• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

Bsigg12

Just left the last event for the FanFest, they gave everyone a year of Live and a year of GamePass. Pretty awesome.

Met the devs of Ashen and The Artful Escape. Beat the Ashen demo which was fantastic and can't wait to play more. I wasn't able to play The Artful Escape but it looked amazing. Hopefully I can check it out tomorrow.

Assassin's Creed was really interesting. On one hand it felt similar to older Assassin's Creed games and on the other it embraced almost some Witcher elements which felt really good. Should be something to watch out for.

Forza 7 looked good damn incredible and with the Dolby Atmos Headphones or whatever sounded pretty great even on a crowded floor.

Crackdown 3 is a ton of fun. The art style is far cleaner in person than the trailer. Talked to a dev there and he said it was a self inflicted wound not mentioning the destruction with the cloud tech but it's still in the game. They wanted to focus on the campaign at E3 and it was at least a lot of fun.

Battlegrounds feels weird as hell with a controller.

Minecraft in 4K and with the Super Duper Graphics Pack or whatever looks surprisingly good. Talking to the devs, I really like that they looked at what was used most in the Java version and have figured out how to being that to this other branch with consoles/mobile/Windows 10 PC.

Super Lucky's Tale was a fun little demo. Will probably ultimately end up getting it.

Oh and the live demo of Gears 4 on a X1X dev kit running at 4K with 4K textures and a bunch of other graphical upgrades looked fantastic. Excited to play through that again when I get an X1X.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Just left the last event for the FanFest, they gave everyone a year of Live and a year of GamePass. Pretty awesome.

Met the devs of Ashen and The Artful Escape. Beat the Ashen demo which was fantastic and can't wait to play more. I wasn't able to play The Artful Escape but it looked amazing. Hopefully I can check it out tomorrow.

Assassin's Creed was really interesting. On one hand it felt similar to older Assassin's Creed games and on the other it embraced almost some Witcher elements which felt really good. Should be something to watch out for.

Forza 7 looked good damn incredible and with the Dolby Atmos Headphones or whatever sounded pretty great even on a crowded floor.

Crackdown 3 is a ton of fun. The art style is far cleaner in person than the trailer. Talked to a dev there and he said it was a self inflicted wound not mentioning the destruction with the cloud tech but it's still in the game. They wanted to focus on the campaign at E3 and it was at least a lot of fun.

Battlegrounds feels weird as hell with a controller.

Minecraft in 4K and with the Super Duper Graphics Pack or whatever looks surprisingly good. Talking to the devs, I really like that they looked at what was used most in the Java version and have figured out how to being that to this other branch with consoles/mobile/Windows 10 PC.

Super Lucky's Tale was a fun little demo. Will probably ultimately end up getting it.

Oh and the live demo of Gears 4 on a X1X dev kit running at 4K with 4K textures and a bunch of other graphical upgrades looked fantastic. Excited to play through that again when I get an X1X.

Great feedback, thanks. Getting more hyped up.

Man, the Fanfest spoiled me.

The E3 show floor was sooooo crowded the last two days! I'm glad I had a chance to check out the Xbox games ahead of time.. I think the only thing I successfully waited for at E3 was the custom controller!

So much swag this year.

1 E3 Ticket
1 year of Xbox Live
1 year of Xbox Game Pass
1 2TB "Project Scorpio" External Seagate HDD (FANFEST EXCLUSIVE!)
1 Plantronics RIG600 Headset
1 Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha Access
*2* open beer/wine bars w/ FOOD!
An Xbox shirt with your gamertag on it
An "ITS A MONSTER" Scorpio shirt
Some other shirts
A couple hats
Pins! Pins everywhere!
Lanyards (so many of these from everywhere)
Great seats @ the Xbox Briefing
More random swag in the bag I'm forgetting about

They really went above and beyond this year, I've been every year since 2014 and this was far and away the best it's ever been. I hope they stick to this format for next year. I had so much fun meeting other Xbox fans I've only talked to on here or Twitter or Xbox Live.

Everyone at Xbox were super nice, and seemed genuinely excited to talk shop about what they worked on. I ended up having a half hour talk with the guy who designed the Elite controller, and another long talk with the Xbox CMO.

Can't wait for next year, crossing fingers that I get in for the 5th year!

e2MNX5gt_400x400.jpg

Top Bottom