• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 vs NBA Live 14 - Comparison (PS4)

Bundy

Banned
Looks like a typical EA Sports game to me.

btw.
I will punch each and every buyer of this game I'm gonna met.

Eusis

The Dark Souls of sports graphics.

No seriously they look like they were spawned by the Demon's Souls or Dark Souls character creator. That's fine for games like that which are low budget-ish anyway, but a major sports game? What the hell?

Jrs3000

TTY05Vf.jpg

I forget, what was the reasoning behind tna impact being so much better looking then all the later titles?

It disgusts me that EA believe this game engine is good enough for 2013 and beyond.

C'mon people. We need to stop buying their sports games until they are forced to pull their finger out.

Mrbob

It disgusts me that EA believe this game engine is good enough for 2013 and beyond.

C'mon people. We need to stop buying their sports games until they are forced to pull their finger out.

If it makes you feel better hardly anyone will buy Live when 2K is available.

Madden suffers from the same player models. I love the animation physics system in madden, but the rest of the animations look terrible as do the player models.

Why EA can't seem to get this right I don't know. The ignite engine simply FAILS are replicating player models. Even the great fifa looks and plays amazing, all aside from the player models. They look like plastic toys.

dreamfall

Let's go back to NBA Street Volume 2 HD remake or something.

Give me something Street related!

I wouldn't even mind some of those player models in an Arcade title! Just, please. For the love everything good, stop at these horrible simulation attempts. Live 10 was redeemed with Mike Wang. Whatever Peter Moore thought he was doing well (and I love the man), Live should never have been the focus.

tensuke

2K14's graphics and animations are incredible so far. Loving it. Live doesn't even look worthy enough for bargain bin prices.

Replicant

Those PS2-PS3 comparison screens suggest to me that EA losing a lot of talented artists each new generation. I wonder why and if those talents migrated to 2K.

That settles it for me.

I'm buying NBA Live 14
's soundtrack

And yes it's no coincidence that the one year Wang worked with Live, Live 10 was good while 2k10 was meh. He's the man with the plan at 2K.

Shit, I hear that.

I'm pretty terrified. All those wonderful CG looks at the engine, and this is what the end product is?

Please- NO!

My only hope is the fact that Fight Night Champion folks are on the team.

Genuinely great character models and the gameplay was as close as the series has ever been at replicating the sport.

thekin

Banned
These Comparison was clearly biased. For NBA Live 14 they used PS2 footage instead of PS4. : ] DAMN EA, no wonder you had to buy NFL and FIFA license.

EA are the worst company in gaming. This is worse than Smackdown vs Raw.jpg levels of bad and that shit came from a company that went under. Someone should have stopped them from releasing this piece of shit months ago.

This makes me want 2 things:

1) For 2K Sports to make a football/soccer game.

2)For Konami to pull its singer out and make EA sweat with a, you know, good Pro Evolution Soccer game.

Ridley327

EA are the worst company in gaming. This is worse than Smackdown vs Raw.jpg levels of bad and that shit came from a company that went under. Someone should have stopped them from releasing this piece of shit months ago.

If only we were so lucky, as Yuke's is still alive, well, and making WWE games.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ignite engine is going to be scrapped as soon as feasibly possible I bet. This is a total embarrassment.

dreamfall

My only hope is the fact that Fight Night Champion folks are on the team.

Genuinely great character models and the gameplay was as close as the series has ever been at replicating the sport.

God, that game was awesome- both aesthetically and mechanically.

I just wish that Story was better written. The boxing felt so satisfying. I just don't want striking with the Analog stick for the UFC game- EA's MMA proved this to me.

people keep buying those shitty WWE games, sigh

Guilty :/

I wish AKI would just come back- hell, pair with EA and make a new Def Jam game. But the WWE games of the last two years have worked wonders at recapturing the nostalgia of the old Attitude Era and the best Wrestlemania matches- sometimes overshadowing the shitty mechanics. I think it's their best effort since HCTP, but that may just be me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If only we were so lucky, as Yuke's is still alive, well, and making WWE games.

I thought that was only for this year since 2K had just gotten the franchise? Weren't the Visual Concepts guys supposed to take over development at some point?

Paskil

Come on now, son. I almost feel bad for Live at this point. I would be so embarrassed to say I worked on this at EA after 2K14 came out if the gate, guns ablazin'.

I thought that was only for this year since 2K had just gotten the franchise? Weren't the Visual Concepts guys supposed to take over development at some point?

I remember reading somewhere that Yukes and WWE have an extremely tight relationship. So i'd imagine that there's something in the contract that ensures that Yukes is always developing that series. Of course that doesn't mean that another studio can't make a different WWE game. That's what THQ was doing.

Top Bottom