• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 vs NBA Live 14 - Comparison (PS4)

Apollo

Banned
Replace Lives with 2Ks player models, animations, gameplay, crowd graphics and keep Lives presentation and courts and you'll a great game. 2Ks courts look like shit.

It's like I'm watching an actual NBA game! :O

QcNrVrJ.png

Did EA hand off modeling duties to Yukes?

Oh geeze, I was already beaten to that punchline.

dreamfall

Replace Lives with 2Ks player models, animations, gameplay, crowd graphics and keep Lives presentation and courts and you'll a great game. 2Ks courts look like shit.

Yeah, if ESPN integration could come back like 2K4 and we could get better menu navigation!

ibb8hdwi3BQl8w.jpg

WITHOUT JALEN ROSE.

The commentary in 2K is fantastic. The commentary in Live is eerily reminiscent of the first WWE games on PS2.

I don't know much about this Wang guy but is it feasible to imagine that EA will throw money at him and try to poach him back for next year?

God I hope not but money talks.

Mahonay

Banned
Live sure looks pretty terrible when lined up directly against 2K14 like this.

It's not as often as it used to be last gen, but you still get the stray horrifying player model here and there in 2K. People that they didn't have time to update for whatever reason. Look at Michael Beasley here. His smooshed play-dough face looks hilarious while standing next to his lifelike teammates.
iSA1G9jESrnZf.png

A strange one for me, considering he's one of the best players in the league, is how bad Chris Paul looks in 2K14. Doesn't look like him at all. Maybe he didn't want to get his head scanned or something? That's being really nitpicky though. I have the game and it's insanely gorgeous otherwise.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I swore that 2K14 screen shot of LeBron was used for Live 14 before Live came out.

Whats really going on here.....

iJudged

Banned
Really would love to see CP3s headshot if someone could find it and post it plz :D

Live sure looks pretty terrible when lined up directly against 2K14 like this.

It's not as often as it used to be last gen, but you still get the stray horrifying player model here and there in 2K. People that they didn't have time to update for whatever reason. Look at Michael Beasley here. His smooshed play-dough face looks hilarious while standing next to his lifelike teammates.
iSA1G9jESrnZf.png

A strange one for me, considering he's one of the best players in the league, is how bad Chris Paul looks in 2K14. Doesn't look like him at all. Maybe he didn't want to get his head scanned or something? That's being really nitpicky though. I have the game and it's insanely gorgeous otherwise.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I have 2k14 and I love it but damn the hair really sucks. Short or kinky hair looks fine but any player with long hair looks horrible.

If you want a good laugh pick Larry bird lol wow!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is the shittiest comparisons I've ever seen and while 2k looks better there is a lot that looks shitty. The lights reflecting off of court floor look weird, and the hair looks incredibly dumb, deformations look weird as well.

I immediately checked your post history to see if you're a paid EA shill.
Apparently you actually believe what you just typed.

Top Bottom