• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

Joystick

Damn Sony's 1st party doesn't wait around. They love to surpass each other. Guerrilla (Shadow Fall) < Sucker Punch (Second Son) < Santa Monica (The Order) < Naughty Dog (U4) < Guerrilla (Horizon) <= Sucker Punch (?) Santa Monica (GOW) Naughty Dog (TLOU2)

Neil Druckman said at PSX that TLOU2 uses "within Sony's group by far the most advanced character model" and "we could never cut to a close up of eyes before because we couldn't get the fidelity but now we can".

Source and facial mocap:
https://youtu.be/iJgzJZiys-c?t=4h37m27s

BeeDog

Webhallen says my Special Edition was already sent yesterday, so I pray to higher powers that I might receive the game today, woo!

antipod

Webhallen says my Special Edition was already sent yesterday, so I pray to higher powers that I might receive the game today, woo!

Just had to log in and check my Special Edition order and well, says they sent it yesterday for me too. Fingers crossed, tummar hållna.

Damm, the excitement will affect my working day!

Exquisik

Thanks to the above post, I went and checked on my order at Best Buy and noticed that it will be available on Monday, February 27th instead of the 28th. Does that mean I can pick up the game on the 27th? Does anyone else's pre-order shows the same thing? I pre-ordered a lot of games through Best Buy but I usually don't pick them up on released date. This will be the first time and I would love to play it on the night of the 27th.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sAj6URJ.jpg[/IMG]

I'll post more on this tomorrow but I ended my session tonight in a cauldron that I think I maybe shouldn't have gone into yet?

its cauldron XI and it had the eclipse members all over it which was a cool change for the cauldron. It had a ton of cool moments in it, also there is this super crazy energy ball thing... it all seems like it has to tie into the main story and I did this out of order.

Redlogic

Thanks to the above post, I went and checked on my order at Best Buy and noticed that it will be available on Monday, February 27th instead of the 28th. Does that mean I can pick up the game on the 27th? Does anyone else's pre-order shows the same thing? I pre-ordered a lot of games through Best Buy but I usually don't pick them up on released date. This will be the first time and I would love to play it on the night of the 27th.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sAj6URJ.jpg[/IMG]

If you are doing in store pick up, then you can pick it up on the 28th. I know it says 27th, I used to do in store and tried the same move...never worked. So I just learned to go on release date. It is misleading though, hence my attempt to grab it a day early.

wouwie

I'm seriously considering buying this game despite not being into RPG's and open world games at all (except for Read Dead Redemption, which was amazing, but not an RPG). I figure i should give the genre another (or rather first) try and this is more of an action RPG than a pure RPG.

I was wondering though: is stealth an option in combat?

I'll post more on this tomorrow but I ended my session tonight in a cauldron that I think I maybe shouldn't have gone into yet?

its cauldron XI and it had the eclipse members all over it which was a cool change for the cauldron. It had a ton of cool moments in it, also there is this super crazy energy ball thing... it all seems like it has to tie into the main story and I did this out of order.
Hey miami is it possible to be OP from early on through one of your learned abilities?

kiri

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this;

Bought Horizon off eBay from ShopTo (in the UK) and apparently have now been told that it doesn't come with the Pre-Order DLC;

-- Nora lookout outfit
-- Nora longshot bow
-- Nora machine trapper pack

So I am just wondering if anyone has any idea if this stuff will be obtainable later in the game or this is locked into pre-order only?

Tyaren

The store where I preordered the game just confirmed that I can pick up my Limited Edition tomorrow. :D

Y5Cdpht.gif

Toni

Neil Druckman said at PSX that TLOU2 uses "within Sony's group by far the most advanced character model" and "we could never cut to a close up of eyes before because we couldn't get the fidelity but now we can".

Source and facial mocap:
https://youtu.be/iJgzJZiys-c?t=4h37m27s

The Last Of Us 2 is going to blow our fucking minds.

That and GTA 6 are going to be the highest rated games on Metacritic this generation, you can count on that.

level1

Feels like an eternity since I began reading all the impressions here but...I finally got my copy! Can't wait to play when I get home

Just got my copy and put the disc in, holy shit hype.

Also have we ever had a game with such a lengthy install prior to being able to launch the game? Makes the game more epic haha

Edit: I think only Watch Dogs 2 comes to mind

Edit 2: I'll be playing on a Pro and Samsung JS8500 if anyone with the same hardware cares for specific impressions.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this;

Bought Horizon off eBay from ShopTo (in the UK) and apparently have now been told that it doesn't come with the Pre-Order DLC;

-- Nora lookout outfit
-- Nora longshot bow
-- Nora machine trapper pack

So I am just wondering if anyone has any idea if this stuff will be obtainable later in the game or this is locked into pre-order only?
That's what I've been wanting to know for a while now. If the preorder outfits are obtainable later in the game, I won't preorder.

Something else that's neat, bodies don't disappear unless you leave the area. I've been rumblign around this one area for at least 20 minutes and all the dead robos are still dead. You can't clip through the dead bodies either, they are actual geometry even once dead.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Something else that's neat, bodies don't disappear unless you leave the area. I've been rumblign around this one area for at least 20 minutes and all the dead robos are still dead. You can't clip through the dead bodies either, they are actual geometry even once dead.

That's really cool. I love when games make it a point to not only have bodies remain after death but make them physical objects and not just something you clip through.

Top Bottom