, tighter controls, and better presentation. The only thing I think that would detract from it possibly is the tone of the two games and how contrasted they are to each other. The 2012 game tried to alleviate this somewhat, but it was a bit of a mistake to detach the personalities from their respective vehicles.

Also, they omitted Rogue Trip. That was my Twisted Metal 3 before Head On.

So there's a new rad-looking laser gun quest in Rec Room that they should play.

bpdRjeD.gif

In a dream world multiple GB folks would team up and play, but I can't imagine East has near the space for a VR setup.

Meneses

I dunno if he recommended another one but he did recommend In Broad Daylight...

Started reading it but got bored halfway through.

I was looking for something new and I remember he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it (or maybe it was something else), but I checked the blurb and it doesn't sound very appealing to me.

bgbball31

CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Just saw a spoiler for Persona 5 and want to forget it. Anyone have suggestions? :-(

In Broad Daylight sounds interesting, but I have such a backlog of books I don't know if I'll ever get to it.

Megasoum

Banned
Speaking of In Broad Daylight... Well ok the link might be a bit of a stretch but anyway...

I'm currently listening to "S Town" (standing for Shit Town)... The new podcast by the Serial guys and it's really fucking good (much better than Serial season 2).

Really interesting and fucked up.

Really great clip but I'm not a fan of that style of animation... I prefer the Beastcast 99 intro one

Yeah, LackingSaint and Axel Hunter have different animation styles but I love their videos regardless of style. LackingSaint has some really good GB Animated vids.

Scizzy

The Mario mythology this week was the best Mario fan-fiction on the Bombcast since Vinny imagined how the year of Luigi would inevitably have to end.

Jintor

How...."open world-y" is Nier? I started playing a couple days and my eyes rolled backwards into my skull once I've started running around a boring empty city, doing meaningless "go there pick up x" sidequests and picking up materials to craft. I haven't played it since but not just for those reasons

I really hope you guys didn't trick me into buying a Ubisoft open world game cause it really feels like one so far

I wouldn't bother doing side quests until fast travel opens up and even then only if you think the quest is in any way interesting.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the P4 ER for the first time while also playing P5 which is my first Persona.

It's crazy how similar both games are. So many things in common.

Wunder

Watching the P4 ER for the first time while also playing P5 which is my first Persona.

It's crazy how similar both games are. So many things in common.

From the limited things I've seen from P3 it looked like there were way more similarities in those games than P4 to P5. I'm sure the generational leap helped a lot in differentiating P5 though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
From the limited things I've seen from P3 it looked like there were way more similarities in those games than P4 to P5. I'm sure the generational leap helped a lot in differentiating P5 though.

P4 is way more different to P3 than P5 to P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom