• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

Wurst

I like Windows 8, I love my Windows Phone and I can't wait to see what Microsoft has in store for the new Xbox.

They had really boring e3 showings the last two years. I hope that was a sign that they've put lots of resources into next-gen.

subrock

No doubt there was some situation room shit after the ps4 event to decide their reaction. Perhaps even an all nighter.

2411.gif

I can see good uses for this gif at E3 this year lol

No doubt there was some situation room shit after the ps4 event to decide their reaction. Perhaps even an all nighter.

Why shit in your conference room? Seems like the bathroom would be a more appropriate area for defecation.

I contemplate a lot during my shits too though, so I can understand the logic.

What? what did you find cringeworthy come on son.

Media Molecule. Square. The guy making love to the cars. The Old Man Is the Future Of Gaming presentation. Bungie. The passing off of CGI as a game by slapping a fake UI in the bottom left portion of the screen.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
After being let down by the Wii U launch, the Destiny unveil, and then the PS4 unveil, I'm having a hard time getting the game boner back up for this. If they show actual games it will be a minor win over what Sony did. If those games all involve me waving at my TV, they can piss off.

Can't really blame Sony fans, can you? The company they champion has been so damn inept the past 7 or 8 years, and when it looked like things might turn around, the Vita happened. It would be nice if Sony were powerful again.

That's just how they act regardless. Pretty douchey.

Does anything please you?

beast786

I am betting my left nut that Microsoft will blow us away.

Metro os
Live 3.0
set top box capabilities
windows 8 rt with all the bells and whistles
exclusives
actual console presentation

Judging by the trolling tweets from MS guys. They have more than what sony got to offer. They already have the surface streaming gimmick, we know live will have sharing capabilities, we know that kinect 2.0 will be a focus, and we know they got games coming.

All that sony have over them is the ram. Which i am sure they have contrary to what people are saying here. If they have 8gb gddr5 ram. Its pretty much over if you ask me judging by what we saw Wednesday.

Over because of kinect, metro, windows rt and set top box capabilities ?

Yep as a gamer that really sound like game over
lol

FStop7

Banned
It was wii music. Worst part of the sony show.

Wait you guys actually like that molecule move presentation?

What I didn't like about it is that I find it really, really, really hard to believe all of that complex rigging could be controlled by basic gestures with a single move controller. Either Media Molecule has pulled off something truly incredible or that was a total farce. I'll believe it when I see it in the real world.

Media Molecule. Square. The guy making love to the cars. The Old Man Is the Future Of Gaming presentation. Bungie. The passing off of CGI as a game by slapping a fake UI in the bottom left portion of the screen.

You dont think MS will have their own version of these? Remebering back to the Natal/Kinect reveal with the perfect room scanning in objects to use in games spings to mind. TBH i think these reveals are all just a bit of sabre rattling till the big war at E3, I expect windows RT to be part of the new console with access to its apps as a someway to please the ipod press. Just hoping that its not alot of US only stuff, using it as a set top box could be a problem with all the TV standards across the globe. BTW what ever happened to the streaming parntership that was supposed to happen with BT in the Uk?

Dreaver

I bet that the Xbox is less powerful and less of a powermachine then the Playstation 4, a disappointed to the hardcore. I've the feeling they'll play it smart though. I think a lot of people will choose the new Xbox over the Playstation because of Xbox live (friends, cross 360/new Xbox chat, GamerScore). If they're smart they'll show Fifa and Call of Duty because it would be huge.

Oh man, I don't think I have it in me to watch another next-gen console reveal. I end up getting too excited and spazz out over awesome reveals.

You dont think MS will have their own version of these? Remebering back to the Natal/Kinect reveal with the perfect room scanning in objects to use in games spings to mind.

Of course they'll have them. I'm just not stupid enough to say that's all they'll have or pretend that Sony doesn't do the same thing. We can pretend casual gamers aren't driving the industry (apparently they had the power to devastate Nintendo and Sony's handheld businesses), but they are. If Microsoft are dumb, they'll forget that the first group you need to adopt your console is the core gamers. If they do, we won't see core games at their reveal. I have a feeling they understand the business better than a lot of people full of wishful-thinking think they do.

The general consensus seems to be that everyone who isn't a hardcore enthusiast was underwhelmed by Sony's conference. Microsoft has a real chance to gain some hype if they come up with a presentation that blows casuals/average gamers away.

I seriously doubt Microsoft bungles their reveal. Just focus on their strengths.

People hate on the cost of entry to Xbox Live, but PSN is a farce in comparison. The lack of dedicated framework across all games is a huge hindrance, no dedicated chat, slow marketplace, etc. are all issues PSN has to overcome to even be on par with Live of the current gen. Glass is the tip of the iceberg, and that was released for the 360.

Hardware strength is important in so much as it can deliver the developers vision. Added bells and whistles for a few more effects is nice, but let's not act like that carries much if any weight with the common consumer. 8 GB of DDR5 won't make or break the race here.

Kinect has loads of potential. Without knowing any details outside of 'leaks', there's a good chance it will provide some legitimate game play enhancements that the older hardware couldn't provide.

It's silly to write MSFT off so quickly.

If Microsoft can merge their platforms and can create a good ecosystem, they will have a good contender, but I don't know if they can/want do that.

Same marketplace for Windows 8, Windows Phone and Xbox would be something interesting, buying in one, use it in all platforms.

Curufinwe

I seriously doubt Microsoft bungles their reveal. Just focus on their strengths.

People hate on the cost of entry to Xbox Live, but PSN is a farce in comparison. The lack of dedicated framework across all games is a huge hindrance, no dedicated chat, slow marketplace, etc. are all issues PSN has to overcome to even be on par with Live of the current gen. Glass is the tip of the iceberg, and that was released for the 360.

This is huge exaggeration. The Sony marketplace is no worse than the cluttered mess on the 360.

Hana-Bi

It would be awesome if I had any reason to be excited, but going by MS's decision making in the past 2 years, and going by rumors and leaks...it get's very hard to be excited about this upcoming event when there's the generalized feeling that MS doesn't really care that much about most of core gamers you can find on a forum like Neogaf.

So far it has been bad rumor after bad rumor, after bad leak, etc etc

That said it's a poor show of form for a bunch of people that decide that they have green card to troll a system that hasn't been unveiled yet, or its presentation.

One of the things I'm more interested at this point is seeing if they are even gonna talk about the specs. It would seem counter productive to their image to talk about much inferior specs when the competition already announced theirs.

This is maybe the best thing for MS. Nobody (or at least just a minority) is expecting anything great from MS.They just need to make something good to impress those people.

Well at this point most people know that Microsoft have less powerful hardware than Sony, but as long as it's a significant leap over the 360, the only thing they have to do for their event is show off some really cool software. That's games and extended featureset. They'll need to swing their software set hard unless there's something mindblowingly compelling about the hardware.

This is huge exaggeration. The Sony marketplace is no worse than the cluttered mess on the 360.

Depends on your standards. To me it's what you'd expect from something that's free and patched together over time as it wasn't developed to be an essential piece to the console. It's come a good ways from when it started at launch, but come on, the dl's are sometimes pathetically slow, the UI is clumsy, difficult navigation, no dedicated chat across all games, no group chat, and online play varies greatly from title to title. All are legitimate issues even today.

Alrighty lets try and not make this a console vs console thread. Try and strictly stick to getting boners over the Xbox event to keep things simple and nice.

Of course they'll have them. I'm just not stupid enough to say that's all they'll have or pretend that Sony doesn't do the same thing. We can pretend casual gamers aren't driving the industry (apparently they had the power to devastate Nintendo and Sony's handheld businesses), but they are. If Microsoft are dumb, they'll forget that the first group you need to adopt your console is the core gamers. If they do, we won't see core games at their reveal. I have a feeling they understand the business better than a lot of people full of wishful-thinking think they do.
I doubt Microsoft will have anything better then Killzone or Watch Dogs or Forza to show for core gamers. Core gamers also doesn't care about Windows 8 or other abilities. So it will be pretty hard for Microsoft to draw them in either way. I see them going for the casuals all way.

abadguy

Banned
I doubt Microsoft will have anything better then Killzone or Watch Dogs or Forza to show for core gamers. Core gamers also doesn't care about Windows 8 or other abilities. So it will be pretty hard for Microsoft to draw them in either way. I see them going for the casuals all way.

Sorry but it's not hard to be better than Killzone and Watchdogs will be for Durango as well.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pretty much.

Sorry but it's not hard to be better than Killzone and Watchdogs will be for Durango as well.
How exactly? Better graphics doesn't matter apparently. Anything shooter like or racing like won't excite anyone because of gameplay. No matter how good Kinect is, core gamers won't care. I don't see what Microsoft could offer in terms of revolutionary gameplay.

gryz

Banned
How exactly? Better graphics doesn't matter apparently. Anything shooter like or racing like won't excite anyone because of gameplay. No matter how good Kinect is, core gamers won't care. I don't see what Microsoft could offer in terms of revolutionary gameplay.

they can project some lights into your room or something. ITS A REVOLUTION

We differ here. PSN is a joke. A complete and utter joke. XBL is a breeze to find content in by comparison, and doesn't lag like crazy or take a minute to load.

Like it would be hard to show something more compelling than Killzone. Killzone sales aren't exactly setting the world on fire. It looked pretty, but is it going to save a dying franchise? As for Watch Dogs, I expect we'll see it again at Microsoft's show. If Ubisoft loves anything, it's multi-console releases. I agree about the Windows 8 stuff. If they spend a lot of time talking about the OS instead of the features that are running on the OS....Zzzzzzz. If, however, they've come up with great uses for Skype etc, it has the potential to blow Sony's offering away, much like they did at the start of the current gen, and then Sony will spend another generation playing catch-up on features. My personal guess is we'll only hear limited talk of specs and features ala Sony's PS4 launch, maybe they'll show their new controller, glimpses of non-gameplay footage of new IPs, a few surprise moneyhats, discussion about what their new media studio in LA is working on, and a lot of time devoted to non-gaming media apps.

lol the only good games in your pic are from the original Xbox. that microsoft is long gone.

Mark of The Ninja, Crackdown, Shadow Complex and Gears are now bad games? Get out.

they can project some lights into your room or something. ITS A REVOLUTION

Ohhh I get it now.

eunao

I really hope they show more core games than kinect or services. I am genuinely interested in what kind of special sauce they will give us

Top Bottom